Just for you

Secret Love Song

*In Mr. Hwang's office

​​​​

"Name: Kim So Jung, 17 years old; Currently attending: SOPA High; Mother: Kim SooYoung (deceased) ; Father: Officer Kim Hyun Young; Step sister: Kim Ye Won; From her father's second wife: Seo Joo Hyun..." 

 

Mr. Hwang: "So this kid has been one of my daughter's friend?" He asks on a phone call after reading the papers sent to him.

 

"Yes Mr. Hwang, they went in the same school, another thing is that kid named Choi Yuna used to live on Kim's residence."

 

Mr. Hwang: "I see... so until now they're trying to help Yuna."

 

"Should I make her stop now?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "No, not yet. Just follow that Kim So Jung for now and find out the other people with her, I'm sure those people are..."

 

He didn't get to continue his words when he heard a loud thud from the door outside.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Excuse me for a while" He excuses himself before dropping the phone call, just then he heard another loud thud which irritates him now.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Who is it?" He asked then the door suddenly went wide open. The door even bounces back because of the force used to open it.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Sinb? Did you just cause that noise? What are you doing here?"

 

Sinb didn't mind his question and she just continues her way towards him until she stopped in front of his table.

 

Standing on that distance with a fierce look on her eyes.

 

Mr. Hwang: "What's with that eyes Hwang Eun Bi? Is there something you need?"

 

Sinb: "Where is my Mom?" She asks without hesitation and with that question, Mr. Hwang let a deep sigh as his eyes moves left and right before he answer.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Your mom left us and it's already ten years, why are you bringing up that thing here again?"

 

Sinb: "Are you sure she left us? Or there was something more than that?"

 

All guilt was painted all over his face. He probably knows that right now, his daughter might have found out something.

 

Mr. Hwang: "If you're just going to talk about nonsense things, just get out of my office now, I'm busy" He sat back on his seat and started to lift some files trying to make himself looks busy.

 

Sinb: "You treat this nonsense? Seeing on how you ignore my questions, it seems like you're hiding something....DAD"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Shut up Hwang Eun Bi!" He suddenly slammed the table but he was immediately taken aback with his actions

 

Mr. Hwang: "I..I'm sorry, I'm just busy right now. That was already ten years ago Sinb-ah, she left us and you should just forget about her" He explained.

 

"She was killed together with my Dad..." Sinb secretly tightens her fist after remembering Yuju's words.

 

Sinb: "I just really hope that you have nothing to do why I haven't seen her until now. Cause if you did, I don't know if I can even thought of you as a my own father anymore"

 

After saying those words, she left without waiting for her father's response.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Sinb-ah, I'm doing this for you. Trust me" He said while looking at his daughter walking away from him to the door way.

 

*At the park

 

Though the spring weather gives enough warmth during daytime, the night was still a bit chilly. But for Sowon, the sensation she felt was just perfect for staying on a particular playground she usually goes every night since she went back to Korea.

 

Sowon: "Everything will be fine... Everything will be fine... Everything will be fine"

 

Repeating those words for almost 5 minutes as she lets the swing moves her back and forth 

 

"What makes me felt so afraid right now...I can't be like this" She thought while her eyes were glued on the moon and stars above and she crashes her feet to the ground, stopping the motion from the swing

 

The thing is when she had her first encounter with a bullet on her arms, she suddenly thought about her own life. She never get to treasure a lot of memories, not at least good ones. 

 

Sowon: "I'm not going to die...right mom?" She tries to convince herself while covering the scar from her arm.

 

She knows how much risk they are taking now. And knowing that this case includes killing, she always thought about the possibilities that may come.

 

She might look strong enough but every night she was alone, her weakness and fears always came followed by her own tears.

 

She closes her eyes and crouches down on her lap. Without seeing anything and just hearing the silence of the night. 

 

But that silence doesn't lived long in her ears when she suddenly hear a voice coming from beside her.

 

"Gwaenchanhayo~ geuman haeyoI"
(It’s alright, you can stop)

"Hal mankeum da haessjanhayo"
(you did everything you could)

"Gwaenchanhayo~ geumanhamyeon"
(It’s alright, you can just let it go now)

"Pyeonhage naeryeonwayo Saramdeul sogeseo"
(Because you’re so awkward around people)

"Eosaekhan nae moseubi meosjjeogeojyeoseo"
(You toss and turn around all night)

"Bamsae dwicheogimyeo jisaeyo Honja neomu aesseuji mayo"
(But please don’t try so hard by yourself)

-Gonna Be Alright (From Orange marmalade OST)

 

She slowly lifts up her head after hearing that song from an unexpected person.  

 

Sowon: "Eunha?" She asks once she saw the person who just occupies the empty swing beside her.

