Young Love

Secret Love Song

Choi Yuna or should we call her Yuju, spent most of her childhood days experiencing pain, hatred, deppression and sufferings that an innocent child should never experience at a young age. On her first grade she was even a subject of bullying by some kids in school. She even thought that she will never escape that kind of living.

 

*flashback

 

It is a typical day at school, nothing special. Yuju was walking alone in the school corridor, covering her face with her long hair like always without any friends beside her. But behind her is a young boy sneakly opening her backpack, he succeed on it without her noticing. He didn't get anything but he left it open. Yuju is about to approach a group of 4 girl who are laughing and looking at her from head to toe but she didn't bother to look on them. When she is about to pass them one kid stretch her legs making Yuju trips and fall on her knees. Her things flew out from her bag and there she realize what happened.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it"

 

The kid who trips her makes an excuse but suddenly laughs, Yuju didn't care at all and carry on picking up her things. But the other kid kicks off one of her book away from her. She tries to control her anger.

 

"Excuse me, don't feel bad about it, It's your fault. You should remove this hair on your face while walking"

 

She messes up Yuju's hair. Making her lose her temper and pushed away the girl's hands off.

 

"Oh? So you can fight now huh!" The girl push Yuju down making her fall again.

 

"HEY!" A loud voice behind them caught their attention. Yuju who is about to cry tries to sneak a look then hides her face.

 

"Are you all going to be like this? At the count of three, If you didn't leave her alone I'll ask my Dad to expell you in this school!"

 

The girl who seems to be not afraid of anything threatened them.

 

"You know me right? And what you are doing is wrong, do you want your parents and the director to know about this?, I'm sure your parents will hit your butts until it gets numb"

 

The kids know her, the daughter of the current director of their school. They have no choice but to ran away, all of them have gone in a flash. And she slowly make her way to Yuju who is crying on the floor.

 

"Hey kid they're all gone, get up now"

 

Yuju: "Who are you?" She asks while hiding her face because of her tears that won't stop.

 

"I'm Yerin... Jung Yerin, don't be afraid, I won't do any harm. Don't cry anymore"

 

Yuju finally look at her, her tears is still there but she managed to stop from crying.

 

Yuju: "Why did you help me?"

 

Yerin: "Because you need it, hurry. Get up now and pick your things up"

 

She help Yuju to pick and arrange her things but Yuju is too quiet and still hiding her face with her hair.

 

Yerin: "Hey, but I think that kid is right, your hair covers your face too much"

 

At that moment they already finish picking up her things.

 

Yuju: "Were done here, I should go now. My Dad is waiting for me at home"

 

Yerin: "Is that all you can say, aren't you going to thank me? Or at least what was your name?"

 

Yuju: "Yuna, Choi Yuna ...."

 

It takes a bit longer before she says one more thing.

 

Yuju: "But call me Yuju instead"

 

That was the first time she found a sincere help from someone, the trust she gave to Yerin is more than what she thought of. For the person who was always there for her during that time. The time when survival in this world is the only thought she have when she woke up everyday. 

 

*End of Flashback

 


 

After that day, where Yerin drag Yuju out of the classroom. News spread easily and currently the hot topic on Sinb's section. There are even rumours of Yerin bullying the transferred student and ofcourse Sinb isn't that late about it. She was just curious of why would Yerin approach her.

 

Sinb: "Yerin, I've heard it"

 

Yerin: "What?"

 

Sinb: "You approach Yuna yesterday and you even drag her out of the room, what happened? Do you know her by chance?"

 

Yerin: "Ah about that, She's just...someone I knew before"

 

Sinb: "Some sort of an enemy?"

 

Yerin: "It's not like that, actually we've became friends before"

 

Sinb: "You have a friend like her? How? We grew up together, how come I didn't even know her?"

 

Yerin: "Why would I even tell you? Actually that was a very long time ago, I think we're only 7 that time. She can't even remember me."

 

Sinb: "Awww.. does it hurt unnie?" She playfully place her hands on Yerin's chest

 

Yerin remember it again, she can never forget how they met and each day they were together, she knows all her pain but she already accept the fact that those memories are all part of Yuju's life that she wanted to forget, the memories she have to forget.

 

Yerin: "Yah! stop it, let's not talk about it anymore. We're here to plan for Umji's birthday. What was your suggestion?" Quickly change the topic to their real goal.

 

Sinb: "Ah about that, I called Umji's Mom if we can use her room for a surprise but she told me that Umji's sister just came back from US and she's a bit fiery and hates loud noise, we can't do that on their house.

 

Yerin: "I never knew she has a sister"

 

Sinb: "Me too she never told us, should we do it on my house instead?"

 

Yerin: "I don't want to!" Her sudden rejection makes Sinb surprised "I mean can't we do it somewhere else but not in your house?"

 

Sinb: "Why? Yah unnie why are you like this? We've been friends for more than 10 years, your house is almost my home too. But I can't remember if you ever came into our house, you never did that right?" 

 

Yerin: "Are you a kid? this is for Umji, not for you."

 

Sinb: "Aishh, I know. I'm just saying you never came into my house. My dad even asked me yesterday where you are now. He thought you're already living in states. It's weird, As far as I remember he never really care about me."

 

Yerin: "Let's just go somewhere, It's too boring in your house" Just an excuse. "Why would he even bother to ask about me?" she ask to herself with doubt.