Forgiveness

Secret Love Song

On a peaceful lone island where the soft white sands are covered with thick cloudlike fog, Yerin wakes up wondering what her eyes can see. Easily drowned with the peaceful scent of the air travelling through her lungs, listening to the sea breeze healing her soul, the memories she had before waking up has gone away with the wind.

 

As she walks following the path of the stones lying on the sand, she saw a familiar figure from afar. Someone whom she have never seen for years but still she remembers every movement that he does. His walk, his hand movement and his body figure, he hasn't change at all. 

 

From there her eyes widened and becomes watery when she saw him, that only man who treated her as a princess and she treated as her prince, the first and the only guy she ever loved. 

 

Yerin: "Op-pa?" She said while on the verge of tears when her brother flashes a bright smile at her.

 

She immediately runs towards her brother, throwing a big tight hug on him wherein her brother catches her with a hug as well. No one knows how she misses her brother and how much she wished to hug him like that again. 

 

Yerin: "Oppa~~ Why did you show up to me just now?" She asks in between her cry on his arms, but her brother can just just smile with her childish and loud cry.

 

Heechul: "Yerin-ah~ you're already grown up, you can even reach my shoulders now but you still cries like a baby." He said before breaking the hug to see his sister's crying face.

 

Yerin: "What is it? Are you amazed how I grew up prettily?" She asks when she noticed how her brother have been staring at her for too long while smiling like a proud dad.

 

Heechul: "Nahh~~Your face doesn't suit that tears" He then helps to wipe out the tears on his sister's cheeks with his own hands. 

 

Feeling his touch on her face, Yerin felt how cold her brother's hands are. She felt weird about how warm she felt seeing her brother that time but she somehow felt like there's a wide distance that separates them.

 

That was when she came into a realization of what was happening.

 

Yerin: "Oppa? I can see you real right?" She asks touching her brother's hands that was wiping out her tears. "This isn't a dream, right?"

 

Her brother stopped and takes his hands away from her before showing a serious look on his face.

 

Heechul: "Yerin, your oppa was fine now" He smiled softly "I'm happy to see you well and no one knows how much I just wanted to stay, but this place isn't a place for the two of us either"

 

Yerin: "A place for us? Why? I didn't get what you mean oppa"

 

Heechul: "Yerin, Can you do a favor for oppa?"

 

Yerin: "A favor? You always did that for me when I was younger so why can't I. What favor is it oppa?"

 

Heechul: "I'm happy and proud to have a sister like you Yerin-ah, a sister who can fight for what is right and for those people whom she loved."

 

Yerin: "You also did that oppa~~ you, you even died because of me, you died because of your love for me oppa. You're gone for years because of me" 

 

Heechul: "I never died Yerin, I was never gone. Maybe you can't see my presence but I was never gone in your heart and in your mind right?"

 

Yerin: "Oppa, mianhae~ it's because of me, it was all my fault oppa."

 

Heechul: "It's not your fault Yerin, it was no one's fault. But I can't go to the place for me either and I need your help."

 

Yerin: "What was that place oppa? And what help can I do? Are you going somewhere and leave me once again?"

 

Heechul: "I'm not leaving Yerin, I told you I will always be with you. But I need your forgiveness, I want you to set your oppa free. I want you to forgive and don't blame yourself anymore Yerin-ah, can you do that for me?"

 

Yerin: "But oppa~~"

 

Heechul: "Pinky promise? You can do that right?" He flashes a soft smile as he stretches out his hand for a pinky swear promise.

 

Yerin hesitates to do a promise that she know she might break once her brother leaves her again, but then the space between them is slowly moving afar and the gap started to become darkness. 

 

 

Yerin: "Oppa, why? Where are you going? Leaving me again?"

 

Heechul: "We have no time left Yerin-ah, Oppa would be the happiest if you do that for me. Promise me you'll live well and forgive yourself, you can do it right?"

 

Before the space becomes a total darkness and afraid to not see her brother without a proper goodbye, Yerin immediately reaches for her brother's hand sealing her pinky swear promise with tears in her eyes.

 

Yerin: "For you Oppa~ "

 

Heechul's face started to get even brighter after that and the gap that was once dark becomes a brightness but the space between them keeps moving afar until their can't held into each other's hands anymore.

 

Heechul: "Gomaweo Yerin, I'd be even happier if you'll live happily."

 

Yerin: "How can I oppa?"

 

Heechul: "I'm with a pretty young girl earlier with a bunny teeth and bob hair, she looks so cute though. But I think someone already snatched her heart."

 

Yerin: "Pretty girl? Bunny teeth and bob hair?" Without thinking and guessing for too long, she already know who her brother is talking about.

 

Yerin: "Eunha? Where is she oppa?"

 

She turns around behind her and she turns left and right trying to find the girl her brother is talking about even though it's obvious that she isn't there.

 

Heechul: "Looks like you wanna see her eagerly, I'm still in front of you Yerin-ah. Don't make it too obvious that you misses her more than me."

 

Yerin: "Are you jealous oppa?" 

 

They both laugh unconsciously.

 

Heechul: "She's already gone from here. And wherever she is, I hope she found her way back."

 

Yerin can just look at him with a questioning look. 

 

Heechul: "It's time to go back now Yerin-ah, a lot of people awaits for you including her."

