Memories of Spring

Secret Love Song

Your scent that the wind brought seems faint

Within the empty me, amidst of the frozen seasons. I remember your warmth that replenish me

Come to me like the miracle of a warm spring rain. And replenish my heart again, with you

 

"I miss you... I miss you so much that I always hear your voice whispering through the wind. 

You promised to stay by my side but where are you now? 

Smile at me like what you always do, I want to capture those smiles again. 

Though I can't be with you, Please know that I love you, and I will always do."

 

Reminiscing those days, the moments they collected together. The tears started to escape from her eyes, mixing with the snowflakes on her cheeks. 

 

She will never get tired of counting how many times winter have to come and passed without her. 

 

Listening to that voice from her heart and sitting beside the same lamp post. She now felt more alone while trying to endure the pain in her heart during the cold winter.

 


 

Yuju: "Stop smiling like a fool, do you know how much you made me cringe right now?"

 

She almost hit Sinb's shoulder after getting annoyed on how the girl keeps showing weird smiles in front of her face.

 

Sinb: "I just want your eyes to capture this smile. It's so rare that I can only show this to you, many people says I'm the prettiest when I smile"

 

She proudly says and even put the biggest and the brightest smile from her lips while leaning her face towards the latter.

 

Yuju: "Fool" She whisper and lightly hit Sinb's arms before she walks fast down the road.

 

She's annoyed but without Sinb seeing her face, she slightly smile for finding that cute side of her.

 

Sinb: "Yah! Wait for me...Lets stop for a moment, I'm already tired of walking"

 

She stopped from walking while holding onto her knees.

 

Yuju who was walking ahead of her stops and took some steps back to her.

 

Yuju: "Already tired? We always walk the same road, I never heard you complain before"

 

Sinb: "I just wanna stay and love you forever"

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah...stop with your cheesiness, It's not like you. Are you sure you aren't sick?" 

 

Sinb: "Why? Is showing my love for you a sickness now?"

 

Yuju: "Aniyo...cause If showing love is a sickness, It might be too contagious and I'm afraid I'd do the same soon."

 

She said it shyly but courageously done.

 

Sinb: "Don't worry, It isn't that contagious unless there's a direct contact"

 

Yuju: "What! Direct contact your face!"

 

Sinb laugh out loud with Yuju's reactions. She isn't innocent at all. How could she think of something wrong with that direct contact.

 

Sinb: "I mean, I just felt like your lips looks so lonely, it seems like they wanted to meet mine"

 

Yuju felt the warmth from the air escaping on Sinb's mouth to her ears as she whispers those words. She turn her face on Sinb and she leans closer. While the latter was expecting somethimg from her

 

Yuju: " You know what? Right now, I really wanna punch you" She pull away and teases.

 

Sinb: "Really? Then punch me as hard as you love me"

 

Like what she said, Yuju punches her right arm. But in contrast of what she expected, she did that punch as soft as a touch of leaves brushing her skin.

 

Sinb: "Eyy? I told you to punch me as hard as you love me, why did you do it like this? Is your love for me that shallow?"

 

Yuju: "I just didn't want to hurt you with that kind of love"

 

That was supposed to be something sweet to hear but they both felt differently towards those words.

 

Maybe they both felt like she's right. They will both get hurt if that love grows, knowing that there are questions in their life that they haven't found the answer yet.

 

Sinb: "I think I'm hungry"

 

Immediately changing the topic, she bring up how much she felt about having some snacks for a while.

 

Sinb: "Let's go there, I'm really hungry" Pointing her index finger on the street foods at the sidewalk.

 

Yuju: "I thought you hated foods from places like that?"

 

Sinb: "That was before I met my girlfriend, Let's go now"

 

She took Yuju's wrist dragging her to follow her.

 

Yuju: "I never knew you had a girlfriend"

 

She said once they got in front of a sidewalk stall.

 

Sinb: "After everything? you didn't consider us like that?"

 

Yuju: "Like what?"

 

Sinb: "Aishhh...." She scratches the back of her head

 

Sinb: "Just get something to eat and let's go"


She said annoyingly

 

They both silently pick the foods they liked. But since Sinb isn't still used to it, she just copy what Yuju choses.

 

Vendor: "Actually miss, your girlfriend really likes the food here, she always stopped by here before she went off to somewhere"

 

The vendor suddenly stated after hearing their conversation in front of him. Finally, Sinb got her smile back.

 

Sinb: "See? Even the vendor recognize you as my girlfriend" She whispers on Yuju's ears

 

Yuju rolled her eyes as she put some food in and Sinb just watches her acting so hard to get.

 

Just then a young lady came in between them. Maybe she didn't noticed that the two girls are together but Sinb can't deny how pretty the girl is, with that kind of look in her eyes.

 

"I don't know how to describe her but she was jusy pretty" She said in her mind

 

She felt like she was staring too long when she remember that she's with Yuju. The moment she took her eyes off of the girl's face, she took a glance on Yuju and saw her glares that seems like a thunderbolt going to strike her any time soon.

 

"Try to look at her again and I'll take your eyes off!" Sinb widened her eyes with that thought on how Yuju glare at her and that was scary for her.

​​​​​

She finally took a step to reach Yuju's side when the girl suddenly turn around and accidentally pour the sauce on her shirt.

 

"Omo...I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" The girl bowed several times and quickly took out a handkerchief wiping out the sauce on Sinb's shirt.

 

"I'm really sorry, it's my bad" her nervous voice makes Sinb smile and she helps the girl's trembling hands while wiping out the mess on her shirt

 

Sinb: "I'm fine, don't worry" Her words is minimal but that was definitely soft for someone she just knew and it isn't like her as much as Yuju remember.

