First date can't be Last

Secret Love Song

With all the books that was filed up on her desk, Eunha scratches the back of her head after getting drowned with all the lessons she's trying to review.

 

Eunha: "My head hurts" She complains before she drops down her head on the table.

 

A few minutes later, she found herself playing with the table lamp in front of her, switching it on and off.

 

Eunha: "I hope she's doing the same...she can't just waste all the time we spent together. She must pass the final exam at all cost" She said eagerly.

 

Their final exam is approaching and all Yerin have to do is to pass it, or else Eunha won't be able to see her again on their neighborhood. And that's what makes Eunha stressed that night.

 

Not because of the things she have to review but because of her thoughts on Yerin.

 

Eunha: "Should I leave a message? Or make a call? What if she isn't studying? What if...." 

 

She held her phone and locates Yerin's number. Few words are already typed but she keeps on hitting the backspace key just right before she send it.

 

"Yerin-ah, don't forget to study this night. Our exam is tomorrow, you should do well." 

 

"Jung Yerin! Don't be a lazy kid, don't waste my efforts of teaching you all those nights!"

 

"You liked chocolate right? Let me give you a tip, chocolates are really helpful to boost up your brain cells, want me to buy some before our examination day?" 

 

Eunha: "This isn't right" That was when she felt like she's being paranoid and there she thew her phone on her bed. Forgetting about her plan on leaving a message.

 

Eunha: "So what if she isn't studying? It's her life after all" Convincing herself that she didn't care after all the thinking.

 

She now places herself in silence, trying to calm her troubled mind. She lets out a deep sigh.

 

Ding...Dong..

 

Just then she heard the doorbell ringing. She takes a look at the clock. "10:00 P.M."

 

Eunha: "Who is it... at this time?" She mutter before she gets out of her room to check who just came to visit their home.

 

She personally open the gate, and once she saw the person behind it.

 

Eunha: "So..won? Sowon-ah, what brings you here?" 

 

Sowon: "Ahh...I just feel like seeing you" She reasoned out while standing in front of the gate like a fool and shivering from cold.

 

Eunha: "Did you stay here too long? You can come in, let's go" She pulled Sowon's hands to come with her but Sowon didn't move an inch.

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah, is there a problem?" She tries to convince her to come in but Sowon doesn't really have a plan of coming in.

 

Sowon: "Nothing, but I have a favor to ask" She asks on a serious tone.

 

Eunha: "A favor? What is it?" 

 

Sowon: "Can we....go out tonight?" She gathered all her courage to ask even though she knows that the time is a bit late now.

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah, I can go out with you if you want to, but can't it be on a daytime? Or at least not this late?"

 

Sowon: "Actually, it's fine for me. But I was just afraid that there won't be more time to do it, why won't we do it now while we still have time?"

 

Eunha: "Are you... probably going somewhere else? You're gonna leave that's why you're doing this aren't you?" She pouts while asking.

 

Sowon: "What are you saying? Ofcourse I'm not. But I hate the feeling of regrets so I'm doing this"

 

Eunha can see the sincerity on Sowon's eyes. And because of it, she find it easy to give chance to her request. 

 

Sowon chose to wait for Eunha at the car when she ask to gave her a couple of minutes to change her clothes. She can't go out wearing pajamas at all.

 

Pairing up with Sowon's black shirt with white linings on it, Eunha checks herself again in front of the mirror. Adding some red tint on her lips too. 

 

Eunha: "So pretty" Shamelessly praising herself before she walks out of her room.

 

On their way to a place that Eunha is still uninformed.

 

Sowon: "Did you put a make-up on?" She curiously asks but she sounded like teasing.

 

Eunha: "Am I not allowed? I should look pretty too" She pouts cutely.

 

Sowon smiled while looking at her face, taking all the time she can to see her this close. To see her smile, her nose, her lips, and her eyes.

 

Eunha: "Why?" She asks when she noticed how Sowon keeps an eye on her.

 

Sowon: "In my eyes, you're the prettiest even without wearing a make-up at all. I just liked you the way you are"

 

After saying those words, they hear no more replies and was just staring on each other's eyes. Without them noticing the distance between their faces that was getting closer.

 

Eunha: "Hey! Keep your eyes on the road!"

 

She taps Sowon's arms to make her focus back to the road as the traffic light turns red making Sowon immediately step on the brakes where their body almost fly out from their seats.

 

Sowon: "Sorry..." She apologized.

 

Eunha: "I'm fine, just focus yourself on the road first. I saw you drived your car so fast before like there's a thunderbolt that passes by in front of me, you should take care of driving more."

 

Sowon: "I will, as you wish" She raises her right hand making a promise sign"

 

When they arrived to their destination, Eunha jumps in excitement. Sowon takes a look at her with a smile on her face, she knew Eunha would like a place like that.

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah, what are waiting? Let's go inside now!" She wraps her hands on Sowon's arms, dragging her excitedly inside the Planetarium.

 

Trying all the artificial space rides and the most famous 0 gravity room which makes them hold on each other's hands and not letting go as their body float in the air like they can't control it well.

 

And for the finale, they went to the highest platform. The ceiling of the dome started to create an opening to show the bold view of the night sky.

 

The moon was there, and there are lots of stars. You can see the constellations closer and Eunha can even name it one by one while Sowon was just listening.

 

It is exactly 12:00 a.m. when Eunha felt sleepy and she unknowingly lies her head on Sowon's arms.

