Yuju

Secret Love Song

"Good day everyone, My name is Yuna...Choi Yuna."

 

Even though she said it coldly,  her classmates are still interested about her.

 

"Wow, she has a sweet voice"


"Everything about her seems perfect"


"Even though she looks like a cold person, i like her"

 

Sinb: "The hell....what's so sweet with that? Are they all naive? She looks even rude than me but they keep complimenting her... Wait till the day you're all gonna eat your words" She says into her mind.

 

Mr. Han: "Okay Yuna, since you already introduce yourself, we will now proceed to the seating arrangement. Everyone you can now draw your seat number here." The teacher lifts up the small box on the table. "Yuna draw your seat number here, and stand beside here until I call you."

 

Yuju: "Thanks Mr. Han" She bows in her respect as she draw her seat number and stand beside the wall while waiting for her number to get called.

 

Eunha: "Uhmmmm...ehem..uhmm..excuse me, Yuna? Right?" She tries to approach Yuju but she just look at her.

 

Eunha: "Ahhh... You must be shy, I'm Eunha" Offers a handshake but Yuju didn't do anything.

 

Yuju: "I'm Yuna, you heard my name right?"

 

Eunha: "Ah..Yeah, What's your seat number?" She asks out of nowhere, but Yuju didn't say anything and just show Eunha her seat number.

 

Eunha: "Seat no. 26?, Wow you're lucky. You're gonna seat at the back, most students wishes for it when they draw their numbers, but unluckily I've draw no. 5, I hate this."

 

She complains and talks a lot but Yuju didn't respond at all and leave Eunha talking to herself alone, Sinb saw it and found it rude so she approach Eunha.

 

Sinb: "What's with her?" She asks

 

Eunha: "Oh? It's nothing to me, don't worry."

 

Sinb: "That was just rude"

 

Eunha: "Just like you?"

 

Sinb: "But not to that extent"

 

Eunha: "She must be shy, just let it go" Trying to calm Sinb.

 

Sinb: "But being shy and rude on her first day is different"

 

Eunha: "Anyway, thanks for being my seatmate for almost 3 weeks, even though it's a short time, I find it comfortable with you"

 

Sinb: "I think I should be the one thanking you, but since you said it first, you're welcome. At least there is at least one person who can approach me here"

 

Eunha: "Well as soon as you started to act friendly on them"

 

Sinb: "I'm not used to that kind of thing"

 

The teacher keeps calling the numbers and the students follow the seating arrangement as planned. Eunha is already sitting in the front row. This time Sinb's number is being called.

 

Mr. Han: "Seat number 25?"

 

Unlike students who respond Yes Mr. Han when they are called, Sinb just raise her hand.

 

Mr. Han: "Sit there on the 5th row, with the next number. Who's number 26?"

 

Obviously it's Yuju and she slowly raise her hands, just like Sinb.

 

Mr. Han: "Oh it's our new student, follow Eunbi on your seat. Eunbi, since you're her seatmate make sure to guide and take care of her well"

 

Sinb's eyebrows moves upward as she can't believe that she's going to sit beside that girl.

 

Sinb: "Seriously? I'll be her seatmate and I'll gonna take care of this kid? No way." She says into her mind and just seated silently.

 

Yuju followed her and seated beside her but didn't even bother to talk, ask anything or even look at her. And Sinb found it really annoying, Yuju didn't do anything but Sinb was just too annoyed.The next day got even more annoying to Sinb.

 

Sinb: "Finally this boring subject has ended, I can sleep now"

 

That was just the first subject and she already feel a need of sleep. But the sight she saw makes her feel uncomfortable.

 

Sinb: "What's with this kid? She's faster than me" Saw Yuju already lying her head on her desk. " Being rude on her first day, not talking to anyone, and now sleeping this early? Anyway, that's just like me. But I think this kid is worse than me"

 

She let a deep sigh before making a good position on her desk for her time to herself, the whole day was like a sleeping competition between the two, whenever they had a chance. It seems like Sinb found a sleeping buddy but she hates it a lot.

Umji: "Sinb, I've heard that you have a new classmate?"

 

Sinb: "Ah, yeah...." She wanted to say more but since the food was there she decided not to talk a lot. "Let me taste this" grabs Yerin's kimbap and put it directly to .

 

Yerin: "Yaah!" She hit Sinb's forehead with her chopsticks. "Who gives you a permission to eat that!"

 

Sinb: "Aishhh... You still have more!" She said with full, while obviously looking for someone around the cafeteria.

 

Umji: "What is it?" She notice Sinb's head turning left and right, trying to find someone.

 

Sinb: "Ah...nothing, Don't tell me she's still sleeping there..." She stops from eating and started to talk to herself.

 

Umji: "What are you talking about?" Curious Umji who always asks every simple thing she notice.

 

Sinb: "That kid who always sleep on class, you know what, I think she's worse than me"

 

Yerin: "Who's that kid now?"

 

Sinb: "The transferred student, i forgot to tell you guys. But it really annoys me. She sleep on our class more than how I do it and she never really talk or even look at me, we're seatmates but it seems like I'm invisible."

