Protect

Secret Love Song

The car slowly moves backwards, and few seconds later the engine shuts off. 

 

Yerin: "What should we do now?" She asks after successfully parking the car a few meters away from the old warehouse

 

Sowon: "We both know it's a bait, I know he'll be frustrated if we didn't show up any time soon"

 

Yerin took out her laptop, placing it on her lap

 

["Don't forget at 9 PM. Just you, me and your friend."]

 

Yerin: "I never knew he leaves a message" 

 

That was the first time she read that e-mail but it is already marked as read before she even get to open it. 

 

Yerin: "It's weird though" She sighs and Sowon noticed it.

 

Sowon: "What's wrong?"

 

Yerin: "Nothing...

 

"Mr. Hwang, there's still no one showing up, what should I do now?" 

 

Mr. Hwang: "Just wait a bit more, I'm sure they're already there, just look around. They must be hiding" He said through a phone call.

 

Sowon took a look on her wrist watch and seeing the time, it is already 9:30.

 

Sowon: "Let me check for a while"

 

She took her binoculars, observing the area when she noticed someone is currently standing in front of the warehouse like waiting for something. 

 

Sowon: "Eunha? Why is she here?" She  widened her eyes in surprise right after recognizing that the figure she just saw is Eunha.

 

Yerin: "What! Why would she be here?"

 

She suddenly grabs the binoculars from Sowon's hands to confirm if it really is Eunha.

 

[Yerin: "I'm sorry did I took so long? the cool air sticks on my body and I thought a need of a warm shower" 

Eunha: "It's okay, but are you going anywhere?"]

 

Yerin: "Sh*t!" She hits the steering wheel after realizing what happened. "She must've read that e-mail!" she exclaimed

 

Sowon: "What! Why are you so careless! We should get her, what if they mistaken us for her?"

 

Yerin: "Aisshhh that kid...." She said before she took a look again on the binoculars, trying to observe Eunha while also trying to calm her worries.

 

Same as Sowon, she already wanted to get out of the car but she knows that there might be someone watching them and once she came near Eunha, they will be discovered.

 

Yerin: "Sowon-ah, there's a red lazer point on Eunha's face...does it mean?"

 

They both exchange looks on each other, with the same thoughts running through their mind.

 

Yerin was the first one to broke that contact and quickly realeases her seatbelt as she unlocks the door and was about to get off when Sowon stopped her holding tightly on her arms.

 

Sowon: "He can't see you, you're still a witness to be protected"

 

She said before she opens the car door and quickly gets off. Her feet moves faster as she walks towards Eunha while Yerin was watching her from the car, wishing she could get even more faster.

 

Yerin: "Faster Sowon...please..."

 

She's worried? Yes ofcourse. She wanted to go to Eunha and save her by herself but thinking of the situation, she can't reveal herself yet. She's still the one, closest to Mr. Hwang.

 

She clenches her fist on the steering wheel. She felt a heaviness in her heart with that thought and she hates it. 

 

She wanted to protect her friends but there's a lot of people getting more involved. And she can't do anything right now but to watch the scene whether Sowon and Eunha can be safe.

 

Eunha widened her eyes when she noticed that someone was rushing towards her and it is Sowon. As far as she know, Yerin is the reason why she's there but she saw Sowon instead.

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah"

 

She said to ask the girl why is she there but then Sowon suddenly put her on a protective hug.

 

Right in time, Yerin witnessed that scene and then she heard a gunshot. It isn't that loud but she clearly heard it is a sound of a gunshot.

 

Sowon slightly pushes Eunha as she felt a sting on her right arm.

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah, what's wrong with you?"

 

She's being confused of Sowon's sudden appearance and actions and she wanted to broke the hug but Sowon hugs her even more tight.

 

Sowon: "Let's stay like this for a moment" She said as the cold sweat rushes down her cheeks from her forehead.

 

Sowon wanted to hide and run away but she didn't know where to go. She don't know where the enemies are and she can't go back where Yerin is. She can't reveal her at this moment.