 

Yerin: "Oppa, before you go. Thank you for saving me, I should've been thankful rather than being sorry all the time. I promise to live well Oppa"

 

After that, everything started to get even brighter that makes her closes her eyes tightly.

 

Few minutes later, the brightness faded away until she gets to open up her eyes. 

 

She saw the white ceiling where the lamp was attached and beside are her parents looking at her worriedly and at the same time smiling at her warmly.

 

Without saying a word, her father immediately pulls her body as he hugged her tighly.

 

Remembering what her brother told her, she smiled thanking that she's once alive again.

 

Countless "Sorry" has been heard around the room between the two. Yerin's mom was just beside her father patting his back while smiling warmly with tears forming in her eyes for seeing her husband and daughter like this for the first time.

 

After a short check-up of her health, she finally get to ask about the two people that keeps running on her mind that time.

 

Yerin: "Dad, I can't clearly remember what happened but I remember Sinb was with me on that incident. May I know how's her doing right now?"

 

That question silenced her father. Based on the look that he gave, it was sure that he can't answer it by now for the sake of his daughter's condition.

 

Director Jung: " Yerin, you just woke up after 2 days. Don't worry about other people that much, you get some rest first okay?"

 

Yerin: "But Dad, I have to know how she's doing. Is she also in the same hospital with me? Where is she? I wanna pay a visit"

 

Director Jung: "Take a rest first Yerin."

 

Yerin: "I'm just asking where is she?"

 

Her father sighs deeply as he massages his nape. He just want his daughter to take a rest but Yerin was too stubborn to think of others before herself.

 

Director Jung: "Why don't we pay a visit to Eunha first? Her room was just a few steps from here, you haven't heard about her right?"

 

Though Yerin was worried about Sinb, after hearing Eunha's name, her ears went wide to listen to her father.

 

Yerin: "What about Eunha? Ho-how was she?" She asks nervously, thinking of a negative or a positive news but hoping it would be the positive side.

 

Director Jung: "She's conscious now, she woke up two days ago." He said with a smile.

 

Upon hearing the news about Eunha waking up, Yerin pulls out the needle attached on her wrist as she gets off the bed and runs out of her room. Her father tries to stop her but Yerin was too fast to disappear on the hallway.

 

In less than a minute, she fastly arrives in front of Eunha's room. Her heartbeat goes wild and she can feel her hands gets colder as she hesitantly walks near and nervously peeks through the door. But a smile formed on her lips when she saw Eunha sitting on her bed and having her meal while being fed by her mom. 

 

Although it is clear that Eunha find it difficult to have a meal and she can't still help herself out but Yerin already felt relieved that she's alive for real and not just lying half alive on the hospital bed.

 

But her smile easily faded and turns into a frown when she saw Sowon inside and helping Eunha's mom in taking care of her. 

 

Yerin: "When did that girl became that close to her family?" She asks to herself before turning back and walking away.

 

It's already enough for her to see Eunha's condition improving.

 

While walking back to her room, she keeps peeking on the glass window of each room she's passing by. Hoping that one of those room have Sinb inside.

 

She's slowly losing hope until she found out one room with a patient crouching on her knees on the bed while looking outside the window. She also saw Umji inside that's why she didn't hesitate to get in.

 

Yerin: "Umji"

 

Umji: "Oh? Unnie? Why are you here? When did you wake up?"

 

She went startled when she found out Yerin's presence inside the room, she was too focused on watching out the girl inside and besides, she knows Yerin must be resting.

 

Yerin: "Umji, how's Sinb? In thought I won't found her here"

 

She said while looking on the girl sitting on the bed.

 

Umji: "Unnie, Sinb's not here and It was Yuju, she's been like this since...Since that day."

 

Yerin: "Why? And where's Sinb?" She asks while walking closer to Yuju but she heard nothing from Umji.

 

She sat beside Yuju and pats the girl's back to get her attention but she gains no response.

 

Yerin: "Yuju? Hey, What happened?"

 

She asks but her question and worry was just ignored.

 

Yerin: "Hey, I'm trying to find Sinb but no one bothers to tell me where she is, I'm sure you know where she is, wanna go with me and see her?"

 

Umji: "Unnie stop it"

 

She tries to interfere but Yuju already turns her attention on Yerin who keeps talking about seeing Sinb.

 

Yuju: "You know where she is?" 

 

Yerin suddenly felt something that was wrong when Yuju turns around to face her. She saw the dark circles around Yuju's eyes and how her face looked so pale.

 

Yerin: "I... I don't know where she is, but I'm trying to find her all around. Why is no one telling where she is? Umji?"

 

She takes a look at Umji but she won't speak either.

 

Yuju: "Let's go Yerin, let's find her"

 

She said just then she grabbed Yerin's hands, she gets off the bed as she pulled Yerin with her to go out of the room but Umji held into their arms to stop them.

 

Yerin who doesn't know anything can just look at Umji curiously about her actions.

 

Yerin: "Tell me the truth Umji, where's Sinb?"

 

Author's Note:

Hi guys ^_^ Let's go find Sinb ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Just kidding, I don't wanna hurt you guys but pain is part of our life as well as this story.

To spoil you on the next chapter, expect a little bit of fluff ^_^

-#2