 

Eunha: "What happened to Kim So Jung who always made fun of me huh? Did you just cry?" She asks after noticing Sowon's eyes which seemed like have been soaked with tears because of it's redness same as her nose.

 

Sowon: "Yah~ I'm not on a right mood tonight, what brings you here?"

 

Eunha: "I... I came to see you"

 

Hearing that Eunha came to see her, Sowon felt that all the heaviness she felt in her heart slightly turns into lighter.

 

Sowon: "To see me? How did you know that I'm here?"

 

Eunha: "I just felt like you would come here. And knowing that you're not attending your class for almost a week now"

 

Sowon: "So you wanted to see me just to get me scolded?"

 

Eunha: "Aniyo... I just really want to thank you, for saving me that night"

 

Sowon blinks a couple of times and was a bit of confused. Not because she didn't know what Eunha is talking about but because, she's curious how did Eunha found out what happened that night

 

Sowon: "When did I save you?" 

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah, you think I forgot about it? It's a shame that I didn't get to thank you earlier. I felt bad about it"

 

Though Sowon felt like she wanted to smile in front of her, she tries to avoid a contact on Eunha's eyes and she shifts her head on the other direction.

 

But Eunha suddenly moves and stood in front of her, She reaches her hands on Sowon's face and she cupped it on her cheeks.

 

Sowon: "Wh..what are you doing?" She asks but her eyes is still uncomfortable to look directly on Eunha's eyes.

 

She tries to hide her blushing face but her fluttering heart isn't doing well for pumping a lot of blood that makes her whole face looks obviously red

 

Eunha: "Look at my eyes Sojung-ah"

 

"So Jung? Did she just called me like what I wanted her to call me?" She thought before finally looking directly on Eunha's eyes.

 

Sowon: "What is it?" She asks once again.

 

Eunha: "If you have some worries, or just something that you need someone to talk with. You can always look for me, you understand?"

 

Sowon: "What if I don't want to?"

 

Eunha: "Then don't! Why are you so choosy!" She made a frowning face before she turn her back from Sowon, crossing her arms below her chest.

 

That was when Sowon stood up behind Eunha and she pulled her arms to face her before she wrapped her arms around the smaller girl's body.

 

Sowon: "I just felt like this hug would do" And then she rest her chin on Eunha's shoulder.

 

While Eunha was there standing frozen. After a while, she placed her hands on Sowon's back.

 

Eunha: "Its okay, you can pour out all your worries if you want to"

 

Sowon: "I just need you right now" She then pulled away to look on Eunha's face that she always wanted to see.

 

Sowon: "Eunha, you remember what I said before? What if I really like you, would you still came to see me?"

 

Eunha: "Why won't I? You saved my life once. You're even the only person who appreciates everything about me. I can't lose a friend like you"

 

Sowon: "A friend like me?"

 

Eunha: "I mean... you're someone who isn't that hard to like. If I just didn't..."

 

Sowon: "Liked Yerin?" She cut off Eunha's words and continues what she thought Eunha would say.

 

Eunha: "What! What are you talking about? Ofcourse not!"

 

Sowon: "You can't deny it, I can see it all over your face"

 

Eunha: "I told you I didn't!"

 

Sowon: "Okay, If that's what you say so. I just want you to know how I feel, I think I felt better now"

 

But then she earns a hit at the back of her head.

 

Eunha: "You say such thing just to make yourself feel better? Do you even care what would I feel about it?"

 

Sowon: "You would feel better too when you found out what's in here and express it freely" She places her index finger on Eunha's heart. 

 

Sowon: "Just like what you did earlier, I hope you can express how you loved singing more, didn't you feel better when you did?"

 

Eunha: "Did I?"

 

That was when Eunha realizes that Sowon was right. Though singing is a dream that she knows she can never pursue, having at least one person who supports you to express it makes it feel better.

 

Eunha: "You must be lucky" 

 

Sowon: "Wae?"

 

Eunha: "That was the time I sang for someone else, and I did it Just for you."

 

Sowon: "You must be luckier, that was the first time I fall in love with someone else and I did it Just for you"

 

For Eunha, things might be so fast. "Is this a confession? Or she was just fooling around?" That was the question that was running in her mind when Sowon says those words.

 

She was waiting for Sowon to laugh in front of her like what she did before but she didn't. Instead, she was just looking directly on Eunha's eyes and her own eyes tells how sincere her words are. "Is she really serious?" Eunha thought

 

For Sowon, she also thought it might be too fast and unexpected. But thinking of the situation, she just felt that night that it is better to say those words now before time won't allow her to do it anymore. 

 

That was a complete silence between the two, when Sowon' phone breaks it after they heard her too loud ringtone.

 

Sowon: "Excuse me, I have to answer this call" She said and Eunha nods before she distanced herself.