Stay Alive

Secret Love Song

"Sinb~~~ Please stay alive" Yuju continues whispering on her nervous heart.

 

She already knew that Sinb tries to escape based on the loud voice coming from Hyun-Suk and the gunshots she heard earlier. 

 

She was waiting hopeless, waiting for a miracle to be saved that will never come as she thought of.


 
"Ten years have passed and everything turned out the same."

 

"Happiness has come but that happiness was just temporary."

 

"Am I destined to live in loneliness and fears?"

 

"Am I destined to die alone with tears?"

 

She shuts her eyes closed together with her fists as she lower down her head.

 

"To this tragic fate, just give me one reason to live"

...

Minutes later, the hinges of the door slowly makes a cracking sound until the door went open. Yuju lifts up her head to check who just come and she saw a man standing in front of the door. 

 

She can't just recognize that man because of his shadows and the darkness of the room that was covering his face. But she was sure that man isn't her uncle, Hyun-Suk.

 

Her eyebrows form a frown after finding the man's action a bit of weird. She was staring for long on that man who never bother to move until she decided to ask.

 

Yuju: "Who are you?"

 

The man finally walks in, he left the door wide open as he makes his way to her until she recognize him.

 

Yuju: "M-Mr. Hwang?" She muttered.

 

Her heart skipped a bit after seeing a supposed to be dead person alive and standing in front of her. 

 

Yuju: "Wh-What are you doing here? Are you with them?" 

 

She asks but Mr. Hwang didn't respond until he makes his way just right in front of her wherein he kneels down on his right knee.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Want to know why I'm here?"

 

He asks with a blank face before his hands travels inside his side pocket, taking out a swiss army knife and pulling out one blade which he pointed in front of Yuju's face.

 

Yuju's body started to tremble when she saw Mr. Hwang's actions, she already knew what he'll do. Keeping an eye on his movements until she find it hard to breath because of nervousness.

 

Yuju: "Is he trying to kill me? Is this the end of everything? " She questioned in her mind.

 

Few seconds later, the silent scream of help in her heart gets louder when the sirens of police vehicles alarmed them including everyone inside the abandoned establishment. 

 

All the paid men inside went in panic and all decided to scatter around the floor while some of them found out their boss, Hyun-Suk who was sitting on the floor while massaging the lump on his forehead after getting hit earlier.  The disappointment on his face can't be hidden as he takes a look on his paid men.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Did I paid you all for nothing! Quickly find that Eunbi and check out for my niece!"

 

Sinb was walking downstairs on the third floor when she heard the sirens. She takes a peek outside through a broken window glass and there she saw two police vehicles. 

 

Four police officers went out of the first vehicle while Sowon, Yerin and Officer Kim who was Sowon and Umji's father gets off on the second car.

 

Sinb: "Sowon? Yerin unnie?" Her eyes glows with full of hopes when she saw her friends and at the same time she felt relieved.

 

She continues walking down but she can't take her eyes off of the way upstairs where her father and Yuju was left.

 

Sinb: "Please find her soon dad and save her." 

 

She whispers to the thin air while she's slowly walking on the last flight of stairs connected to the ground floor. But doubts started growing on her heart and she felt like something wrong will happen. 

 

Sinb: "What takes him too long? He won't hurt Yuju right?"

 

She asks herself, but the answer can't be assured unless she saw Yuju well and alive in front of her. Thinking it twice again, she turn around and runs back upstairs as fast as possible. 

 

As the sirens keeps getting louder and noisier, Yuju can just think of shouting and asking for help. She's doing it not just because of herself but also for Sinb, that's what she thought.

 

Yuju: "I'm here!" She shouted "Help M---" 

 

Mr. Hwang immediately covers with his hands before she creates another noise. 

 

Mr. Hwang: "Stop shouting" 

 

He said while covering Yuju's mouth but that action makes Yuju even more aggressive to scape as she bites Mr. Hwang's hands. He flinches from pain and checks his hands for blood but there's none.

 

Yuju: "Help me I'm here!" She shouted once again but got covered as well.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Stop shouting Choi Yuna...you're only calling them back." He said quietly before sliding the blade of the knife on the restrains of Yuju's hands.

 

Mr. Hwang: "I came here because of your mom, and for my daughter."

 

Yuju gave a confusing look because of Mr. Hwang's words as well as she calms herself down while watching how Mr. Hwang carefully cuts the ropes and how sincere he looked like to save her.

 

Yuju: "Where's Sinb?" She asks

 

Mr. Hwang: "Down there waiting for you." He answered shortly.

