The Secret Love Song

Secret Love Song

Author's Note: Sorry to turn down your expectations in this chapter but this author's note from the very beginning is to inform you guys that there's no Sinju, WonHa or EunRin in this part XD but the title explains everything, so I hope you won't skip this important chapter ^_^ 


 

There was once a 14 year old boy whose at the second year of his highschool. That guy is indeed an ideal type of a person. From personality to looks, including his talent and skills and not to mention his intelligence level. Those things he possessed were just enough to make some of the girls from the school campus found him so much attractive and appealing.

 

But being his lover is a thing that will only  happen in your dreams or your fantasies. A guy like him was so rare to find and even if you found him, good luck if he'll even spare a single glance on an ordinary girl like you.

 

It's not that he's trying to look for a girl on his level or that perfect one to be his... what do we called "forever". 

 

Aside from strict and conservative parents he have, he's just this kind of guy who was more focused on reaching his own dreams to live it on reality, enhancing his skills and improving his gifted talents. Just to be more clear and concise if it's not enough, let's just say that girls aren't part of his interests.

 

His family belongs to an average household and his father's earnings was more enough for their daily expenses and his studies. 

 

His first love was music but back then, his family won't support him financially even though they can, unless it's all about his studies. Because of that, he becomes more creative and he uses his artistic side to earn money through simple pencil sketches requested by some people he knows until he saves enough money to buy himself a guitar.

 

He keeps himself improving day by day. His academic marks goes steady and most of the time is outstanding, he still did some requested sketches to earn extra money if there's a time but during break times or lunch, he will chose to stay at the music room or at the rooftop. Somewhere peaceful enough to devote himself on his music book to compose, arrange music and write songs. 

 

His life cycle was like that until he reaches his last year in highschool. 

 

There was a time during lunch break where he's on his way to the rooftop just to continue his work on a song when he heard a strumming of a guitar. He's already behind the door but he decided to stay still, afraid that he'll cause an unwanted disturbance to whosoever behind that door. 

 

Seems like another amateur composer whose trying to get the right note for its own original masterpiece.

 

But what surprised him more is when a melodic voice started to sing along with the unique sound coming from that guitar. 

 

It makes him more interested on that person behind the door but just when he is about to reach for the door knob, the school bell started to ring informing every students to get back to their respective classrooms. 

 

He didn't even realize how long he has been standing there while listening to that voice and that strumming. He runs away afraid that whoever that person is, caught him and found out that there's someone like him who sneakily listened behind the closed door.

 

Days have passed and he became too busy with his own life. He easily forgot about how amazing it could be to meet that person who have the same passion as him. 

 

Until that certain night where he 's walking downtown and passes by on a town plaza, there's a special event that time and a singing contest was being held.

 

He decided to stay for a while to watch each performance but as time keeps running, he slowly lose his interest.

 

He was about to leave when there's this one girl who caught his attention. 

 

The girl stepped up on the center stage with a guitar hanging on her shoulders. She took a deep breath calming herself from the nervousness she felt. Three seconds later, she started strumming the strings of the guitar under her delicate fingers and from there, her voice started to embrace everyone with the lyrics of her song.

 

"That voice was familiar" the young boy thought.

 

He closes his eyes and opened up his ears to listen to that familiar voice and the way how the chords are being play as well. It takes time until he remember that day, the person behind the door of that rooftop.

 

"Could it be...her?" He asks himself as he opened up his eyes. Time flies like that and he never realized how his eyes were being fixed on that girl.

 

And that's how everything started. He started finding that girl in their school campus and even invited her to join the music club. The girl gladly accepts that offer and a simple handshake sealed the beginning of their long story.

 

"Hwang Sung Jin" The young boy introduces himself.

"Jessica Jung" The girl introduces herself as well.

 

Creating music together until their friendship turns into a young love relationship. Their feelings grew farther for each other as time passes by. They're only finding themselves through music but they never knew they'll found love.

 

They keep their relationship together until young Sung Jin introduces young Jessica to his parents. But knowing that this girl has came from an unknown family and grew up in an orphanage, Sung Jin has never got an approval from his parents.

 

Judging the poor girl that easily, Sung Jin's parents were the first people who comes against him being with person he loves. Several ways have been made to break those two apart including removal of Sung Jin's inheritance and financial support.

 

Being aware of the situation, Jessica decided to end everything and thought that it's better to stay away of Sung Jin's life. She never wished to break a family and she only wanted Sung Jin to go back to his life before she met him.

 

But for Sung Jin, his life was better now with the person he chose to love. Though Jessica keeps running away from him, he's always there to pull her back.

 

The school year is about to end and their graduation is approaching but Jessica keeps avoiding him. Hwang Sung Jin has been depressed those days because of the situation and to overcome the sadness that he felt, he decided to write a song.

 

He expresses his feelings deeply on that song as he wrote every words while preventing his tears to come out through his eyes. He keeps gathering every pieces of his heart back together as he can only say those words through that song. A song for the person he love who has been drifting away but he wanted to keep. Afraid to let go and afraid to live alone with those memories.

 

[Voice]

​​"Even if I only hear your voice I feel like tears will come out"

"I don't have the strength to hang in there yet"

"I feel like I'm going to go crazy seeing you change"

"Bearing your heart that's drifting away"

 

"Even if I turn back coldly, even if I say goodbye"

"You know, me who can't hold on"

"Since if I make it obvious that I'm distressed, your heart might become more difficult"

"I'm scared to even let out a single word"

 

"Don't say those words yet, give me a little time"

"Help me so the times we spent together won't hurt me"

"Don't look at me with those eyes, don't avoid me when I reach out."

"Don't let go of the time we promised"

 

He entitled that song as "Voice" as he voiced out his feelings through it and for the girl he found out through her voice.

 

The night after their graduation, Sung Jin secretly approaches Jessica and gave her a pen recorder where he records the song he wrote and composed. As an exchange, Jessica handed him a letter saying:

 

"Everything has been done and over, It's time to separate ways now Hwang Sung Jin. I'll continue my dreams in creating music and you should follow what your family has set for you, I know it's for your own good and I believe on that. I hope for the best of you and let's end this peacefully, it's time to let go Hwang Sung Jin. Thank you for everything.

Love,
Jessica"

 

After that day, he never heard of Jessica. 

 


Author's Note:

This is part 1 of 2, I decided to divide it into two cause it's too long haha. I will upload it later or tomorrow since I'm still working on it but almost done ^_^ So it's all about Mr. Hwang and Jessica

- #2