Note Left

Secret Love Song

*Flash back

 

"Please drive well okay? And don't forget to come home earlier huh?"

 

She said to her husband to be, while tying the necktie for him before they exchange a goodbye kiss. 

 

They have been engaged for a month after living together for 6 years. The lady smiles as she thought of her dream wedding after sending him off to work.

 

"Mommy, please help me tie this thing"

 

The kid asks her mom's help using all her cute charms for tying the ribbon on her neckline when she saw how her mom takes care of her father's tie

 

"Oww my baby, this is how you do it" 

 

She quickly lowers her level to her cute little daughter's height as she helps her. 

 

After that, she fixes and grooms herself before she drove off her daughter to school.

 

"I think I should go now, you should also get inside your classroom baby, behave yourself okay? And study well so you can be like your Dad in the future" 

 

She said while caressing the kid's head and landing a warm kiss on her forehead as the kid nods.

 

"Mommy, please take care on your way home" The kid said before letting go of her mom's hands.

 

Before going back home after sending her daughter to school, she would love to have a walk on a near mall. 

 

That's how she used to live for 6 years with the man she loved the most and his child. Preparing the breakfast, ahead of time before they woke up. Having a sweet moment with him, and reminding him to take care always before he drives off his car to work. Giving a bath to the kid which she already treated as her own daughter and sending her to school. Then after that, she would go to the mall to buy some groceries for their daily needs.

 

While passing by the stores next to each other and looking inside it through the glass windows, she came into thinking of some random thoughts. Just then she accidentally bumps into someone.

 

"I'm sorry...I'm really sorry" She said guiltily while consecutively bowing her head thrice to the girl in front of her before they get to look on each other's face.

 

They both narrowed their eyes as they felt like the person in front of them is somewhat familiar.

 

"Jessica?" "Sooyoung?" The both exclaimed as they recognize each other. 

 

Sooyoung: "Jessica! It's you!" She said in excitement to see her old friend.

 

Jessica: "It's been a long time Sooyoung-ah...almost 9 years since we haven't seen each other"

 

Sooyoung: "9 years? Wow, It's really a long time. Anyway how are you now?"

 

For bestfriends who are also best buddies who doesn't get to see each other for almost 10 years, for sure they have a lot of stories to share ,so they went on a coffee shop before they continue their conversation. 

 

And like what expected, Jessica also told her bestfriend that her first love, which is also the only man she have her eyes on since they were highschool is now the man she is going to get married to.

 

Sooyoung: "Congrats Jessica, who would've knew that your first love would be really the person for you. "

 

Jessica: "You know our story Sooyoung-ah, there's a lot of things we've gone through to reach this point. We kept this relationship until our exact marriage but since you're a very close friend of us, I can't really wait to tell you."

 

Sooyoung: "You're still so cheeky. Your life could've been so perfect now if that night didn't happen"

 

Jessica: "Sooyoung-ah...please don't mention that thing again."

 

She said and their vibrant mood suddenly turns into a distressed one.

 

Sooyoung: "Jessica, does Hwang Sung Jin already knew about what happened to you before?"

 

Jessica: "He....he doesn't, how can I tell him? I can't hurt his feelings"

 

Sooyoung: "But you cannot run away from your past Sica. You have a child left with that Choi Jin-Young. That rascal who took away all your dreams."

 

Jessica: "I told you stop talking about that night, about him or about that child!"

 

Sooyoung: "Hey Sica, I know it's my fault for leaving you on that place that night. And until now, this guilt is still inside my heart. But that child has nothing to do with what happened, so you don't have to turn your back on her"

 

Jessica: "Have nothing to do? The day I gave birth to her, I must've been so kind that I let her live even though it hurts so much thinking about of having her with that filthy man at all"

 

Sooyoung: "Jessica, the thing is she's still your daughter. You can take care of someone's daughter but you can't even look on your own daughter?"

 

Jessica: " Sooyoung-ah...."

 

Sooyoung: "I came back here from U.S 2 days ago, as I found out that my daughter got into an accident. I didn't get to contact her for years after I parted with her father. But now I regret those years that I didn't get to look after her and coming back to her just because of that accident. Until now she haven't woke up yet"

 

Sooyoung started to shed some tears but she immediately wipe it off and controls her emotion as Jessica came beside her trying to comfort her.

 

Sooyoung: "Jessica, I also visited that rascal and your daughter yesterday. I found out that he's physically abusing your daughter. As a mom, I know how it hurts how to see your daughter being hurt. Do something Jessica before it's too late, save your daughter"

 

Jessica never expected that kind of turn out after leaving her daughter with that man. After all, she never though that guy would ever put a hands on his own daughter. But she's wrong.

 

She was left speechless and confused of what to say or do but Sooyoung keeps encouraging her.

 

Sooyoung: "Here's my number, call me if you need some help, your daughter needs you Sica"

 

She handed her a note with her phone number on it. But Jessica's worries grew even more. She will be married soon to the man she loved the most and if he found out her past and about her child, she's worried if he will still accept her. But deep inside her heart is she wanted to get her own daughter back.

