Being in love

Secret Love Song

Umji runs away and Yerin chases after her until they reach the darkest part of the road.

 

Yerin: "Umji-yah!" She grab Umji's arms tightly when she caught her and make her turn around to face her.

 

Yerin: "Umji-yah, what did you hear?"

 

Umji: "I...I didn't hear anything. Can you please let me go unnie?

 

Yerin: "Then why are you running away? What did you hear Umji?"

 

Umji: "Unnie... What was that? I heard some gunshots. Someone was fighting over, and there are few names I heard. One of them is Sinb's dad, what are you trying to hide unnie?"

 

Yerin: "Umji-yah, I'm not hiding anything"

 

Umji: "Then what was that?"

 

Yerin: "I don't know Umji! Please don't ask anything. And don't tell this to anyone. This case stresses me out all my life and yet I didn't know anything"

 

Umji: "Then let me help you, my dad can do something, he's a private detective"

 

Yerin: "I know Umji, but can't you see the situation? Sinb's Dad and Mom is involved here it means there is something to do with Sinb"

 

Umji: "Then what are you planning to do? To hide this? To hide everything? You know something unnie. You're a witness, did you recorded it?"

 

Yerin: "It's not me Umji, I didn't saw anything. Believe me"

 

Umji: "Then who else? That recording is in your hands"

 

Yerin: "It's not mine and I'm not the one who recorded this. It is also my first time hearing this."

 

Umji: "Then who else if it's not you?"

 

Yerin: "It's....Sinb. It's Sinb who saw and recorded everything. She's the witness"

 

Umji: "Sinb?"

 

Yerin: "She is, but she can't remember anything."

 

Umji: "How? I mean she's a witness but how come she can't remember anything?"

 

Yerin: "That was...that was because..."

 

Yerin's P.O.V

 

"It has been ten years. Ten years of keeping this secret alone from everyone.

I was 7 that time and My friend Sinb was 6.

While we are playing hide and seek with another neighbor, both of us hide on a compartment at the car of Sinb's Dad.

But after a few minutes, it suddenly moves. We don't have any idea where her Dad is going, but for sure it's a bit of far away. He also has no idea we are currently there that time.

Sinb keeps singing because she's afraid of dark but her singing irritates me so she reasoned out that it makes her calm.

When the car stopped, we both get out from the compartment. Earlier we are from the garage but now we're on a parking area of an apartment complex.

Sinb chases behind her Dad without him knowing and I decided to just wait for them to comeback. But I felt uneasy so I followed them.

I was walking on the corridor when I heard a gunshot. I followed where it came from and I saw Sinb peeking through the door in one of the room.

Then I heard another gunshot. I was afraid that time and I hide myself at the fire exit. I slightly open the door then I saw Sinb running away. 

There she dropped a pen, that was the pen that her mom gave her before she leave her. That's why I came out to pick it up.

And I was about to follow her when the door from a room went open, where the gunshots I heard came from.

I hide myself again on the fire exit. When I peek through the slightly opened door, I saw Sinb's Dad holding a gun, with stains of blood on his hands.

I was too afraid that time, I don't know what to do. I just saw her Dad holding a gun. "Did he killed someone?" That was the question in my mind but I never tried to look on that door where he came from. I'm a coward.

I came back to the parking with my knees trembling. 

Just then in a distance, I saw Sinb lying on the floor with her head bleeding. Then I saw her Dad came out of the car. He was in panick when he lifts Sinb up and bring her in his car.

After that incident, I keep my mouth shut. I was really afraid, I didn't saw anything aside from the gun in his hands. But I'm sure Sinb does, she saw and witnessed everything.

But after what happened that night, I didn't get to see her for a while. And after a month, I felt like a thorn in my heart was out when I saw her at the garden of their house, she have a bandage on her head but she's well.

When I asked her about what happened to her head, she said she can't remember. Even the time we played and hide on her Dad's car. She can't remember anything.

And then her Dad came out to see us and I felt afraid again. Seeing him makes me feel uneasy and afraid. I can't even look at him comfortably and starting that day, I never came to that house anymore.

I decided to keep that secret by myself. To protect Sinb. She can't remember anything and I don't really know what happened. I think that way, Sinb can live well and better with her Dad. She only have her Dad and if he really did something wrong, then Sinb would be really alone. Without any parents on her side, I can't let it happen."

 

End of Yerin's P.O.V

 

Yerin: "I entrust you this information Umji. So please keep it for now. I have my own ways. And I'll try to solve this in my own ways"

 

Going back to Yuju and Sinb.

