Chapter 50

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

The first thing Felix did was stand still and watch the snow fall before him. He had always wondered what it would be like, out in a snow shower. He'd seen it on TV and in pictures but never once experienced it for himself.

Snowflakes fall on his face and coat his eyelashes. He reaches out a gloved hand and watches them pile on it only to disappear due to the warmth radiating from his hands. It was all so beautiful.

Suddenly, a freezing cold feeling hits the side of his face and he gasps. A faint giggle is heard and Felix finds Athena almost doubling over with laughter.

"Did you just throw snow at me?"

The girl shrugs. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"When will you ever learn Athena, I always get you back," Felix says.

"You've got to catch me first."

With that, she winks in his direction before racing away. Felix is close behind her though, a snowball forming in his hands.

They continue like this for another hour or so, throwing snow at each other, building snow sculptures, making snow angels.

Finally, with battered breaths, the two lay on the ground motionless.

"It's kinda crazy how the sky just turns white like this," Felix states quietly.

"Yeah, it is. But when it's like this, freshly fallen, it's so pretty," Athena adds.

Felix nods. He tilts his head toward her and smiles. Snow was planted all over her hair and hat but it made her look just as beautiful as the scenery around him. He could feel his cheeks flush and decides to turn his eyes back to the sky before his feelings get ahead of themselves.

"Thank you Athena."

Athena turns at his voice. Somehow, the two have the same thoughts as she fawns over his beauty within this winter wonderland. Bravely, she takes hold of his hand in hers and looks up again.

"Anytime Felix."

 

 

a/n

do any of you live in a country where it doesn't snow? or did you have a first time experience with snow?

i mean, i was born in canada so my first time didn't feel different per say, but my sisters had never experienced snow before moving to canada so their first experience was indeed different.

lol, they ran out into the snow with just their regular clothes only to realize after that it was freezing cold.

let me know your experiences with snow in the comments.

see y'all next time

~tallproud