Class A

Secret Love Song

Umji: "What are you doing? Are you trying to leave me alone here?"

 

Umji follows the two with a complain seeing them almost leave. But it seems like they didn't hear anything even though she's just behind Yerin.

 

Umji: "Yerin unnie?" She tries to get her attention.

 

Yerin: "Oh?"

 

The only word that came out from as she turn around to face the person behind her.

 

Umji: "What's with the two of you? " She asks with confusion

 

Yerin: "Ahhh....Nothing, that voice just sounds familiar"

 

Umji: "What voice?"

 

Yerin: "I mean the song is good"

 

After saying those words, she turns to Sinb who's still in a frozen condition.

 

Yerin: "Sinb, are you fine? It's fine for me if you didn't like here, let's just find another place"

 

Sinb: "No, It's not like that. I'm really just fine, don't leave Umji here. And don't worry, I'll be going home"

 

Yerin: "Are you sure? I'll call you later"

 

Sinb: "Okay, I'll be going now"

 

She bids her goodbye to her friends and immediately leave the place.

 

Umji: "Unnie, what's with her? She's been weird the whole day, it's not like her.

 

Yerin: "Don't mind her, she's just like that"

 

She says for Umji not to worry too much, or should we say, for her not to ask anymore.

 

Few weeks have passed and they didn't talked about what happened that day, except for Umji who keeps bringing out the pleasure of the food there that Sinb didn't get a chance to taste. It is already the last day of class after their final exams.

 

Umji: "Yennieee" She call her friend who is walking alone in the long hallway.

 

Yerin: "What's up? How's your marks?"

 

Umji: "As always, it's just average. Look..."

 

She take out her report card and proudly show her marks to Yerin.

 

Yerin: "Math 90, Physics 89, English 94... Wow Umji, you did great"

 

She compliment her friend who have been studying so hard to get those marks.

 

Umji: "How about yours unnie? Don't tell me..."

 

Yerin: "Let's not talk about mine, You know me well. Studying is not what I'm good at, my brain doesn't work good with it"

 

Umji: "Aissh, this kid. I bet you have a failing grade again"

 

Yerin: "Uh...are you really underestimating me?"

 

Umji saw Yerin was holding her report card and snatch it away from her. Yerin tried to grab it back but Umji already open it and saw her marks

 

Umji: "Let's see how did you do... English 79, Math 77, Physical Education 85, Physics 78... Ughhh I can't stand seeing this anymore" She throws the card to Yerin.

 

Yerin: "Yaah! I told you not to mind about it"

 

Umji: "You almost failed a lot, anyway how about Sinb? Where is she?"

 

Yerin: "She's at the faculty"

 

Umji: "What?!" With a shocked voice "Why? Did she do something wrong? She's good in academics though"

 

Yerin: "It's not like that, She ranked first twice this year and I think they are discussing about her transfer on a higher section for the next school year, that boring section with weird students"

 

Umji: "So you're not going to be classmates anymore?"

 

Yerin: "Most probably" She says on a sad tone.

 

Months have passed and students are now getting ready for the first day of this school year. As expected Sinb was transferred to a higher section, wherein the students are like working machines who only study and study and study.

 

Sinb know it well and for sure she will gonna miss the times she can still skip classes with Yerin, cheating on exams (she's not the one who's copying but the one who's sharing answers), bullying other students, and sharing lunch box with her friends.

 

She hates studying but with a brain like that, even though it doesn't show that she's good on it, it is automatic that she always get perfect scores, no doubt that she'll rank first in every semester, even though she looks lazy and mostly sleep on class.

 

Sinb: "Ughhhh this is going to be a boring year, I should've tried to at least have some failing grades"

 

Full of regrets, while making her way to the classroom with her homeroom teacher.

 

Mr. Han: "Okay class listen up"

 

"Yes Mr. Han" The students respond with a pleasing voices.

 

Mr. Han: "In this school it is clear that we have a block sections right? But this year, you're going to have a new classmate from section 4-C. Eunbi? Please come in"

 

Sinb doesn't feel nervous but her feelings aren't comfortable with the eyes of students who's following her the moment she enter the classroom and introduce herself

 

Sinb: "Hello everyone (bow with manners) I'm Hwang Eunbi from class 4-C, I know it will be hard to get along with me but I hope we'll be close in the future. You can just call me Eunbi"

 

She introduce herself as Eunbi, since she only wants her friends to call her Sinb.

 

"Eunbi?"

 

The students exchange looks on each other.

