Frienemies

Secret Love Song

Sowon is driving her car slowly as she reach Yerin's neighborhood. She looks around to check where Yerin used to live. 

 

Just then she found Yerin walking on the sidewalk holding a plastic bag that have some snacks she bought.

 

Sowon holds the steering wheel tightly as she parked her car and she pick Umji's phone from the dashboard as she gets off the car.

 

She blocked the path where Yerin is heading to with a closed fist and strong gaze in her eyes. 

 

Yerin stopped from walking when she saw the image of a girl she is about to cross on the road.

 

In her surprise, Sowon suddenly walks fast towards her and she suddenly grabbed her shirt colar and she pushes her to the wall.

 

Sowon: "You...so you still have a time for snacks while we are dying to know the truth?"

 

She said and Yerin was left confused. She removes Sowon's hands from her and she pushes her away.

 

Yerin: "What's your problem you b*tch!"

 

Sowon: "Call me whatever you want, but first let me do this!" 

 

She said and she suddenly threw a punch on Yerin's face that makes her step backwards because of the impact. 

 

Yerin was really confused of Sowon's actions but she doesn't care as long as she can take her revenge. She then also lands a punch on Sowon's cheeks.

 

Yerin: "I'm really trying to act nice these days, but if you insist a fight, then I'll give it a go!"

 

She said and she threw another punch on Sowon's face but the latter was able to Dodge it. Sowon then held Yerin's arms and kneed her stomach. Yerin crouches because of the pain but she still gets some strength to land her fist on Sowon's face and then her stomach.

 

Sowon: "Stop acting tough when you're actually a coward!" 

 

She shouted and she kicks Yerin's leg then she kneed her stomach again. Yerin wanted to fight back but after hearing the word "coward" she felt a sting on her heart that makes her weak.

 

When Sowon threw another punch on her face, she saw it and she can just dodge it but she just let it land on her face making her fall on the ground and her nose bleed

 

Sowon then found this opportunity to hit her more. She sat in between Yerin's body and she held her color upward as she hits her face left and right. 

 

Sowon: "You! Damn, because of you that ten year old case has never been solved!"

 

She shouted in her face and lands another punch on Yerin's cheeks.

 

Yerin finally thought of it, the reason why Sowon is acting like this is because of the thing she knows and she hide for ten years but she wonders why is Sowon so mad about it when it has nothing to do with her

 

Sowon continues a punch on Yerin's face. But when she realize Yerin isn't fighting back, she stopped herself from landing another punch that was already travelling in the air. 

 

Sowon: "A coward acting tough but is actually weak"

 

She said and she pushes Yerin's body lying on the ground before she leave the place with a blood forming on her lips and a few bruise on her face.

 

The next day, the homeroom teacher noticed how the face of Yerin and Sowon is ruined after their fight last night.

 

Yerin have a gauze near her left eye, and a bandaid on her right cheekbone. There was also a bruise located on the upper left of her lips.

 

Homeroom teacher: "Jung Yerin and Kim Sojung. I want to meet the two of you at the faculty after class, so better prepare with your alibi's.

 

Ofcourse no one knows what really happened, but seeing these two people in one room, with almost the same bruises on their faces. The answer to what happened is pretty obvious.

 

The two are now standing in front of the table of their homeroom teacher with their hands at the back but no one bothers to talk first while the teacher was just scanning the bruises on their faces.

 

Homeroom teacher: "I think you two already knew the reason why I asked you here right?"

 

The two took a glance on each other before their eyes focused back on the teacher in front of them.

 

"If it's because of our faces, I think you thought it wrong" They said in unision.

 

Homeroom teacher: "Wow, you both practiced well and almost in sync huh" She clapped her hands and the two find it weird.

 

Sowon: "I've got this after trying to interfere on a fight of my friends, I'm just trying to stop them" She reasoned out

 

Homeroom teacher: "Good for a first timer here So Jung ah...how about our best trouble maker here? Jung Yerin?"

 

Yerin: "I..."

 

She can't thought of any reasons since Sowon already said what's in her mind. Just then she remembers Eunha, it suddenly pops out to her mind, the night they shared together. She felt weird about thinking about it that time.

 

"What the hell am I thinking right now" She said in her mind

 

Homeroom teacher: "You can't think of anything?"

