Save Me

Secret Love Song

Sowon holds the steering wheel tighly trying to restrain herself from bursting out of anger. Her reason? That's just her almost natural emotion. Being angry at all times. Umji was just sitting silently beside her, but deep inside her is she's cursing her sister to death

 

The atmosphere inside the car is getting heavier. They are siblings but not that close, and more of it is they never treated each other as one.

 

Umji: "I didn't ask you to come and fetch me, then why did you?" She decided to break the silence with that question.

 

Sowon: "It's your Mom who ask, do you really think I'll be such a nice person to you?"

 

Umji: "But do you really have to shame me in front of my friends?"

 

Her tone of voice becomes different, higher than usual and it doesn't seems suitable in Sowon's ears.

 

Sowon: "Yah! Who's older here? Your Mom is freaking worried about you, and you're just having fun, and seriously? Ice Skating?"

 

Umji: "Wae? What's wrong with it? I already asked my Mom's permission so what's with those worries you are talking about?"

 

Sowon: "Shut up your mouth if you would only bring up nonsense things, I don't mind talking right now"

 

*Back to the four people who are left on the Ice skating ground

 

Yerin and Eunha just discovered that they live in the same neighborhood. It's just a walking distance from that place so they decided to go home together.

 

Yuju and Sinb walks together to the nearest bus stop. They stand closer to each other on a waiting shed because of the cold breeze of the wind with a few snowfall.

 

Sinb blows out the hot air from and Yuju's eyes follows the cloudlike smoke it creates. Then she found herself looking on the foodstall on the streetside.

 

Yuju: "Aren't you hungry?" She firmly asks that makes Sinb raise her eyebrow as she turn to face her.

 

Sinb: "You're asking me?" Is she concern about me? She says into her mind

 

Yuju: "I haven't eat dinner yet, how about you?"

 

Sinb: "Ah me? Same, I haven't. The last meal I had this day was lunch, Why?

 

Yuju: "Is that so? Then follow me"

 

She didn't wait for Sinb's answer and just cross the road ahead of them. Sinb has no other choice but to follow her. And after just a few steps.

 

Sinb: "Where are we going?" She asks

 

Yuju: "Here, let's eat while waiting for a bus"

 

She stated, and just in front of them is a foodstall. Yuju started to pick variety of street foods to eat using a stick (something used for barbeques) Then she takes a sip of the hot soup already served ahead of time. While making her choices, she realize that Sinb was just looking at her.

 

Yuju: "Huh? Why are you just standing there? Come here, don't expect me to serve for you"

 

She said and pull Sinb closer to her. But Sinb was just like a statue in front of her while her eyes seems wondering what kinds of foods is in front of her.

 

Yuju: "Hey, why? You're not going to eat?"

 

Sinb: "You call this a dinner? Are those things even cooked?"

 

Yuju was taken aback and suddenly shut Sinb's mouth by placing her hands on it. Then she whisper.

 

Yuju: "Seriously? Hwang Eunbi, stop talking like that in front of the owner"

 

Sinb: "Why! I'm just asking if the food is even cooked, and what if I get sick of eating those kind of food, Is it that wrong to ask?"

 

Her voice is too loud that the vendor just laugh about it.

 

Yuju: "Aishhh, I told you to stop! If you don't want to eat, then don't." She was just concerned about the vendor's feelings.

 

Vendor: "It must've been her first encounter with street foods" He said to Yuju.

 

Yuju: "Really?" She asked Sinb

 

Sinb: "Well, I didn't trust the foods here. What if I die of food poisoning?"

 

Yuju: "Pabo, spoiled brat. I told you to shut up your mouth"

 

The vendor smirks for hearing those two fighting.

 

Vendor: "Hey, young lady. Why don't you try this. It's free for you. Just try it, if you like it then I'll give you more but it's not free anymore."

 

He tries to pass the food to Sinb but she didn't accept it.

 

Sinb: "I don't want to"

 

Yuju: "Ah ahjussi, Can I just take that one?"

 

She asks and the vendor just kindly gave it to her. Then she put a special sauce on it

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, try this one. I put a sauce here, it would taste better."

 

She still encourage her to try. And she place the food near Sinb's mouth.

 

Yuju: "Open your mouth now" She glares at her.

 

Sinb didn't know the reason but she find herself weird for following her that time. She gradually opened up and as the food enters...

 

Yuju: "Now chew it" She said with an evil smile secretly forming on her face.

 

Just then...

 

Sinb: "Ahh! Too hot!" She said with full and blowing air because of the burning sensation in "Give me some water! Why is it too spicy!"

 

She complains, and her face started to get red. She felt too hot in her chest but there's no water that the vendor give and she saw the soup that Yuju just had earlier.

 

Since it doesn't looked like hot anymore, she takes a sip of it and rinse with the taste of it just to take away the spicy taste that was burning out .

 

Both Yuju and the vendor started to laugh off. Sinb must've trust her that much. Well she expects that it would be something like a sweet dream, but it turns out to be a nightmare.

 

Sinb: "So you're laughing right now?" She said after recovering from the spicy taste.