 

Umji: "I wonder how it feels when you found someone worse than you" 

 

Sinb: "That Choi Yuna..." She don't really know why she's that annoyed to that girl but she's just irritated by seeing her.

 

Yerin: "Choi Yuna? Is it her name?"

 

Sinb: "Mmmmm..." She nods. "Why?"

 

Yerin: "Ahhh nothing"

 

Yerin seems into something when she suddenly change her mood, normally she's a clingy one and loves teasing, but that time she was just staring at the food on her plate.

 

Sinb: "Are you just gonna stare on your food? Give it to me then" She grabs Yerin's lunch.

 

Yerin: "Fine, just eat everything" She gets up from her seat and grabs a bread to put on Sinb's mouth. "I have some business, gonna go first."

 

Sinb: "Hey! Where are you going?" She asks but Yerin didn't pay attention.



"Choi Yuna" The moment Yerin heard that name, the name that Sinb had just mention. She can't do anything other than seeing that person. 

 

Yerin: "Excuse me, do you know where the kid named Choi Yuna is?" She asked one of Sinb's classmate when she reach the classroom.

 

"Choi Yuna?...Ahh the transferred student, there she is, the one who's sleeping at the back" The other student tries to show Yerin where Yuju is from the front door of the room where they are currently standing.

 

Yerin: "Sleeping at this time? Just what Sinb thought of... Ah, excuse me for a moment" Yerin started to make her way in the classroom that made the other students surprised by her action.

 

"Why did she enter our room?"


"Is she out of her mind?"


"Wait Is she trying to approach Yuna?"


"She's Eunbi's friend right?"

 

Yerin: "Sinb's right, these kids doesn't really have their own life."

 

She stand in front of Yuju who is currently sleeping and stares at her completely.

 

Yerin: "Excuse me. Are you that kid who named Choi Yuna?" She speaks near Yuju's ear, that distracts her from sleeping. Yuju slowly look at the person in front of her trying to recognize her.

 

Yuju: "Excuse me but... do I know you?"

 

Yerin: "Your face doesn't change a lot, it just gets more matured but your voice is still sweet like before."

 

Yuju: "I never met you before, so leave me alone."

 

Seems like she didn't care about what Yerin says and just like no one was there, she crossed her arms on her desk and lie her head to start sleeping again. Not until Yerin grabs her wrist.

 

Yerin: "Follow me" She drags Yuju out of the room holding her wrist and walks on the hallway in a double speed before the sounds of bell ring that will signal the end of lunchbreak.

 

Yuju: "What's with you? Let go of me! I don't even know you"


She tries to escape but Yerin is holding her tightly on her wrist until they reach the school playground.

 

Yuju: "Seriously? What's with you!"

 

Yerin: "You can't remember this face?" Yerin asks while pouting.

 

Yuju: "I don't mind about talking to strangers"

 

Yerin: "We're not strangers, well I know you and you know me well too... But how could you forgot about me, Yuju"

 

When Yerin called her Yuju, she finally remember something. The fact that she only let those people she trust to call her Yuju, the girl she can't recognize must be a person she trust before.

 

Yuju: "I'm sorry but...I think you found a wrong person"

 

Yerin: "I can't be wrong, you're Yuju right?" She asks trying to please her.

 

Yuju: "I'm Yuna, Choi Yuna, satisfied?"

 

Yerin: "I know, but I used to call you Yuju. I'm Yerin...Jung Yerin, remember?"

 

She actually remember Yerin, that girl.The person who always protect her before, it has been ten years but she don't want to remember anything from her past again.

 

Yuju: "I'm sorry...But...."

 

She still denies it but Yerin is too persistent, she grabs Yuju's arm and fold her sleeves until her forearm is can be seen.

 

Yuju: "What are you doing! Can you let go of me!"

 

Yerin: "See? These scars are still here, You're Yuju, I can see it in your eyes. You're still Yuju that I know, some friend told me about you. You're still that kid, what happened? Why did you suddenly leave?

 

Yuju: "Don't bother me anymore" She said and lower her head, trying to hide her face.

 

Yerin: "You still didn't eat lunch right? Don't worry I'll accompany you"

 

Yuju: "Stop it! Don't worry about me, A lot of things have already change, and I'm not a kid anymore so stop caring about me. And please... Let go of me now."

 

Yerin just stares at her, she can see it in her eyes, the pain and sufferings of her childhood days. Slowly, she finally remove her hands on Yuju's arms. Those words are just enough for her to know that she finally found that girl. There's a lot of questions she wanted to ask but for now, letting her go is the only thing she can do, as long as she know where to find her.

 

On the other side, Yuju is holding her arms, wherein few scars were left that even though years have already passed it doesn't fade away and the pain seeing it still marks on her mind, remembering those memories again while trying to hold her tears as she walks away from Yerin.

 

Yuju: "I'm sorry...I don't want to bother you anymore, I'm sorry for being like this. I'm grateful to have someone who really care for me, but from now on I have to be a strong person"

 

Those are the words that she meant when she says "let go of me" She's thankful to have a friend like Yerin but she also regrets that she never told her how grateful she is to have her.