Chapter 29

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Arriving home, Felix slams the door shut behind him, the effect ricocheting throughout the house. He hadn't walked home with Athena, for obvious reasons. Even as he walked though, his mind was still on Athena and that enraged the boy even more.

He was planning on sulking in his room when he heard a cough. His mom, Yong-Sun, lifts an eyebrow as she stares at her son.

"Do you plan on bringing down the house?"

"What?" Felix asks confused.

Yong-Sun lets out a small laugh. "The way you slammed the door when you came in and the stomping feet I could hear from a mile away, they both come together as a perfect recipe for bringing down a house."

"Ha-ha, very funny mom," Felix says, a smile hinting on his lips. "Plus, you forgot the huffing and puffing, so I couldn't possibly bring the house down."

At this, Yong-Sun lets out a loud snort. She smiles and walks over to Felix, engulfing the boy in a hug. Felix sinks into it and sighs.

"You're gonna help with dinner right?" Yong-Sun questions a few seconds after.

"Uhh, let me think about that," Felix says before slipping out of his mother's grasp.

He races up the stares as she yells for him to come and help or else, but they both know Felix would never not help.