 

Like what Sinb said, she waited for Yuju until 12 A.M, until she gets off of her work. But they are now nearing Yuju's apartment yet she can't still say any single word.

 

Yuju: "We're in this place again, do you really have something to say Hwang Eun Bi?" 

 

Sinb breathes deeply, but she can't still let any words escape from . So they keep walking until they almost reach Yuju's apartment.

 

But Yuju stopped from walking when she saw three men in corporate attire in front of her apartment. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb" She also stopped Sinb.

 

Then she pull her to hide on a wide post behind her before those men sees them. 

 

Sinb: "What was that?" She asks.

 

Yuju: "Shhhh, stay still" Then she peeks to see what are those men doing, then she noticed Sinb peeking behind her.

 

Yuju: "Yah, hide yourself. They might see us"

 

Sinb: "Who are they?"

 

Yuju: "Shut your mouth Hwang Eunbi or I'll hit you" She shows her closed fist

 

Sinb: "Eyy..."

 

She complains and steps back, but she stepped on a piece of metal and it creates sound that attracts the attention of the three men.

 

Yuju: "Why are you so clumpsy!"

 

Yuju took a glare on Sinb, but it was too late to scold her clumsiness. The three men eyes the direction where the sound came from and they saw Yuju. 

 

Yuju: "I'm doomed" She said.

 

Sinb: "They sees us?"

 

The three men started to walk towards them

 

Sinb: "What should we do?"

 

Yuju: "What else? The thing I'm good at"

 

Sinb: "What?"

 

Yuju: "Running away! Lets go now Sinb!"

 

She held Sinb's hands for her to follow her. They run away as much as they can while the three guys are chasing behind them.

 

They run through the stairs, jumped through the railings and takes some narrow paths before they run to a wide road again.

 

The gap between them and those men is pretty far since they were both fast runners. Sinb didn't really know why do they have to run but she still did her best to run fastly, but not when Yuju trips and fall.

 

Sinb: "Who's being clumsy now?" She said but before the guys reach them...

 

Sinb: "Get on my back, faster!"

 

Yuju: "It's a minor thing, I can help myself"

 

She said and she gets up by herself even though Sinb offers a hand for her. Then they run away again until they felt exhausted.

 

The guys aren't visible to them anymore but they aren't sure if they are still around. They decided to take a rest and hide on a narrow path on a dark alley.

 

They were both panting, breathing so hard that keeps creating cold steam coming from their mouth, as well as sweating but it feels like not. They both lean on the wall  while resting but then they hear some footsteps coming near. 

 

They went in panick to find a place to hide but there's no place to hide now. Just then their eyes lands on a huge water container beside them. Lucky that it's empty.

 

Left with no other choice, they get inside of it. They covered their mouth to avoid making any kind of noise. 

 

But as soon as they put the cover on top of it. Sinb started to get dizzy, it was too dark and narrow for the two of them. Her head started to ache and she didn't understand why. It seems like it's breaking into pieces.

 

She started to hear a kid singing. She cover her ears and Yuju noticed that Sinb isn't comfortable.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah? Is there a problem? are you fine?" She held Sinb's hands covering her ears.

 

Hearing Yuju's voice, she tries to calm herself up. Then they hear some voices coming from those men.

 

"It seems like they aren't here"

"I'm so exhausted, let's just wait her on that apparent. I'm sure she'll come back there any time"

 

A few minutes later, Yuju peeks outside and they didn't see those men anymore. Sinb gets out first then she helps Yuju to get out.

 

Sinb: "Hey, I'm getting afraid of you. Why are they chasing after you? Did you commit a crime?" She asks as soon as they get out

 

Yuju: "Fool, why would I? Do I look like a criminal?"

 

Sinb: "Honestly, that was my first impression about you. I thought you would kill someone with that face"

 

Yuju: "Ahh really? Then let me kill you first"

 

She then kicks Sinb's leg with the tip of her shoe.

 

Sinb: "Ah! Why did you do that!"

 

She crouches and caress her leg, while worrying that it might leave a bruise.

 

Yuju just laugh seeing her act like that. 

 

Sinb: "Hey, but seriously who are those men? Do you know them?" 

 

Yuju: "They are my grandparent's men. They're just trying to bring me back to that hell house" 

 

Sinb: "So you still have a family? Hey! Don't tell me you're a teenager who ran away from home?"

