Breaking Eunbis Heart

Secret Love Song

Earlier that day...

 

"Yerin-unnie blames herself for Heechul oppa's death. Because of it, she can't even visit him on his death anniversary. 

Instead, she locks herself on her room or run away from home then go back after three days.That's why I always visit her to make sure she won't do crazy things. She might look fine but she was really troubled. 

She can't express herself well that's why sometimes she's too sensitive and unreasonable. Like what happened between her and Sowon" 

 

Sinb explained, and that was the reason why Yuju came to visit Yerin that night.

 

It is now Sinb's 2nd bottle of Soju. She's drinking alone at the sidewalk tent with the food that Yuju makes her eat before as a snack.

 

Sinb: "Why does it taste better? That witch must've really put something in here before"

 

She said while analyzing the remaining food she have before drinking the remaining drop of soju.

 

Just then she felt a hard slap at the back of her head which makes her head fall down on the table. 

 

Sinb: "Yah! What's your problem!"  She said as she looked on the person behind her.

 

Eunha: "Drinking alone here?" She asks while taking a sit in front of Sinb.

 

Sinb: "Do you really have to hit me that hard!" She said while rubbing the back of her head.

 

Eunha: "You deserve it, why are you here?"

 

Sinb: "Nothing...then what brings you here? Wanna join me?"

 

Eunha: "I just saw you, does it taste good?"

 

Sinb: "Mmmm...good to forget all the pain, I think. Try it" She offers a glass of soju

 

Eunha: "Fool, not that one. I mean that food you're eating, how does it taste?"

 

Sinb: "Ahhh....this? Bitter sweet? I hope my stomach will be fine tomorrow"

 

Eunha: "By the way, why are you drinking alone? Any problem?"

 

Sinb: "I don't know, but why do I feel like this?"

 

Her words became more serious when she started to open up.

 

Sinb: "I can't understand myself these days. When I see that person happy, I feel happy. When that person is in pain, I feel in pain too. And when I see that person with someone else, I feel..."

 

Eunha: "Jealous?" She said before Sinb even continue what she is saying.

 

Sinb: "What are you talking about?"

 

Eunha: "You're getting jealous when you saw the person who makes you happy and sad were with someone else right?"

 

Sinb: "W-Why would I feel jealous?"

 

Eunha: "Just because you like that person..." Then she takes the bottle of Soju from Sinb's hand and drinks it right away.

 

Sinb: "Yah! That's mine" She said and she takes the Soju away from Eunha.

 

Sinb: "And I didn't like that person that's why I'm not jealous" She added.

 

Eunha: "Are you sure? Then why are you here thinking about it?"

 

Sinb: "Hey! are you a ghost or do you have a lot of experience? how would you know such things?"

 

Eunha: "I never liked someone...but that was before I met her and I felt like that"

 

Sinb: "Met her? Who? who is it?"

 

Eunha' eyes widened when didn't realize she almost told Sinb what she really felt for Yerin. She don't know what to say anymore when they suddenly heard a phone ringing.

 

Eunha: "It's mine, excuse me"

 

"Mannerless kid" She saw as she turn on her phone, the name she saved for Yerin.

 

She didn't want to answer the call but she still did.

 

Eunha: "What is it?" She asks

 

Yerin: "Yah! You're an hour late now, do you have a plan to come here? I have a lot of homeworks to do"

 

Eunha: "Then do it yourself, it's your homework right?" She said and she drops the call without waiting for Yerin's answer

 

Yerin: "What's her problem? Who's the mannerless kid now?" She asks herself and she call Eunha several times but she didn't answer anymore.

 

*The next day

 

Sinb came to their classroom 15 minutes late, she didn't mind to look at Yuju or even bother to talk to her during the class period. The time passes by, normally Sinb would always tease Yuju and they'll have fun teasing each other. But that day is too peaceful until the bell rings for their lunch break.

 

Yuju tries to look on Sinb to invite her for lunch but the girl already lie her head on the table to get a sleep which she usually do before.

 

Yuju: "Why is she so quiet?" she asks herself

 

Just then Eunha approaches Sinb and taps her arm.

 

Eunha: "Sinb-yah, are you fine?" She asks and Sinb gradually lift her head to look at her.

 

Sinb: "Why? do you need something?"

 

Eunha: "Come with me"

 

Sinb: "Where?" She asks

 

Eunha: "Just come with me" She said and she wrap her arms around Sinb's arm as she drag her out of the class room.