 

Yerin gets off the car and wanted to run over Sowon and Eunha but she saw that they didn't move on their current position. Sowon still hugging Eunha and standing still.

 

She took a look behind her and she saw an old building a few meters away. She observes the old building with Sowon's binoculars and on the third floor she saw a sniper.

 

She can't see the face since it is covered but she is sure that the sniper's target is her friends. She didn't waste any time and she run over to that building.

 

Wearing a cap and a face mask, she runs as fast as she could when on the middle of running, she heard another gunshot.

 

Yerin: "Sh*t! You're dead when I caught you!" 

 

She runs even faster taking the steps of the stairs with a fast pace. She reaches the third floor while panting and breathing so hard. 

 

But as soon as she saw the sniper who is currently focusing on his target. She didn't let him pull the trigger once more and she kicked his face as soon as she gets near him.

 

The sniper who was surprised, stumbles on the floor. 

 

Yerin: "You rascal! I won't let you get off of this!" 

 

She shouted on his covered face and she attacks him locking her arms on his neck, not letting him breath for a while when he suddenly elbowed Yerin's side.

 

He grabs Yerin's arms and threw her upwards down to the floor. Yerin's back almost break with that fall, she never expected he would be that strong. He gets this chance to run away while Yerin struggles to gets up by herself.

 

She wanted to follow and catch the sniper when the thought of Sowon and Eunha came into her mind.

 

Yerin: "Those two..."

 

She decided to rush back to where Sowon and Eunha is. They might need her more right now, she didn't have any idea about what happened to them after hearing those gunshots. All that she know is they need her.

 

She stopped from running towards the warehouse when she saw Sowon inside the car, at the back.

 

Sowon signals her to come inside quickly and Yerin follows as she get her message through hand signals.

 

Yerin: "What happened?" She asks with worries painted all around her face as she enters the driver seat at the car.

 

Sowon's right arm is bleeding a lot and her blood is flowing to the car seat while Eunha is unconsciously lying on her lap.

 

[Eunha: "Sowon-ah, can you please let me go" 

 

Sowon: "You...why did you come here? Do you know how much dangerous it is for being here." She says with her tired voice.

 

Eunha: "I came to follow Yerin, but why isn't she here? And why are you here? What's with the two of you?" 

 

She asks and was about to cry in fears because she can feel that there is really something wrong that was going.

 

Sowon is about to let go of the hug when she heard Eunha sobs. Just then they heard another gunshot and she pulls Eunha down to the ground with her.

 

She fall over Eunha but her hands keeps a support to the ground for her body not to completely fall on her.

 

Though Eunha was afraid to see what happened after hearing a gunshot for the first time, she courageously opens her eyes.

 

She saw Sowon's smile on her, at the same time, she noticed the blood rushes off on Sowon's arm. 

 

Eunha: "B.. blood.." 

 

Her eyes suddenly looked straight upward as in a state of delirium before she lose her consciousness after seeing a blood rushing out from Sowon.]

 

Sowon and Yerin takes Eunha to Yerin's place to let her rest. She haven't regain her consciousness and her body is currently lying on Yerin's bed.

 

Yerin: "Are you sure you're just fine?"

 

She asks after Sowon told her that she have to leave now after taking care of the cut on her arm.

 

Sowon: "This isn't a deep wound, I can handle it. If there is something that you should put your worries on, it is on Eunha. I don't want her to get involve here again Yerin-ah, please remember that Yuju is not the only one we are protecting here. There are also lot of people close to us, we should make sure no innocent life would be in danger because of this"

 

Sowon slightly slammed the door on Yerin's room as she leave because of disappointment. Because she can't handle her emotions well when she undergoes extreme worriedness, sometimes it turns out that she came to act rude and full of anger. 

 

That's the same thing she does when she is worried on her sister, and now on Eunha. No one knows how much she felt after seeing the red lazer point on Eunha's face as she gets to her closer and no one knows how much she is worried until now, thinking of where she is now if she was a bit late.

