Sisters' Love

Secret Love Song

Starting that day, Eunha keeps a distance with Yerin, whenever they saw each other in school they will just passed by and never bother to look back. Yerin also started to distance herself from anyone and more of like staying alone on a place no one can find or bother to talk to her including Sinb and Umji.

 

While Yuju and Sinb kept the thing they might have, they are not yet together but their feelings for each other keeps growing each day.

 

Yuju also started to live with Umji and Sowon. At first Umji was really confused of why would they let Yuju stay on their house, but later on she understands why.

 

Umji and Yuju shares the same room. Although Umji isn't used to it, she's happy and glad to have someone shared a room with her. Before they go to bed, Umji will share a lot of stories and Yuju would just listen, sometimes they'll go to shopping and watch movies together, they also became eating buddies.

 

It's only been a week since Yuju is staying with them but Umji really likes to be with her. Cause for the first time, she felt like she've got a real sister through Yuju.

 

One night, they both went to go ice skating. That was also the first time that Yuju finally share some stories and not Umji alone. She just learn to be comfortable with her and treats her as a younger sister.

 

Umji: "So you and Sowon-unnie used to live together when you're younger? Now I understand why she let's you stay in our house"

 

Yuju: "Your Dad and Sowon has been so nice to me. I don't really know how to thank them"

 

Umji: "I never know my unnie could be that nice to someone else..." She felt bad that her own sister doesn't treat her the same way how she treats Yuju.

 

Umji: "But how did you ended up living with them?"

 

Yuju: "When my parents died, your Dad holds their case but he wasn't able to solve it. I think he felt really pity on me that time so he went to states with Sowon to take care of me when my grandparents sent me there. Actually her mom and my mom were used to be friends before, that's what your Dad told me and I think another reaason why he think he have some responsibility towards me"

 

Umji: "Ohh, I see. I'm sorry for what happened to your parents. But how come Sowon-unnie treats you that nice?"

 

Yuju: "Because just like me, she lost her mom in a same way."

 

Umji: "The same way?."

 

Yuju: "Same as my parents, her mom also died on a gunshot and a case that was left unsolved. She somehow suspected that my parents and her mom's death is connectedd but your Dad won't allow her to help on that case"

 

"That case must've been the murder scene that I heard on that pen recorder"

 

Umji suddenly felt guilty towards Yuju and her own sister, that she can't help them even though she knows something that can help to solve the case.

 

As Sowon get's back to their house, she looked for Yuju all around but she can't be found.

 

Sowon: "Where's Yuju? She isn't on their room?" She asks Umji's Mom who is currently cooking for their dinner

 

Umji's Mom: "I think she went to go ice skating with Umji"

 

Sowon:"Ice Skating? Where?"

 

Umji's Mom: "Near the forest"

 

After hearing where they are, Sowon rushes off to her car. She started the engine and drives as fast as she can to where Yuju and Umji is.

 

She then saw them having fun skating around the place that she used to hate to stand, she didn't let any time pass by and she went out of the car.

 

Sowon: "Yah! Umji yah!" Get in the car. Now!"

 

Umji was surprised with Sowon's loud voice and command, she didn't want to follow but she still did. She's still an older sister even though she hates it.

 

Yuju can feel the tension between those two at the car even if no one bothers to talk.

 

Sowon slams the car door. as soon as they gets off infront of their house.

 

Sowon: "How many times do I have to tell you not to skate on that kind of place!"

 

Umji: "Why are you so mad! You always do this. When I was happy around with my friends you always gets mad. Are you that jealous that you don't have that much friend as mine!"

 

Sowon: "You don't know anything Umji!"

 

Umji: "Right, I don't know anything. The only thing I know is that you hated me that much that all you can do is to burst out your anger at me. Then be like that forever, I'm not wishing to have a sister like you either"

 

She said angrily and she rushed to her room while crying and she was followed by Yuju.

 

Yuju: "Yah..Umji yah?" She pats Umji's back to stop her from crying.

 

Umji: "Why is she always like that to me? She never treats me well, does she really hate me that much?"

 

Yuju: "Umji-yah, don't think like that. I think she really care for you, believe me"

 

Umji: "How do you call that as a caring? Can't you see what she just do"

 

Yuju: "I see, and I based on what I saw and what she have done, I know that she really care for you"

 

Umji: "I can't understand you, why do you think she cares for me?"

