Chapter 37

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

The holiday finally came and Athena couldn't have been happier. School wasn't horrible but every once in a while, Athena would catch glances from Hana and her crew, usually full of judgement and rude intentions. She tried her best to ignore it, remembering what Felix had told her but it was hard sometimes. Especially when she felt Hana had a valid reason to hate her. 

Nevertheless, the weekend arrived and to be away from the burdens of school was truly a blessing. After properly organizing the sleepover and filling Chan in on all the details, Athena let her parents know about the plan. It was no big deal as the couple had planned to have a little getaway anyway. It was something they tried to do whenever both of them were free (which isn't often) so Athena totally understood and never felt left out. Plus, that meant she didn't have to have them bothering her and her friends.

"Well, maybe we could stay," her mom had said when she first told them, a teasing smiling gracing her lips. "I could make my famous dip and your dad could bring out our old karaoke machine!"

"You know, I haven't karaoked in a while," her dad pointed out.

"No, no, you two go away for your deserved break!" Athena exclaimed. "We'll be just fine without you, I promise."

The group had laughed and it felt nice. For the first time in a long time, they were acting like a true family, not just a a married couple and a child. Athena truly loved it and realized how much she missed their small banters.

Since neither of Athena's parents have any direct family in Korea, they usually spent Chuseok with close friends who invited them to their own celebrations. Athena had a great time, as per usual. And, to top it all off, she didn't become the kids' babysitter this year (an annual role received by the children present who were 12 years old and above). Once the family arrived back home, her parents went to get ready for their trip and Athena went to get ready for her party.

"Are you sure you'll be alright at home sweetie?" her mother asks for the nth time that evening.

Athena rolls her eyes. She places her hands on her hips and tilts her head. "Mom, you've left me home alone how many times now? I'm not a baby and my friends, who you know and love, will be here so we're good. You need to stop worrying and go enjoy your little vacation."

"She's right honey," Athena's dad chimes. 

Her mother scoffs as Athena raises her eyes as if to say I told you so and stands beside her father. 

"Two against one isn't really fair now is it?" 

Before her mother can start to go off, Athena's dad grabs her hand and starts to pull her toward the door. She tries to protest but her dad's grip is tight and he clearly doesn't plan on letting go.

"I'll see you on Monday," Athena hollers.

"We'll see you then!"

"And no funny business you two! Back by 6 sharp on Monday, you have work!"

Athena hears them laugh as the door shuts behind them. The house falls silent and Athena lets out a sigh. Quiet, but not for long. She pulls out her phone and texts the crew.

Squad Quads

The Goddess

It is time losers. Come over now or you shall be locked out

Dandy Manny

Already on my way

FeFe the Flower Pot

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still at the grandrents place!! please, do not lock me out

Birthday Girl

What the heck are grandrents?????

Crocodile Dundee

Do i need to being food?

A-yo JiJi

Bruh, capital eye when you're talking about yourself

CashBin

Did you just spell "i" as eye???

Dandy Manny

Felix I thought yuor grandparents were in Australia?

FeFe the Flower Pot

They came to vaca at their korea home so we went to visit them

The Goddess 

oooooooohhhhh, fancy fancy

and yeah chan, you can bring some if you want

actually you all should seeing as you're imposing in on my house

FeFe the Flower Pot

It's not really anything ✨fAnCy✨

A-yo JiJi

what the flip is yuor????????????

and yes changbin, i spelt i, eYe. Get with the times

CashBin

(rollong eYEs)

Birthday Girl

NOBODY ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!! 

Athena giggles before heading off to make sure the house is prepared.
 

~~~

a/n

i love writing their group chats even though i'm not sure i write their friend dynamic that well.

so, unfortunately, school is starting again in fall for me. my first year of university!!! this is super exciting but also means i will be working a lot so I don't know when the next update will be.

I'm a little disappointed because I was hoping to release more chapters this summer but I had so many other things going on.

don't worry, i will be updating in the school year... hopefully😅

anyways, until next time👋🏾

~ tallproud