Break apart?

Secret Love Song

Like what they have planned ahead of time, Yerin and Sowon met again on that place. But they chose to find a place that was more peaceful where no one can hear them which is near the riverbank.

 

Unlike the childish fight they had before, this night has been more matured and serious conversation.

 

Sowon: "So tell me, tell me what do you know about this recording, and everything you know that happened that night"

 

Sowon started to threw some questions which Yerin attentively answers but skipped the things she is unsure about.

 

Just like what she told Umji, she also told Sowon the same and exact thing. She told her what she heard that night, the gunshots. What she saw that night, the blood and gun in Mr. Hwang's hand. What happened to Sinb, the witness who forgot everything that night. The relationship between Mr. Hwang, Jessica, and Yuju's Dad. Including Jessica as Sinb and Yuju's Mom.

 

Sowon: "This world can be really rough and playful sometimes. Aside from this case, what am I thinking right now is about Sinb and Yuju. What would happen between those two after this."

 

Yerin: "I know..., so I hope you'll understand why we have to hide this from anyone"

 

Sowon: "I understand, but if the truth came out, what would happen then?"

 

She asks but Yerin didn't answer and just thought about it deeply. Being the people who has been close to Yuju when they were younger, both of them knows how priceless Yuju's smile and laughter is right now.

 

The thing they have never seen before, they were both afraid it will fade away soon.

 

Sowon: "Anyway, it is clear that our suspect here is Mr. Hwang. Out of three voices on that recorder, two have been killed and one was alive, who could be the killer then?"

 

Yerin: "But...what should we do now? Should we make him get arrested soon? What about Sinb?"

 

Sowon: "Hey, he can't be just arrested like that. That was just a recording, the suspect can says it was edited or whatsoever. Aside from it, the conversation isn't that clear on who shoots the gun or is there really three people there. We need stronger evidences, like cctv records and the weapon/gun used for the killing or a witness"

 

Yerin: "It's too bad our only witness can't recall anything."

 

Sowon: "She's not the only witness Yerin-ah. You're also a witness, but for now I think we should go to that place, maybe we'll find out something?"

 

Yerin: "That's what I'm also thinking"

 

Sowon: "One more thing Yerin, earlier I've researched some documents about Jessica. I found out that she has never been married to anyone, not even to Yuju's Dad or Sinb's Dad."

 

Yerin: "Really? So that's why the name used in her urn is still Jessica Jung? No wonder"

 

Sowon: "Aside from Jessica, we should also know something about Mr. Hwang. But it is hard to get some information about him, his marriage life or anything. You can go to their house right?"

 

Yerin: "I'm not sure if I still can"

 

Sowon: "Then try it, just try to find something, anything that may help. We're not only solving this case, we should also know the reasons. It is not just a case like any other people, our friends are involved here."

 

Meanwhile on Mr. Hwang's office room. He's re-reading the e-mails he has been receiving that seems like threatening him. He almost crumpled the papers he is holding to as he closed his fist on it.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Don't ever try to play with me" He said on a scary tone before he open a vault under his table.

 

Inside the vault is a picture frame and a gun. He took out the gun and he traces the letters engraved on the handle.

 

"C - H - O - I"  His cold gaze was fixed on it as his eyes started to get red.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Jessica...." He said and he put back the gun inside the vault before he takes out the only picture of Jessica he kept since the day she leaves him and Sinb.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Jessica...this is all my fault, please forgive me for being a coward and a selfish man."

 

He said and the tears on his eyes started to fall as he hugs the picture frame of the girl he loved the most.

 

*flashback

 

Jessica: "Hwang Sung Jin, please help me... I need to get my daughter back" She knelt in front of him, begging for a help

 

Mr. Hwang: "Then you will let her live with us?"

 

Jessica: "But her life is in danger with him, she's too young and innocent to experience those kind of things"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Then you shouldn't have leave her with him at all! After hiding everything from us? you expect me to accept that child?"

 

Jessica: "If you won't let her be with us, then I'll leave"

 

Mr. Hwang: "What are you talking about? You can't just leave like that!"

 

Jessica: "If you won't help me, then I'll find a way to get her, if you didn't want her to stay here. Then I'll leave"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Are you out of your mind? Then how about Sinb?"

 

After that fight, she started to pack her things that night and even though Mr. Hwang tries to stop her, she already decided to leave to get her daughter that she has never get to see or touch since the day she gave birth of her.

 

*end of flashback

 

The next day in school, It is also the same as before. Sowon and Yerin won't talk to each other just like what they normally do. Their papers from the last quiz have been passed back to them.

 

Yerin almost fall on her knees when she saw her score.

 

Yerin: "12/50? What the hell" the first words that came out of .

 

Yerin: "I can't be like this" She thought again of her Dad's condition. "The exam is near though" She whispers

 

"If I still have Eunha to...." She didn't continue what's in her mind instead, she messes up her hair. "UGHHHH!!! This is stressful!"

 

The class continues but she felt sleepy so she decided to take break and wash her face in the rest room.

 

While walking at the corridor, she felt so down about her score, she still thinking about it.

 

Yerin: "When did I ever care about my score in quizes" She shakes her head with that thought.

 

Just then she saw Eunha walking towards her, not literally towards her but her way is towards her.

 

When they notice each other, they decided to shift their eyes to the thin air in front of them and not bother to look on each other. But before Eunha passes by, Yerin suddenly reaches for her hand. Yerin didn't even know why she did that. But Eunha turn around to face her.