 

Yuju: "Laughing? Did I...just laugh?" She asked herself before staring on Sinb's eyes.

 

*About Eunha and Yerin

 

They reached their neighborhood for about 8 minutes of walking. While walking on the road covered with snow, they didn't talk that much since there is nothing to talk about and they're still not that close or comfortable with each other. But before they separate their ways.

 

Yerin: "So, you live over there?"

 

She stopped from walking when Eunha just turn on the right direction.

 

Eunha: "Mmmm" She nods.

 

Yerin: "Mine is over there" She looked on the other direction.

 

Eunha: "Really? Ah, I'm sorry I didn't realize. I was too busy thinking of going home"

 

Yerin: "It's okay, should I say bye now?"

 

Eunha: "I think so?" She pause for a moment before saying "Goodbye then"

 

After saying goodbye, they both turn away from each other and takes their own path.

 

But on Eunha's way home, two guys blocked her path. Her mind went blank when she felt a sudden fear. She stopped her feet from walking and just stay on that position when they started to walk towards her.

 

Eunha: "I-is there a problem?" Though her voice is shaky she courageously asks while the 2 guys stands behind and in front of her.

 

Guy#1: "How about, let's have some fun?" He whispher near her ears as he put his hands on her shoulder

 

She shrugged her shoulders to avoid those hands.

 

Eunha: "What do you think you're doing!?" She said in annoyance and she takes a few steps backwards, but she get bumped on the other guy that was just behind her.

 

Guy#2: "Don't be too scared, we won't hurt you" He said with a fake sweet voice and trying to put his hands on Eunha's cheeks.

 

But then...

 

Yerin: "Try to touch her once and you'll be the one who will get hurt" She grab his wrist to stop him.

 

The guy turn his attention at her, then he smirks.

 

Guy#2: "Oh? You wanna join us?" Then he pull Eunha closer to him, which made her startled.

 

Yerin: "Crazy punk!" She said and she grab his colar then she land a strong punch on his face.

 

Because of that action, the guy was able to let Eunha free and she run beside Yerin.

 

But it only makes the two more aggressive. They both run towards them but it's good that Yerin is strong enough. She hides Eunha behind her before she kicks the most sensitive part of the 1st guy and she was able to dodge the punch that the other guy tries to land on her face. Then she kicks him on his stomach, making him fall on the ground. It hurts for sure but for Yerin, it is not enough. She moves closer to him and punches his face left and right.

 

Eunha: "Yerin-ah!" Eunha was able to shout before the other guy covered and drags her with him.

 

Yerin: "Hey! Stop it!" She shouted and tries to catch them leaving the other one lying on the ground.

 

When she reach them, she makes the guy turn into her and she lands another punch on his face. But he was able to fight back and kick her in her stomach. She fall back and the guy walks near her. She wasn't able to stand up because of the pain.

 

Guy#2: "Now it's time for a sweet revenge" He said before sitting down.

 

But Eunha hits his head with a piece of wood.

 

Eunha: "You think I'm weak? I can fight too!" She proudly says, while pointing the piece of wood on the guy.

 

But it doesn't scare him at all. When Eunha tries to hit him again, he was able to catch that wood and throws it away.

 

Guy#2: "Why are you making it hard for me?" He placed his hands on Eunha's shoulder and pushed her against the wall.

 

Yerin: "Hey! You f**king !"

 

She calls his attention and when he turn around to face her, she hits him hard on his head with the piece of wood that he threw just near her. Because of it, he lose consciousness.

 

Yerin: "Eunha-yah? Did he hurt you?" She drops the wood and immediately came in front of Eunha who is covering , being shocked with what just happen in front of her.

 

Eunha: "Ah.. I-I-I'm fine, but I think I should be the one to ask it. Does it hurt too much?" She mean the kick on Yerin's stomach

 

Yerin: "It's nothing" She gives a reassuring smile "Let's go now before this punk woke up from hell"

 

But when they turn around

 

Guy#1: "You already forgot about me?"

 

He said then he swing the metal pole to hit Yerin's face, she tries to avoid it but unfortunately it lands on her temple. She felt dizziness that time then he tries to hit her again on her head but she was able to cover up using her arms. But the impact almost break her arm.

 

Eunha: "Yah! stop it! Let us go now!" She hold onto Yerin's arm trying to cover up for her but that the guy turns his attention on hitting her too.

 

He swings the metal pole again, but Yerin pulls Eunha closer to a protective hug and she positioned her arms to cover themselves from getting hit.

 

Just then, they heard a sound of a police patrol car. Coming to their location. It makes the guy startled and he drops the metal pole on the ground then he runs away.

 

Eunha expects that Yerin would run to catch him but she didn't let go of that protective hug, lying her chin on Eunha's shoulder.

 

Eunha: "Yerin-ah, the police officers are coming. It's done now" She said but Yerin didn't respond

 

Eunha: "Are you okay?"

 

She asks but she also notice that she felt heavier and Yerin isn't moving at all. And when she looked at her face, that's when she notice the traces of blood on her cheeks and near her ear from her temple where the guy hits her earlier. And she was lying unconsciously on her.