​​​​​

*End of Flashback

 

During daytime, Sowon and Yerin would always pretend and act like they are still enemies. But when the night comes, they will became partners that no one would ever thought of.

 

Sowon: "We're finally here, are you ready to go back inside this place?"

 

She asks Yerin who was standing right next to her in front of the old apartment complex. 

 

Yerin: "I hope we can get something, let's go now"

 

In Yerin's lead, they both enter the establishment. It is old but there are still some people renting on the other rooms. But the room where that incident happened has never been touched or used again.

 

While walking on the hall, Yerin keeps reminiscing what happened that night while Sowon was just observing her

 

Sowon: "You remember something?"

 

Yerin: "Nothing...."

 

She remembers everything that night and now that she's back there, she felt a lot of regrets. 

 

Regrets that she didn't have enough courage to see what happened, regrets that she didn't get to open the door that people inside of that room could have been saved if she did. And regrets that she didn't get to speak up after all the years that passed.

 

Yerin: "should we enter this room now?"

 

She asks when they reached in front of the apartment unit where Yuju's family used to stay before.

 

Sowon: "Should we?"

 

They were both wearing a gloves to make sure that they won't leave traces about them. 

 

Yerin holds onto the doorknob as she turns it clockwise. She slowly  opens the door that creates a rusty creaking sound as the bottom part slides against the floor.

 

Sowon: "That sounds creepy, look at all these goosebumps" She hesitates to enter first.

 

Yerin: "At least this isn't a haunted place, don't waste your height acting like a coward after calling me like that several times"

 

She rolled her eyes before she enter the room which is too dark, later on she was followed by Sowon.

 

Yerin: "The lights aren't working" She gets annoyed after trying to switch the lights on several times.

 

Sowon: "Forget it, here! Catch this"

 

She said before she threw her reserved flashlight to Yerin which she successfully caught before it directly hits her face.

 

Yerin: "Did you just threw this in purpose to hit my face!"

 

Sowon: "Ughhh....If that's what you think" She took a deep breath while trying to massage her nape. "I should've threw it harder then" She whispers to herself.

 

Yerin: "What did you just said!" 

 

She then turns on the flashligh and threw the straight line it creates directly to Sowon's face which the latter responded by covering her eyes with her right hand

 

Sowon: "Yah! We're here to gather evidence! Not to play around!"

 

Yerin immediately hold down the flashlight and the two started to roam around the small apartment unit.

 

Yerin took out her phone and takes some pictures in every side and areas of the room, while Sowon takes a look in every nook and cranny spots but never touched or moved anything. 

 

Since it has been ten years and no one bothers to rent on that unit. There's not much things to see and all things left were covered with white fabric, the bed, the couch, the cabinet even the table and the sideboard.

 

Sowon crouches down to look under the bed finding out some stuffs fully covered with dust. A small guitar, electric piano and a flute, that's how she identified those objects.

 

Sowon: "That kid must've really liked music" 

 

She said thinking of how she witnessed Yuju growing up playing the same kinds of instruments.

 

Sowon: "Yuju-ah we're doing this for you to move on to your past. Please continue to your dreams no matter what happens"

 

She sigh before she got up. then she takes three steps to get in front of a cabinet and she lie down again with her cheeks touching the cold floor while looking at the blank space under it.

 

She was about to get up when she found nothing but her eyes caught something and she focuses her flashlight on that thing. 

 

Sowon: "There's a note?"

 

Yerin: "What was that?" 

 

She didn't answer, instead she reaches the note with her long and slim arms. 

 

Yerin came near her to see what's on the note, hoping something that can help them solve the case. 

 

Sowon: "010-0711-0116"

 

Yerin: "It seems like a personal number, who's number is it? What do you think? Should we try to contact it?"

 

Sowon is deep on her thoughts as she saw the number written on it. To the point that she forgot Yerin's presence beside her

 

Sowon: "Omma" She mutter.

 

Yerin: "Hummmm? Who is it?"

 

*Flashback (Before the Ice-skating incident of Sowon when she was young)

 

"010-0711-0116.....010-0711-0116...010-07
..."

 

Officer Kim: "Sowon-ah, what are you doing with my phone? Give it back to me"

 

He immediately took his phone back from his daughter's hands.

 

Sowon: "Dad, please let me contact Mom. I really missed her"

 

Officer Kim: "Your Mom is busy, she will contact us if she remembers you, so stop thinking of contacting her okay?"

 

Sowon just nods even though she didn't agree. Her father caress her hair before he leaves her at the living room.

 

Sowon: "I just wanted to contact her so she can come over to watch my performance" She said to herself 

 

*End of Flashback

 

Sowon: "How can I ever forgot this number"

 

Yerin: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

 

She asks when she find it weird that Sowon keeps talking to herself

 

Sowom: "I'm right. Mom...please wait a bit longer, I promise to give justice to your death, same with Yuju's parents. I promise this."

 

She thought while trying to contain her tears with her glares fixed at the note on her hands.