 

Yuju: "If you're in my situation you would do the same" 

 

She said and she lowered her head, Sinb also noticed the change in her mood

 

Sinb: "What are you planning to do now?"

 

Yuju: "I don't know"

 

Sinb: "Wanna stay in my house for a while, I mean just for this night?"

 

Yuju: "What are you talking about? Why would I stay there?"

 

Sinb: "Didn't you hear? They'll wait till you came back on your apartment. It's okay if you rejects my offer. Unless you wanted to get caught by them or sleep on a road covered with snow?"

 

Yuju: "I'd rather die on a road covered with snow, than to spend a night with you"

 

Sinb: "What are you talking about? Yah, what's going on with that mind huh?" She pushes Yuju's forehead with her index finger 

 

Sinb: "I'm just trying to be kind. And staying is a different thing with spending. Don't act like you  never sleep on my bed before." She added.

 

And even though Yuju keeps acting like she didn't really need Sinb's help. They ended up staying together on Sinb's room.

 

Sinb: "Here's some pillows and blankets, yah don't be too loud while sleeping. I hate loud noises at night"

 

Yuju: "Tsss...who's being loud while sleeping? You even snores in our classroom"

 

Sinb: "Hey, I never did that!"

 

Yuju: "You did, I heard it several times"

 

Sinb: "Aisshhh...yah! I must've been really tired that time! I'll gonna sleep now, don't talk anymore"

 

She then lies on her bed and covers herself on a blanket from head to toe. She secretly smiles before she closes her eyes.

 

She sleeps on her bed while Yuju sleeps on the comforter they placed on the floor beside her bed.

 

They are both sleeping silently, the night was peaceful and no one even creates a snoring sound. Not untill

...

 

"It's not my fault please don't hurt me"

the kid keeps begging the older man not to hurt her, but he still does. He pushes the kid to the wall.

"This kid has never did something right!"

The kid cries and walks out of the room

"Yuna! Come back here!"

the kid runs away through the corridors while crying until she gets bumped to another kid when she makes a turn.

They both fall on the floor

"Are you alright?" The other kid asks while helping her up.

"Why are you crying? Is there a problem?" 

The kid added, but she didn't mind and still runs away

when the kid came back...

"Mom? Dad? No...wake up mom! wake up dad!"

The kid started to cry out loud

"No...this can't be..No!" 

 

"Yuju-ah? Wake up Yuju...wake up!"

 

With that loud voice coming to her ears, Yuju opened up her eyes with tears falling on her cheeks.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah"

 

She said as soon as she saw Sinb holding her arms with her face worriedly looking at her

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah? Are you alright?

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah"

 

She suddenly hugged Sinb and she started to burst out on tears on her arms.

 

Sinb: "Why are you crying? Is there a problem?" She asks while caressing Yuju's back.

 

Sinb: "It must've been a bad dream, stop crying. I'm here, it would be fine."

 

She is about to break the hug to see Yuju's face but Yuju hugged her more tightly.

 

Yuju: "Don't leave me" She begged.

 

Sinb: "I...I won't leave Yuju-ah. I'll always be here so stop crying now okay?"

 

She knows Yuju won't just listen like that, based on her experience before. She thought Yuju remembers her past again with that dream. She decided to sing for her, and gladly it still works for her.

 

Yuju slept on her arms without breaking the hug. She slowly lies Yuju down but her left arm is stucked under Yuju's head so she decided to lie beside her.

 

She looked at her before she closes her eyes.

 

Sinb: "I won't leave you Choi Yuna, I will never do. I will always be by your side."

 

She then lands a soft kiss on Yuju's forehead.

 

They sleep peacefully after that, until their arms moves on it's own way without their own intentions. 

 

The sun rises and Yuju woke up being wrapped around Sinb's protective hug with her chin touching her forehead. And she herself was surprised that her arms were wrapped around Sinb's waist.

 

Yuju: "Why do you have to be like this to me all the time Hwang Eun Bi?" She asks the sleeping girl and she smiles while looking on her face.

 

Yuju: "I wonder why do I feel calm and peaceful being with you, and how you made me laugh and smile like this"

 

She moves her body closer and she tightens her hug on Sinb's waist, while burying her ears on Sinb's chest.

 

Yuju: "This heartbeat...I wanted to feel loved, Can we stay like this?"

 

She asks then she looked again on Sinb's face and then she moves her face closer until her lips touches Sinb's lips.

 

That kiss was soft and fast but enough to make her heartbeat race faster and her eyes widened when Sinb's eyes went open.