 

Yerin: "I...I got it from saving a friend from some guys who are trying to put a bad hands on her" 

 

She said with deep and hard feelings like it's actually true, which is actually what happened before to Eunha.

 

Homeroom teacher: "I almost believe in your words Jung Yerin, but then I'll tell you both this. This is the last warning since I've got no evidence.

You two are sometimes saw by some students having a fight at the canteen and not in good terms in your classroom. 

I'll keep an eye on the two of you, you have some nice reasons these day and I'm tired so you can leave now"

 

She said before she got seated on her chair and the two just obeyed and they leave the room.

 

But as soon as they open the door, they saw Eunha in front of them with some research papers on her hand. 

 

She was asked to bring those papers to the faculty but she was surprised to see Yerin and Sowon there, and more surprised because of the bruises on their face.

 

She just stares at the two and the two locked a stare on her too. she wanted to ask what happened but she can't open . 

 

She glances on Yerin and their eyes met, that was the first time their eyes met after that night. But suddenly, Yerin bumps Sowon's arms as she walks through beside her and she walks away through the long corridor.

 

Eunha is still frozen on her place while looking at Yerin. Just then she remember Sowon's existence in front of her.

 

Eunha: "You...did you two fight again? What happened?" She asks as she looks on Sowon's face.

 

Sowon: "It's something that you shouldn't bother to know" 

 

She said coldly, then Eunha pouts. Seeing Eunha's pout, and realizing she just acted cold at her, she get her words back.

 

Sowon: "I mean, you don't have to worry about it" She said and smiles awkwardly.

 

Eunha: "Yerin started it again right?" 

 

She asks but Sowon can't answer and just scratch the back of her head.

 

Eunha: "Wait for me here, and I'll just bring this papers in"

 

She said and before she enter the room, Sowon offers a helping hand on carrying the papers

 

Eunha: "No need, just stay there and don't bother to leave or hide" 

 

She said and Sowon seems to be afraid of her words, she stays standing on that corridor waiting for Eunha to come out.

 

Meanwhile, Yuju and Sinb walks downstairs together with a few inch gap between them. 

 

After class, Sinb would always walk Yuju near Umji's home where she is staying now but she didn't go exactly to her place since Umji might thought the other way. She's still not ready for her friends to know what's going on between her and Yuju.

 

Yuju: "You can go home first, I can now go to our home alone, I already memorized the streets" She said before they walks out of the school building

 

Sinb: "I won't believe you, then you'll call Sowon again to fetch you when you went the wrong way?"

 

Yuju: "Yah, it's just before and I've just got confused, but now I really can. Promise" She lift up her right hands making a promise sign with her palm.

 

Sinb: "Eyy...It still won't work on me. Besides what if your grandparents men came to take you when you're alone? We won't know what could happen any time"

 

Yuju: "I told you not to worry, I think It's better if I'm alone, so I can just run away and not looking back thinking of the person with me"

 

Sinb: "Oh? You're under estimating my speed? You are even too clumsy, you even trip and fall while running"

 

Yuju: "Aissshh...So you're the one who's underestimating me now?"

 

Sinb: "No, It's not like that...I just wanted to have a long walk with you" 

 

She then courageously reach for Yuju's hands that shuts her up from asking Sinb to let her walk alone. Yuju felt a skip on her heartbeat but she herself also liked how Sinb cares for her.

Yuju responds by filling the gap between their fingers and they intertwined their hands as they walks out of the building. Didn't even care of the eyes of other students around them.

 

Yuju: "Next time, clear your reasons if you just wanted to be with me like this so we can go to other places aside from bringing me only back home. 

 

She said and it makes both of their cheeks blushed, with a secret smile forming on their lips.

 

Yuju: "Besides, Sowon is always there looking after me, she won't let those people bring me back to that house" She added.

 

Sinb: "Always there looking for you?" 

 

She pouts and almost got jealous of the trust Yuju gave to Sowon, just then she saw Sowon from afar.

 

Sinb: "Are you sure she's always looking for you? Look at what she's doing right now" 

 

She pointed out where Sowon is, which is at the playground with her arms locked on Eunha's neck. They seemed so comfortable teasing each other.

 

Yuju: "Just let her be, at least I have you with me right now" 

 

She said that brings Sinb's smile back. Her heart flutters but she chose to refuse that wild feeling on her chest and just act cool.