 

Yuju felt like she didn't exist anymore and she gets more irritated with the girl's actions towards Sinb, as well as Sinb's looks towards the girl.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, aren't you done paying?" 

 

She rudely asks when she noticed that Sinb has been holding the handkerchief together with the girl's hand.

 

Sinb: "Ah..are you done?" She's too insensitive when she asks but with Yuju's glare attacks, she finally realize what she have to do.

 

Sinb quickly removes her hands from the girl and took out her wallet from her pocket as an excuse.

 

Sinb: "Ah, Okay. I'll gonna pay now" 

 

When Sinb stretches out her hand to pay, the girl quickly held her hands stopping her from paying.

 

"I think I have to pay for you" The girl said.

 

Sinb: "What? I mean, you don't have to"

 

She remove the girl's hands on her but the girl suddenly put her hands on her arms to please her

 

"Just think of it as my sincere apology okay?" She winks several time to make sure her pleasing is effective.

 

Yuju: "One more touch and I'll burry your face on that sauce!" She said in her mind

 

Yuju was just watching the two and she got even more annoyed but she chose to refuse and stay calm.

 

Sinb: "But...I have someone with me, I'll let you pay for me but I'll use my own money to pay for her."

 

"Ahh...I see" The girl took a glance on Yuju for the first time like she never noticed that they were together.

 

"It's okay, she seems kind so I'l pay for her. She's your friend so it will be fine right?"

 

Sinb can't answer if she agrees with the girl's offer. Looking on Yuju's face, she know how much she is pissed off now.

 

The girl squeezes Sinb's arm when she didn't receive a response and Sinb felt surprised with it, specially with Yuju's eyes on her. 

 

Seeing how the girl being to clingy over Sinb, Yuju cannot let her guard down anymore. One more touch and she will explode soon.

 

"Fine with it?" The girl asks again as she squeezes Sinb's arm again.

 

Yuju: "Ok. I'm done with this" She suddenly took the girl's hand away from Sinb.

 

Yuju: "Excuse me miss, I don't need your money to pay for me. How many times does she have to tell you it's fine huh? If she says it's fine, then it's enough. Your sorry is enough so you don't have to act so kind. You understand?"

 

"I..I just felt really sorry, what's wrong with it?" She asks

 

Yuju: "I'm her girlfriend! If you felt sorry, do you really have to keep touching her huh?" She responds eagerly.

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah" She held Yuju's arms trying to calm her down.

 

The girl seems surprised and even Sinb was surprised with Yuju's words. Yuju definitely saw how the girl's cheeks turns red out of embarrassment but she didn't get to see how Sinb's face was like.

 

"Ahh, you-you're a girlfriend?" The girl's voice started to cracked up "I..I'm sorry, I'll gonna go now" Before she left, she didn't forgot to leave a cash to the vendor as a payment but she shyly rushes away after that.

 

Sinb took a glance at the girl running away before she put her look back on Yuju.

 

Yuju: "Wanna follow her? Then go!" She said as their eyes met.

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah" The only thing she can say, because her mind is still into Yuju's words claiming herself as her girlfriend.

 

Yuju walks away but ofcourse Sinb follows her.

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah, wait for me" She said from behind but instead of slowing down, Yuju's walk became even faster.

 

Yuju: "I'm fine, don't worry??? Did she just act so kind on that girl? While she thought of me as a useless seatmate when she first met me?" She whispers to herself.

 

Sinb: "Yah, Yuju-ah...Are you trying to avoid me? Are you that jealous?"

 

Yuju: "Jealous?" She stopped and turn around to face Sinb when she heard that word

 

Yuju: "Why would I even got jealous?"

 

Sinb: "Cause you're my girlfriend" She smirks

 

Yuju: "When did I became your girlfriend uh?"

 

Sinb: "You just said it earlier"

 

Yuju shooks her head after realizing it. She must have been carried on the scene that's why she said so much things that she regrets saying now.

 

Yuju: "Girlfriend? I'm sorry but I can't remember, you must've misheard it"

 

She tries to reason out just to escape from her own proclaim when Sinb suddenly pull her on a hug.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, what are you doing?" She tries to pull away but Sinb didn't allow it.

 

Sinb: "You also liked it this way right? You know how much I love you Yuju-ah. Please give us a chance"

 

Yuju can't answer and stays silent for a while. After some few seconds, she responds by placing her hands on Sinb's back, exchanging their hugs and leaning her chin on her shoulders.

 

Yuju: "You know what I'm most afraid of Sinb? I was afraid of losing someone I love. And I'm afraid of doing it, I'm afraid of loving someone, I'm afraid of losing you"

 

She then leans her ears on Sinb's chest hearing her heartbeat. She tightens her hug as if she was really afraid that Sinb might have pull away like losing her already.

 

Sinb: "Don't worry too much in the future. You don't have to be afraid, I will always be on your side. It's a promise and I want you to hold onto it"

 

She can feel Yuju's nod on her chest and she just let the time passed by around them. The cold winds have fade away, and even the little gap between them have melt like the spring snow. 

 

Sinb: "Just like this, just like today. I wanted to be with her, forever. She's my girlfriend, and I will hold onto my promise like how she hold onto it"

 

While having that time as one of the precious moment to be remembered, a black van that was secretly following them earlier. The van that keeps following Yuju these past few days, finally stopped in front of them.

 

The door opens and the next scenes was so fast. So fast that they both never thought that things would be fast on them and everything will change starting that day.

 


Author's Note:

The bold letters above is actually Rain in the Spring time (Random lyrics from Gfriend). I just can't let that melody get off of my head. Good that it suits this chapter ^_^

- #2

​​​​​​