 


The next day...

 

Yuju didn't get to came home at night since Sinb won't let her go. She decided to stay with her the whole night and went home earlier that morning.

 

As she enter the gate, she was surprised that Sowon was there at the doorway, obviously waiting for her with her arms crossed below her chest.

 

Yuju already knew Sowon would ask her a lot of question. That's why when she noticed the bandage on Sowon's arms, she is the one who first talk.

 

Yuju: "Sowon-ah, when did you get hurt? How did you get that?"

 

Sowon: "Why you didn't came home last night? Where did you stay?" But of course she can't avoid those questions.

 

Yuju bits her lower lips and hesitant to answer since she can't tell Sowon about her and Sinb.

 

Yuju: "Ahhh, you know..I worked overnight so I stayed there since yesterday"

 

Sowon: "Don't bite your lower lips when you tries to lie. I went to that restaurant last night and they said you didn't came. You think you can lie in front of me?"

 

Yuju: "Sowon-ah, I'm tired...I think i need some rest" She excuses herself as she enter the house not minding about what Sowon just said.

 

Sowon: "Don't tell me you stayed on Sinb's house?"

 

Yuju stopped when Sowon guessed it right "Is she as ghost?" She asks in her mind

 

Sowon: "So you really stayed with her? Yuju-ah, I already told you she isn't someone to be trustful? Why won't you just listen? Please control that feelings, please avoid being with her too much especially going to her house, she isn't the only one living there"

 

Yuju: "What's wrong if I stayed there? Or if we became together? You don't even know her."

 

Sowon: "Why won't you just listen? I'm saying this to protect you Yuju-ah"

 

Yuju: "I hate it...."

 

Sowon: "Pardon?"

 

Yuju: "I said I hate it! Why should everyone have to protect me? Why does my actions have to be limited? I wanted to live my own life Sowon-ah. I wanted to live!"

 

Sowon: "Just because of that kid you're acting like that? When did you change thinking only about your feeling Choi Yuna?"

 

Yuju: "It's not that I change Sowon, I'm only being myself now, and this is me. Am I not allowed to feel love?"


Sowon just stares at her as she walks away and gets inside her shared room with Umji.

 

Mr. Hwang: "How are you now?" He asked as he took a sit in front of Sinb who is currently having a breakfast at the dining table.

 

Sinb took a look at him before she answer. Just then she saw a flashback of a man who has a gun on his hands.

 

She shakes her head and Mr. Hwang noticed it

 

Mr. Hwang: "Is there something wrong?" He worriedly asks

 

Sinb took a deep breath as the flashback gone.

 

Sinb: "Nothing.." She answer but her mind is really on a mess right now. There's a lot of questions in her mind about the things she keeps seeing and hearing these days.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Anyway, how's the girl who took a look for you last night? Did she get home safe?"

 

Sinb: "You don't have to worry yourself about her" She said and she take another spoon full of rice in

 

Mr. Hwang: "Do you like her?"

 

Sinb almost got choked with his random questions and chew slowly before she answer on that question.

 

Sinb: "Let's stop acting like we have a close relationship as a father and daughter"

 

She then slams her spoon and fork on the table and as she gets up.

 

Mr. Hwang: "I'm just worried Sinb, you should handle your feelings well. You might get hurt when the time comes and she chose to leave your side"

 

Sinb: "What are you talking about? You can't predict the future and don't think of us like what happened to you and my mom. You don't even know why she leaves you, why she leaves us. So whatever we have now, I will surely take care of it and I will cherish every moment we could have so I won't end up like you"

 


 Author's Note:

I can't think of a nice chapter title so it turns out weird xD I'm going crazy, my colleague will leave us soon and all her task will be passed on me. Gosh I don't know If I'll have a time to write later... I hope I can still... I wanna finish this fanfic soon so your questions will be answered, but I think it will take longer. I'm really sorry guys :( I'll try my best to update as much as I can

- #2