Chapter 45

Letting Go (The Stray Kids Collection: Story #1)

Athena walks slowly through the hallways of the school, taking in the scenery as if it were new. The final bell had rung awhile ago but Felix had to run a small errand for his drama teacher. Athena decided to wait for him, since he was her walking home buddy. Despite the awkwardness that sometimes rose when they were together, or the unwanted feelings (more on Athena's side) she enjoyed spending the small time with him.

Athena stops in front of the trophy case and eyes it. She had never really looked at it, not until Hyunjin that is.

"Huh, it's like I never escape you, Hwang Hyunjin."

"Ah, the murderer talks to herself too. Should we add psycho to the list of things you are as well?"

Athena turns, a frown settling on her face. The girl wasn't really scared of Hana, she never had been. The situation was what made her vulnerable and both girls knew that's why Hana appeared to have the upper hand.

"What is it this time?" Athena questions quietly, turning to face the trophy case again.

Hana scoffs. "You really don't seem to know you're place. I thought we agreed you would stay away from everyone."

"We did, but then I realised that I don't owe you anything," Athena says. "There's nothing you have over me so please, leave me alone."

"Leave you alone? Are you even listening to yourself? You act like you're the victim in this situation when you not! It's so frustrating!"

Athena looks at her unwanted rival with a grimace.

"Just please-" she pauses, averting her eyes to the floor before looking up at Hana. "I promise, I'll stay out of your way, I'll be invisible just let me be."

But Hana was not about to let up. "You think you deserve to be left alone? To cower by yourself? No, you deserve much worse."

"You murdered him Athena. Murdered. And you think that you should just get to live care free? Does that make sense?" Hana questions this time.

She eyes Athena, waiting for answer. It's mocking, her stance, the way her eyebrow is raised as if the question is rhetorical. Athena knows that it's not, but words can always hurt people, no matter if they are true or false.

"So what do you want me to do? I murdered him. I killed him and what do you want me to do about it?"

At this point Athena's voice rose an octave, cracking just ever so slightly. In the midst of it, tears streaked her face and her breathing was shortening. Hana laughs at this. Pathetic, she thinks before slapping Athena right across her left cheek. The sound resonates in the silent hallway, echoing and vibrating through the walls.

"I've been waiting for you to ask this for so long."

Hana shoves Athena to the ground and as she does, her two sidekicks appear with devilish grins plastered onto their faces.

"It's time we teach this murderer her lesson."