Chapter 42

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

The bell rings just as their teacher tries to finish the lesson and finally place a due date on an upcoming assignment. Athena almost pities her teacher but then she remembers she hasn't even started looking at the assignment sheet. Instead of staying back, she mutters a soft goodbye like the rest of her classmates and exits the room with Changbin and Felix by her side.

"Thank God that class is over!" Changbin exclaims. "I thought I was going to die of boredom."

"Honestly, same. Why did Mrs. Choi have to take so long to explain one thing?" Felix adds, shaking his head.

Athena just giggles at her friends and nods along.

"Are you guys up for bowling tonight?"

"Changbin, did you forget it's a school night? And we have an unofficial assignment to work on?"

Changbin rolls his eyes. "School night or whatever, we should still have fun."

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you but I have two tests next week and the assignment, so count me out," Athena says with a sigh.

"What about you?" he nods to Felix.

Felix shrugs and shakes his head. "Sorry, I've got school work too."

The other boy pouts but waves goodbye to them before dashing off to his locker. Felix and Athena then head the opposite way to get to their own lockers and start the trek home.

"Do you actually have work to do?" Athena questions.

"Nope," he chuckles.

Athena grins and rolls her eyes.  At the split in the hallway, the two part ways, agreeing to meet at the front doors.