 

Sinb: "Should we go now?" She asks and Yuju nods.

 

They both walks out of the gate walking down the streets without letting go of each other's hands.

 

Back to Eunha and Sowon

 

Eunha: "Yah! Take your arms away of me, I can't breath properly" She asks after Sowon locked her arms on Eunha's shoulders around her neck.

 

Sowon: "Cause you're too stubborn" She said and she finally let go of Eunha

 

Eunha: "Just tell me what happened to you and Yerin, I'm sure you two fight up again"

 

Sowon: "Tsk..just don't mind it. Wanna have some ice cream? My treat today"

 

Eunha pouts while Sowon found it cute and pretty

 

Eunha: "You think I'm a kid to shut my mouth with an icecream?"

 

Sowon: "Then what do you want me to do to shut your mouth? Don't tell me you want a kiss?"


Eunha: "Yah! That's not what I mean!" 

 

She slightly hits Sowon's arms. And they both laugh about it.

 

Just then she remembers Yerin and the happiness that was curved on her face suddenly fades away. She always remember her and that night. The kiss they shared that is still lingering whenever she saw her lips in front of the mirror.

 

Sowon noticed her silence after teasing her about the kiss.

 

Sowon: "Hey, I didn't mean what I said earlier" She guiltily said

 

Eunha: "Let's just have some ice cream then, I think it would be better" She said lifelessly and Sowon just follow her as they walks to the nearest ice cream shop.

 

Yerin: "I never knew she can move on to what happened that night so easy" She said while looking at Sowon and Eunha from afar.

 

Yerin: "Anyway, It's not like I care."

 

She said it like that but it seems like she was too affected. Just then she takes her phone as she dialled someone's number.

 

Eunha and Sowon are picking the flavors that will satisfy their tastes when Sowon's phone suddenly rings.

 

She took a look at the caller before she answer.

 

Sowon: "Why did you call me? I'm busy right now"

 

Yerin: "I know, I'm just going to remind you that we have to meet this night"

 

Sowon: "I know, you don't have to remind me. I'll hang up now"

 

She said and she didn't wait for Yerin's words then she hang up with her eyebrows crossed. Because she's ruining her moment with Eunha

 

*Flashback [the night where Sowon and Yerin got a fight]

 

Yerin who is still in pain runs in front of Sowon's car before she drive off, making the latter to get out of her car.

 

Sowon: "What's your problem! Get out of my way!"

 

Yerin: "Why do you care about that case?"

 

Sowon thought of the reason and it is about her mom. But it's not like she would tell.

 

Sowon: "You only hide it for ten years and you're asking me of my reasons. Why would I tell you?"

 

Yerin: "Because it seems like you want to solve it for hitting me like this, did Umji told you about it?"

 

Sowon: "I already knew about that case before, but we don't have any evidence. Good that Umji gave me this"

 

She lifts up Umji's phone where the recording is in.

 

Yerin: "It seems like my friend just betrayed me"

 

Sowon: "Yeah, it is. Cause blood is thicker than the water"

 

Yerin: "Well, I know she did it for the good so I'll let it slide. But please don't tell anyone about this"

 

Sowon: "You ran to me and blocked my way just to say hide it from anyone.. If you're just going to hide this case, then hide it  yourself and I'll solve it myself."

 

Yerin: "I'm not hiding it you dumb! I'm just protecting my friends who were also a victim!"

 

Sowon: "Then if you want to protect them, don't hide it! Even if I need your help right now to solve this, I have a lot of experience and I will do everything to solve this myself if you won't be any help"


Yerin: "I... I'm willing to help in this case"

 

She suddenly said and makes Sowon widened her eyes in disbelief.

 

Sowon: "You'll gonna help? This coward?"

 

Yerin: "Don't ever call me a coward! I'll tell you everything I know, just in one condition"

 

Sowon: "Well then, what condition is it?"

 

Yerin: "No one should know about this, just the two of us, please keep it away specially from Yuju and Sinb until we solved it"

 

Sowon: "Sinb? Why would you even mention her name?"

 

Yerin: "Don't ask me right now cause you almost killed me and I can't really speak well. I'll tell you what I know tomorrow, so let's meet here at exactly 8pm"

 

*End of flashback