Chapter 49

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Athena appears in front of his door with a bright smile. Her arms are stuffed with a large jacket and her hands seem to barely hold on to a pair of boots.

"That's quite a bit of stuff you've got there," Felix comments.

Athena nods. "We've got to keep you warm during your first snow."

Felix slowly turns his attention to the view of outside. The scene is so picturesque. Except for the few footprints left by early morning walkers (those crazy or determined enough to do so in this weather) and Athena, the snow is untouched, layering the area like a soft blanket. Felix is pulled out of his trance once the cold wind hits him and he remembers that it's below zero degrees outside.

"Let's get ready inside," he suggests, pulling the girl in from the cold.

Once inside, Athena wastes no time ushering him into the winter wear she had brought over. The jacket and boots were a little too big (the boots mainly), engulfing the boy so he appeared to be a stuffed teddy bear. She giggles and pulls a hat over his head.

"There, you're all set."

Felix blushes slightly and pulls on his scarf. "All ready."

"Now let's go!" Athena exclaims excitedly, exposing them once again to the frigid air from outside.