 

Yuju: "What's with those two?" She asks herself while looking at them going out.

 

Out of curiosity, she tries to find the two around the school campus. They're not at the canteen or at the rooftop and even at the gym, not even the playground.

 

Yuju: "Why am I doing this. So what if they hang out together? It's not my concern anymore"

 

She finally realize that she's acting weird. She felt exhausted but there's no signs of sweat since it's too cold so she decided to go to the cafeteria. While walking nearer, she saw a familiar figure on that distance. And there she saw the two people she's been finding all the time, seated right next to each other and laughing with each other.

 

Yuju: "It isn't a place for me either" She said and she decided to just take the restroom for now.

 

After washing and drying her hands, she take a look at the mirror to fix her hair, particularly her bangs. When she is about to get out, the door went open before she even reach the knob. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb..."

 

She said when she saw her came in, but the girl just passes her by and didn't even look at her.

 

Yuju: "Yah- Sinb-ah?" She call her to get her attention.

 

Sinb stopped for a moment and turn around to face her.

 

Yuju: "Why are you acting like this?"

 

Sinb: "Don't mind me, it's nothing?"

 

Yuju: "Are you sure? or did I do something wrong?" She asks

 

Sinb: "I told you it's nothing" She replies and turn around

 

Yuju: 'Nothing? But why does it seems like you're you trying to avoid me?"

 

Sinb: "I said nothing!" She almost shouted

 

Yuju: "Yah... then why are you so mad? I'm just asking you nicely"

 

SInb: "Then why are you so stubborn? I already told you it's nothing"

 

Yuju: "Nothing? and it's making you mad like this?"

 

Sinb: "Mad? Aaaaah yeah." She said while nodding "It's making me mad. Ofcourse it will, how could I not be mad if I can't even understand this feeling? Why do you keep creeping up in my mind? Why do I have to care about you? Why do I have to think of you? I don't even know if I like..."

 

She stopped from there when she realize she's going too far and Yuju's eyes blinks several times while her face turns red. She was shooked, but she can't clearly understand Sinb that time and she keeps ignoring the thoughts coming on her mind.

 

"What am I saying..." Sinb thought

 

They both didn't say anything after that other than staring with each other and standing there awkwardly. Because of the awkward atmosphere, Sinb immediately went out running through the corridors, leaving Yuju still frozen on her place.

 

Sinb: "Yah...Sinb-ah, this is really crazy. do you really like her?" Asking herself while slapping her cheeks left and right.

 

After a day in school, Yerin finally went to visit her brother's grave together with Yuju as she promised the night before.

 

Yerin: "Thanks Yuju-ah, without you I think I can't still stand my feet here. Oppa must be happy right?"

 

Yuju: "Ofcourse he is. So don't blame yourself anymore okay?"

 

Yerin: "I think I can't, it's still my fault"

 

Yuju: "Yerin-ah, you shouldn't think like that. He saves you because he loves you, you should live better and not waste his life for saving you. If you really feel it's your fault, then you should try to forgive yourself. Find that forgiveness in your heart"

 

Yerin just smiles at her.

 

Yerin: "Should we go now? how about the person you wanted to visit? I also promised to go with you"

 

Yerin drives the car to a place which she still didn't know where they are heading and Yuju was beside her telling the directions.

 

As soon as they reach their destination and they went off the car, Yerin started to asks a lot of questions.

 

Yerin: "Why are we here?"

 

Yuju: "Be quiet, just follow me"

 

She said but they are too slow. I mean Yuju is too slow, full of worries if she's ready to show up or just go back while walking at the corridors on a mausoleum full of cremated urns.

 

" Why do you keep creeping up in my mind? Why do I have to care about you? Why do I have to think of you? I don't even know if I like..."

 

Yuju shook her head, when those words suddenly pop out on her mind. "I shouldn't be thinking of that in this place. just forget it Yuju-ah, forget it for a while" She said into her mind.

 

Yerin was just following her from behind silently, but then she asks again.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah the person you wanted to visit? Is it probably your Dad?

 

Yuju: "It's not him" She replies

 

Yerin: "Then who?"

 

Yuju stopped from walking and she turn to her right side.

 

Yuju: "We're here" She pointed out the cabinet of a particular urn with a name written on it.

 

Yerin takes a look closer, reading the name written.

 

Yerin: "Jes-sica? Jessica, April 18 1979 - June 30, 2006. Who is it?" She curiously asks 

 

Yuju: "She's.... My mom." She answered