 

"I've heard a lot of rumours about her, they said she's rude"

 

"Just by looking at her, it seems true"

 

"Her aura isn't good, I think she's a student who always fool around"

 

"I wonder how she made it to our class"

 

"I think because of money, who knows... Her father is well known in the business world and wanted a daughter to have a good record of education"

 

The talking was cut by a student who suddenly spoke up.

 

"But we already have a Eunbi here"

 

A student says while pointing out another classmate. Her tone is sarcastic like they can't accept the Eunbi in front of them.

 

Eunha: "It's okay, you're all calling me Eunha. Let's call her Eunbi if that's what she is used to"

 

Sinb: "Why are they so demanding, it seems that they didn't like me" She says into her mind. "Anyway, nice meeting you all"

 

After the introduction, the teacher let her seat beside Eunha since it is still vacant. Everything is new to her since she is not used to be on a serious class and more of a class that always complain to their teachers and fool around. But the only thing that didn't change, is her time to herself. Even after a few weeks on that class while waiting for the next subject, she was always seen sleeping, it's good that the girl with the same name as her has a courage to talk to her sometimes.

 

*During lunch break

 

Sinb tried to peek on Yerin's classroom but she didn't see any of her.

 

Sinb: "Did she skip class again?" Asking herself.

 

Yerin: "Who are you talking to?" Suddenly appearing behind Sinb

 

Sinb: "Oh? You startled me! Why do you keep showing up of nowhere"

 

Yerin: "This is obviously our classroom and it's obviously you are trying to find me"

 

Sinb: "Let's eat lunch together, where's Umji?

 

Yerin: "Already there, let's go"

 

Umji: "So Sinb, how was it? Being a Class-A student, how is it being one of the smartest here?"

 

Sinb: "Stop it, it doesn't make sense" She says with no feelings at all

 

Yerin: "You're bored right? Should we skip class then?"

 

Sinb: "At least I'm in peace on that room, no one even talks to me, aside from that girl who shares the same name with me"

 

Umji: "Who would've mind to talk to you, just seeing you walk in the hallway makes other students afraid because of your killing glares"

 

Yerin: "So there's a girl who shares the same name as you?"

 

Sinb: "Mmm... But she seems kind, unlike those students who always talk behind my back, I thought they only study, but because they are lifeless, they love to talk about other people's life."

 

Umji: "That's just what I thought about them, but I want to meet that Eunbi"

 

Sinb: "She's even cute" Didn't realize what she just said.

 

Yerin: "Woaah, our Hwang Eunbi. You never compliments someone, even me!" She teases and complains

 

Sinb: "Yah! Stop it, let's go now. I'll be late.

 

Time keeps running and the teacher hasn't come yet. Everyone is reviewing their notes and trying to do their assignments for tomorrow's class while Sinb is just lying her head on her desk while looking at the window glass, absorbed by some thoughts. Then finally the door opens and the teacher come in front trying to say something important more than the lesson.

 

Mr. Han: "Listen up, today we are going to change your seats Just to be fair In this box, it has all your seat numbers, you're all gonna draw where you will be seated." 

 

As expected, students complains asking what was the reason of a sudden change.

 

Mr. Han: "Don't you think it will be fresh thing if you try to be seated with other classmates as well?

 

"Fine let's just do this quickly, but i hope I'm not going to be Sinb's seatmate, I'm afraid she will kick me out"

 

"Don't think like that....I think you'll die frozen because of coldness"

 

Mr. Han: "But before you change seats, there's one more thing. I have to introduce you your new classmate, She's new in this place so treat her well and guide her as well. You can come in now"

 

Sinb: "Ughhh, I wonder what this kids will say about her" She let a deep sigh and crossed her arms on her chest, expecting another wave of hateful comments.

 

The girl slowly make her way in front of the class, She has a long black hair and her bangs made her look mysterious but her milky white skin makes her looks brighter plus her tall height is just amazing.

 

"Wow, She looks gorgeous"

 

"Look at her eyes, I'm already deeply in love with it"

 

"She already beat our tallest here"

 

"She made it to our class, She even looks smart. I want to get close to her"

 

Everyone is complimenting the appearance of the girl while one person just got a lot bitter.

 

Sinb: "Look at these people, when I enter the room, I heard every rumours came out from their mouth, And now just because this kid is new here they are complimenting without even knowing her...Idiots" she whisper.

 

When the girl made it to the center front of the class, she bows her head and started to introduce herself "Good day everyone, My name is Yuna...Choi Yuna." Everyone can feel the coldness of her tone as she introduce herself without much feeling.