 

After cutting down the ropes on Yuju's hands and her legs, Mr. Hwang leads the way out but Yuju still doubts him and refuses to walk out. Afraid that Mr. Hwang is planning to bring her somewhere and hurt her.

 

Mr. Hwang: "You have a right not to trust me, but my daughter and my wife asks me to do this. I can't turn them down once again, we have to go now Choi Yuna~ I should've done this ten years ago." 

 

He offers his hands but he also understand if the young girl was still doubtful, he can't blame her either.

 

Yuju: "Just lead the way, I'll follow."

 

Through her request, Mr. Hwang walks out of the room first to check the area. No one was there as they make their way out aside from these two men who were guarding Yuju's room but was already knocked out by Mr. Hwang earlier.

 

Yuju: "You did these?'

 

Mr. Hwang refuses to answer that question and just chose to walk with careful steps. They're already on the 4th floor when they suddenly heard some gunshots. Mr. Hwang stopped from walking to listen where it came from.

 

He then realized that it must be the exchange gunshots from the police officers and the hostage takers on the ground floor

 

Mr. Hwang: "Let's go back up and use the fire exit. There's a ladder outside the window, we can use that way" He said as he drags Yuju with him.

 

Although he's worried with his daughter, he knows Sinb can do it. On their way to the fire exit, another image awaits for them at the end of the hallway. Mr. Hwang hides Yuju on his back as they walk closer.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Mr. Hwang Sung Jin, I never knew you're still alive... After what I did to your vehicle, the police officers died while you didn't. You're still lucky I guess."

 

He smirks while holding Sinb's arms tightly in front of him and pointing a gun on the girl's head. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb~~" She takes a step forward but Mr. Hwang pushes her back asking her to stay behind him.

 

Mr. Hwang: "So it's you who did that? What's the point of killing me? I'll be the one to put in jail in the end"

 

Hyun-Suk: "You almost killed my daughter on the same way, I just took a revenge!" He then tighten his grip on Sinb's arms and leans the point of the gun closer on her temple.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Just tell me what you want and stop this craziness!" He shouted angrily.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Chill, why don't you give me back my niece and I'll free your daughter?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "You think I'll do that?"

 

Hyun-Suk: "Unless you want me to blow up this head?" Aggressively pointing the gun on Sinb's head.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Okay, let's settle with your request. I'll give Yuju back and you'll free my daughter.

 

They both went closer, Mr. Hwang offers his hand to his daughter bringing Yuju back to Hyun-Suk. But when they get a little more closer, Sinb bumps her head on Hyun-Suk's head making him distracted. 

 

Mr. Hwang: "Yuju, run away and go to the fire exit as we planned!"

 

Yuju folows as he say but Sinb wasn't able to run since Hyun-Suk won't let her go. 

 

Sinb: "Run away Yuju! Save yourself first and just wait for me outside! Trust my words~"

 

Although Yuju hesitates to leave, she runs away to save herself as Sinb asked her to.

 

The next scene was a total mess between Mr. Hwang and Hyun-Suk's physical battle while Sinb was being dragged along.

 

Everything stopped when a gunshot heard once again. Hyun-Suk is still holding tightly on Sinb's arms while Sung-Jin started to laugh.

 

Sinb: "Dad~~ " She said worriedly

 

Sung-Jin fell on his knees with blood gushing down from his lower right chest.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Come with me!" He pulled Sinb with him still pointing the gun at her.

 

Sinb: "Dad! Stay alive! Ask for help and tell them he'll bring me to the yacht as an escape plan!" She shouted as much as she can while she was being dragged away.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Stop that mouth! Or I'll blow it up first!" He scolded.

 

They passes by an empty room where someone was hiding. No one noticed that person, neither Sinb nor Hyun-Suk does.

 

Yuju was able to escape through the ladders outside the window of the fire exit. There she saw Sowon at the bottom, she was too afraid of heights that she even doubt herself if she can make it. She's just lucky that Sowon was there to help her out.

 

Sowon: "We already called more back up, for now you can take a rest on my father's car."

 

Yuju: "Thank you Sowon, but Sinb was still there."

 

Sowon: "It's too dangerous to come in, let's just let those police officers do their work okay, my dad was also there so no need to worry"

 

Sowon earns a nod by Yuju although it seems pushed. She leads Yuju inside the car and watches for her in case she went back to that building to find Sinb.

 

While waiting inside the car Sowon suddenly felt uneasy until Yuju noticed it.

 

Author's note:

I don't want Yuju to suffer cause she's my bias haha but making Sinb suffer will hurt her right? XD

Next chapter on the making haha Thanks guys again for upvoting and the subscribers who are following this story even though the updates are once in a while ^_^ as well as the loyal commenters XD

- #2