 

Sowon: "Wanna go home now?" She asks when she heard Eunha's yawn where she also felt her warm breath

 

Eunha: "Not yet" She replies on a lower voice.

 

Sowon: "Pardon?"

 

Eunha: "I said let's stay like this for a moment" She didn't move from that position and Sowon just let her be.

 

Eunha: "Kim So Jung, thank you for everything. For making me special in every way it could be" And there she tilts her head to look on Sowon's face.

 

Sowon: "That was because I love you." Those words just came out of without thinking of the topic, she just wanted to let it out.

 

Eunha: "I know, you did a good job for making me feel it" She's serious when she said that.

 

Sowon: "Then why can't we be together?"

 

Eunha: "Did you ever ask me?" That's right, Sowon just confessed her feelings but she never asks if Eunha is willing to accept her.

 

Because of that, Sowon suddenly felt a skip on her heartbeat. 

 

Sowon: "Does it mean...?" She can't continue her words but it's already obvious that she's asking if Eunha could be her girlfriend now.

 

Eunha: "I don't know, I'm still unsure of my feelings. But I do like you....you always take care of me, you always cheer me up, you're always here for me, I can't find a reason for me not to like you"

 

Sowon: "How about Yerin?" She finally asks

 

Eunha: "Yerin...She was...I..." She's stuttering, can't find the right words to tell her feelings about her.

 

Sowon: "It's okay. I don't care about her. It's fine for me if you can't, all I want is for you to know my feelings. That's all"

 

She was trying be her best to explain herself when Eunha suddenly leans closer to her face and planted a kiss on her cheeks.

 

She felt like shrinking on her seat when her face started to get red, including her ears. She was stunned for a moment and she didn't know what to do, just looking at the girl in front of her.

 

Eunha: "Let's go now,I suddenly felt sleepy. You're too boring" She said before she gets up, walking away on a fast pace. Trying to hide her face out of embarrassment.

 

In Mr. Hwang's room

 

Sinb: "Dad, may I talk to you for a minute?" She asks, standing in front of the table.

 

Mr. Hwang: "About what? Go ahead" He said without taking a glance on his daughter and just continuing his work on his laptop.

 

Sinb: "Can you put that work aside for a moment and spare a time for me?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "If you have something to say, just say it now, I still have a lot of work to do. Just how important it is?" Still not looking at his daughter

 

Sinb: "It is more important than all of those sh*ts you're doing!" She shouted in front of him, she can't just handle on how her father doesn't even bother to look at her when she have an important issue to discuss with him.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Hwang Eun Bi! How dare you shout at me!" He stood up from his seat "I'm doing all these works for you, and you keep asking me to stop just because there is that nonsense important thing you should ask?"

 

Sinb: "You call it nonsense again? Then take a look at this" She drops off all the files on the table, the documents that Umji gave her before.

 

Mr. Hwang doesn't really care until he saw those documents. About his wife, Jessica and his daughter. He slowly pick it up from his table.

 

Mr. Hwang: "How did you..."

 

Sinb: "I know everything Dad... everything you did. I might not be as good as those daughters out there and you're not that kind of Dad that every kids wished for. But I do respect you, as a father, as my Dad. Surrender yourself now, there's no way to go."

 

Mr. Hwang: "What are you talking about Hwang Eun bi?" He asks like an innocent person. But his eyes tells everything, too guilty with that look.

 

Sinb: "There's no need to explain, you know what you did. And as a daughter, I'm hoping you would do what's right for the last time, surrender yourself...Dad"

 

Those are the last words she said before she left the room where her father was left in shock.

 

Mr. Hwang took a deep breath, his mind is on it's craziest state and he don't know how to react with the words that came out from her daughter's mouth.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Surrender?" He thought of those words again.

 

He was frozen for a minute while sitting on his chair and spinning it slowly.

 

Mr. Hwang: "That was the thing that I will never do" He said and he reaches for his phone. Contacting again his most trusted man, Mr. Park.

 

Mr. Park: "I have something to do again about that case right?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "That's right, my daughter found out everything. I want you to make them stop, i never thought they would do it to this extent. I never really wanted to hurt those kids but they are getting too much."

 

Mr. Park: "Then whom should I go first?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Sooyoung's daughter...Kim So Jung. I'm sure she's the one who told my daughter about this. Shut now before everything gets worse, but don't use guns. Make it happen like an accident"

 

After the call, Mr. Hwang decided to leave a message to Sowon, using a spam account.

 

"Using someone to make me lose this game? Now let me show you how it ends"

 

Sowon clenches her fist as she read those words. The email was clean and names aren't involved, but she was sure that Sinb already asked her father to surrender. But at this moment, seeing how eager Mr. Hwang is still willing to win and not to surrender, she decided to continue with the first plan.

 

Sowon: "Yerin, just to inform you. We will send police officers on Mr. Hwang's house as soon as the sun rises, bring all the evidences here. Get it?"

 

Yerin: "I'm trying to review all my notes for the final exam tomorrow, why so sudden? I thought we cancelled it for Sinb?"

 

Sowon: "Well I changed my mind just now, I'm sure we can't just trust Mr. Hwang"

 

Later on...

 

Mr. Park: "When that car reaches a speed of 50 kmph and on a highway road, the breaks will lose and it's a game over for her." He reported through a phone call.

​​​​​​