 

Eunha: "What are you doing?" She asks and she removes her hands from Yerin's grip

 

Yerin: "I...I didn't mean it"

 

Eunha: "You'll suddenly do something that you didn't mean?"

 

Yerin: "You....let's not be like this. It's been a week that you didn't came for my tutorial. Do you know how much marks I have wasted now?"

 

Eunha: "If you fail, it's your problem now and not mine so don't blame me for that"

 

Yerin: "Aishhh...can't you understand what am I saying? Lets just...Let's just forget that night. Can we?"

 

Eunha can't answer yes with that question and her heart is almost tearing apart. "How could she ask me to just forget that night?"

 

Yerin: "I don't really know what am I doing that time, maybe because of the influence of alcohol but I don't really mean it. Promise"

 

She then lifts her right hand making a promise sign but Eunha still didn't respond and was just staring at her trying to control her emotions. When Yerin noticed that Eunha is still not convinced.

 

Yerin: "I'm really sorry Eunha...but I really need you right now. Please help me, lets be just like before, can we?"

 

Eunha took a deep breath with her request before she answer...

 

Eunha: "Okay, just like before. But please don't make any trouble so our hardwork won't be wasted. Look at your face right now, I know you and Sowon had a fight again"

 

Yerin: "Yah, I'm strong enough though, I won't be beaten up by her just like that"

 

She said proudly, unlike Sowon who didn't want Eunha to know about their fight.

 

Eunha: "So you just admitted that you had a fight with her?"

 

Yerin: "I think I found her as my best enemy. Anyway, I have to go now, I still have a class. So see you later" She said and she waves her hand before she turn around and walks away.

 

Eunha: "Why can't I reject her...am I too desperate just to ber with her?" She said while looking at Yerin's back trying to hold on to her tears. "Do you think I can just forget that night?" And a drop of tear started to fall as she turn around and walks her way.

 

Just like the other day, after the class ended, Sinb walks Yuju to the same streets again. Laughing and teasing each other, they walks hand in hand and they never care about what was happening around them. Seems like they are the only people in this world. But without them knowing, there are lots of eyes around them.

 

A few meters away is a car following them from behind which they have never noticed. Aside from that car, there was also another eye looking at them. Umji keeps herself hidden while following the two even though she knows that their destination is her home.

 

Umji: "Why are they like this? Are they together now? This can't be" She said to herself.

 

After Sinb and Yuju parted their ways on a junction, Umji suddenly pops out in front of SInb.

 

Sinb: "U..Umji, you're here?" She said in a surprised voice.

 

Umji: "Ah, yeah. Cause this is my way home right?"

 

Sinb: "Ah, I see."

 

Umji: "But what are you doing here?"

 

Sinb: "Ah, I...I'm just going to visit you. I missed you Umji-ah"

 

She smiles at her before she hugs the girl who is a bit shorter than her. But Umji broke the hug and her face started to be more serious.

 

Umji: "Sinb-ah, I saw you and Yuju."

 

Sinb: "Ah, Yuju......."

 

Umji: "Sinb-ah, don't tell me you two are already together? I mean are you dating?"

 

Sinb: "Umji-ah, why would you think like that?"

 

Umji: "I'm just afraid Sinb, If it happens. What about Yerin?"

 

Sinb: "Yerin-unnie? Why? what does she have to do about it?"

 

Umji: "You still didn't know? Yerin-unnie likes Yuju. Sinb-ah, if you two are already together, What about Yerin? how about your friendship?"

 

Sinb: "Yerin-unnie likes her?"

 

"Yerin-unnie likes Yuju" Those words keeps repeating in her mind and she can't thought of anything aside from it.

 

"Am I really that naive? Why I haven't noticed it before?" She said into her mind. 

 

Sinb: "Don't worry Umji, don't think like that. It's not like I like her or we're together, we're just...we're just friends"

 

It's true that their relationship is still not confirmed between them but she felt hard to tell those words. That they were just friends.

 

Umji: "Really?"

 

Sinb just nods for it and looks at Umji with a reassuring smile.

 

As Yuju walks in ther room, Sowon finds this chance to have a talk with her.

 

Sowon: "How's your stay here Yuju?" She suddenly asks while leaning her back at the wall beside the door.

 

Yuju: "Oh? You're here? you surprised me. Anyway it's nice to be here. Your sister is so much fun to be with."

 

Sowon: "Really? Then how about that kid who always walks you here?"

 

Yuju: "Who? Ah, you mean Sinb? Why?"

 

Sowon: "Do you like her?"

 

Yuju: "What? Why are you suddenly so curious about it?"

 

Sowon: "Nothing...I'm just worried about you Yuju.It seems like you're giving your trust to anyone just like her"

 

Yuju: "Don't worry. you know I won't just trust anyone"

 

Sowon: "Good then, but I doubt your feelings about her"

 

Yuju: "Why? what's the matter with it?"

 

Sowon: "I don't trust her Yuju. You also know me, I know who are trustful and not"

 

Yuju: "Just tell me straightly what you wanted to say Sowon-ah. You don't like her for me right?"

 

Sowon: "That's right, good that you get my point. She isn't someone to be trustful Yuju"

 

Yuju: "Sowon-ah, I know how much you care about me. But it doesn't mean you can control whom I wanted to be with or not"

 

Sowon: "That's why I'm telling you this. I don't want you to get hurt Yuju-ah. So if you ever fall in love with her, then it would be the end of us. You better chose"