 

Yuju: "Because. When I first met her in states, she's still healing from her injuries that time. She hated everyone, she only wanted to be alone."

 

Umji: "So? what does it have to do with us?"

 

Yuju: "She told me once that she used to be a figure ice skater, her competition was nearing and she practiced so hard for it. She skates around the rink that was formed through the river near the forest all day long.

But the ice rink started to form crack and she never noticed it until she slide on a weak surface and she fall to the icy water.

She almost died and she never knew it would be that dangerous. It's almost a week that she was in the hospital, and when she woke up, she found out that her mom get killed.

Her mom was living on states for her work and she came back to Korea when she found out what happened to Sowon, but then she got killed.

Since then she decided not to skate anymore.

I think she's really afraid for your safety that's why she's acting like that, she just didn't want to happen to you what have happened to her before. That way I think your sister really cares for you"

 

Sowon started to sob from tears after hearing Yuju's words. She was secretly listening to Yuju and Umji's conversation and she run away when they noticed her crying beside the door.

 

Yuju: "Sowon-ah!" She called her but she didn't mind to look back.

 

Yuju: "Umji, wait for me. I'll gonna go follow her"

 

Umji: "No, stay here. I'll be the one to follow her"

 

Umji then walks out of their house trying to find Sowon on the neighborhood. And there she saw her sitting on the stairs before the road.

 

Umji: "So you can cry too?" She asks while handing Sowon a handkerchief from behind.

 

Sowon: "Do you really feel that bad towards me? Well I don't need you here so go now"

 

She said while wiping out her tears. But Umji takes a sit beside her.

 

Umji: "I thought all you can do is to get angry and mad, I never knew a person like you can shed tears too"

 

Sowon: "I'm still a human being, and if you don't have something else to say, can you get out of my face? I don't need your sympathy"

 

Umji: "I didn't came here to console you, don't ever think like that. But I came here for one thing"

 

She said and she takes out her phone from her pocket then she handed it to Sowon.

 

Sowon: "What's with this?" She asks curiously as she takes it.

 

Umji: "Knock it to your head till it breaks or take a selfie while crying, It's a new trend this days so go try it"

 

With those words, Sowon almost throw her phone but Umji caught it on her hands right before she threw it.

 

Umji: "Yah! Are you really that crazy!"

 

Sowon: "I'm really sick of having a sister like you"

 

She said and she stands up leaving Umji, but ofcourse Umji follows her unnie from behind.

 

Umji: "Yah! Wait for me, I'm just joking earlier, but if it doesn't make sense then just try listening to this"

 

She insist to give her phone to Sowon again, but this time she is more serious.

 

Umji: "Do you think you're the only one who got a blood of a detective? I recorded this thing and I hope it will help to solve your mom's case."

 

The truth is while Yerin was listening to the pen recorder, Umji is also recording the sounds coming from it. Just like that, she got an instant copy.

 

Sowon: "Seriously? What's with this thing?"

 

Umji: "I promised someone that I won't disclose this to anyone. It is an audio record of a murder scene 10 years ago. That was the murder of Yuju's parents, the scenes aren't really that clear since you can only hear sounds but I hope it will help a bit, don't worry, Yuju didn't know about this"

 

Slowly, Sowon takes the phone Umji is trying to give her.

 

Sowon: "You...seriously? How about Dad? Does he already knew about this?"

 

Umji: "He doesn't know about this. Yuju told me that you suspected that your mom's death and her parent's death is somehow connected, so I'm entrusting you this"

 

Sowon: "I really wanted to solve this case but Dad won't really let me help. He only let me look for Yuju when we came back here"

 

Umji: "Another thing, can you keep it a secret to Dad and anyone?"

 

Sowon: "Are you crazy? Giving this to me and asking me to hide it from anyone? Do you think this case can be solved by just hiding it?"

 

Umji: "Please unnie, you can solve it silently right?"

 

Sowon: "I can hide this from Dad since he won't let me in this case, but I also need someone to help me with this. And you, how did you get this?" She curiously asks

 

Umji: "Actually...that was from Yerin unnie"

 

Sowon: "Yerin?"

 

Umji: "It's hard to explain, just listen to it first then go ask her if you want."

 

Sowon: "That coward...."

 

Just then Sowon rushed off, back to their house to get her car keys.

 


Author's note:

So guys, is it getting more complicated? Just tell me if you are getting confused hihi I'm afraid this story is a bit of confusing

- #2