Chapter 28

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Athena had made it to her locker successfully and was just grabbing a textbook for her next class when her name is called, echoing through the hallway. Turning around, she sees Felix marching his way toward her. When he finally reaches her, Athena notices his anger but it hardly overtakes her fear of the people starting to flood into the hallways.

"Felix, what are you doing here?" Athena whispers harshly.

Felix rolls his eyes. "The real question is what are you doing here? Why are you leaving so early?"

"I....I...." Athena trails off.

"Seriously Athena, what's gotten into you?"

"I've been busy?" She utters.

"Yeah right," Felix scoffs. "If you're busy, then we'd all be busy. We basically have the same classes."

A crowd was slowing starting to form as more people entered the hallways to get ready for the next period. Athena becomes hyper aware of it all and notices Hana standing nearby, watching intently.

"Felix, can we talk about this somewhere else? Please?"

But Felix needed to know what was going on. So, he presses on the issue, unconsciously ignoring Athena's hidden fear.

"No, we need to talk about this now!" Felix exclaims. "You promised Athena."

His voices softens and Athena feels swell. She glances at Hana who gives her a look, one of question.

What are you going to do now, murderer?

"I'm sorry Felix."

Athena shuts her locker and gives the boy one last look before turning away. She broke through the crowd as quickly as she could, avoiding the stares and gossiping mouths.

"Good job Athena. I always knew you were smart," Hana states as she passes by.

Athena shakes her head in anger, walking away without answering.

Left alone in the middle of the hallway was Felix. He was confused and angered and annoyed and couldn't believe what he saw. Felix had no idea why Athena was acting like this and now she won't even speak to him? He glares at the rest of the onlookers before storming off; a promise and his heart, broken in only a few seconds.