Lucky or Not?

Secret Love Song

That day, Sowon and Eunha must have been blessed by the goddess of Luck (Song Jihyo). After sending Eunha back to her home, Sowon also got back home safe and sound.

 

What happened? There's no much need of an explanation cause it just happened by a pure luck. The trigger of the timer that Mr. Park attached to Sowon's carbreaks just simply didn't work. 

 

Mr. Hwang: "Scoundrel! That was just a simple task and you failed again!" He shouted through a phone call. He was really disappointed.

 

Mr. Park: "I'm sorry okay? It's not like I'm doing this task only for you. I'm also defending myself since we'll be together on a prison cell when you've been caught" He said while hiding himself on a vacant lot in front of Sowon's house.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Then do it right!"

 

Mr. Park: "Don't worry cause I'm in front of their house, I'll try to make it work out and I'll lower the trigger to 30 km per hour."

 

After hanging up, he makes sure no one will see him before he went under Sowon's car to do his work.

 

The time passes by and Sowon didn't get enough sleep because of some discussions with the police officers regarding the plan for Mr. Hwang's arrest.

 

It is exactly 6:00 A.M. when Yerin arrived to Sowon's house wearing her school uniform. She parked her car in front of Sowon's car.

 

Yerin: "Good morning Aunt" She greeted Umji's mom as soon as she enter the house.

 

Joo Hyun: "Oh? Yerin, did you came for Umji? She's still on her room, sleeping i guess...Are you supposed to go to school this early? Should I wake her up?" Umji's mom is too caring and seems to ask every details about her daughter, including her daughter's friend.

 

Yerin: "Ah, no need. I came here to see Sowon instead."

 

Joo Hyun: "Sowon? You two are close?" She asks

 

Yerin: "Actually we're not that close but we're classmates" 

 

Joo Hyun: "Classmates? Aigooo...those kids never told me. Am I too annoying asking too much questions? I'm sorry then" She suddenly realized.

 

Yerin: "It's okay aunt, that's what parents do" She smiled. "My father does it often, and he always ask every single thing"

 

Joo Hyun: "I see..."

 

Their conversation is about to take longer when Sowon walks out from her room and she saw Yerin at the living room with Umji's mom

 

Sowon: "Yerin-ah" She called her attention.

 

​​​​​Joo Hyun: "Oh, there she is"

 

Sowon: "Come in" She signals Yerin to come in as she opens her door wider.

 

Yerin: "Excuse me aunt" She excuses herself before coming in to Sowon's room as a show of respect.

 

Umji: "Hi unnie" She greeted Yerin as soon as Sowon closes the door.

 

Yerin: "What are you doing here?" She asks

 

Umji: "I'm still part of the plan, do you want to kick me out?"

 

Yerin: "It's not like that, your mom thought you're sleeping on your room"

 

Umji: "It's still a secret from her though. Anyway, Eunseo is also coming"

 

Sowon: "Yerin, did you bring the evidence?"

 

Yerin: "Ofcourse, I already compiled it on my laptop" 

 

Sowon: "Lets check and review it for awhile"

 

Every minute becomes important to them, Sowon and Yerin is reviewing the evidences from the hidden cams and recorders while Umji is packing up their things. When everything seems ready...

 

Sowon: "Umji, Yerin... You're ready?" She asks, looking at the two.

 

Umji: "I think you two should go first, I'll wait here for Eunseo and follow after the arrest. Let's just see each other at the station"

 

Sowon: "How about you, Yerin?"

 

Yerin: "I...." She hesitates

 

Sowon: "I see you're hesitation"

 

Yerin: "It's just that because we're doing this without informing Sinb, and besides we have a final exam" She brought up the final exam and two suddenly realized it, the fact that the sisters both forgot about the final exam.

 

Umji: "Omg...I really forgot about it" 

 

Sowon: " that exam, this is more important" She said and it makes the three laugh.

 

But Yerin felt really guilty that her vow to pass that exam is impossible now. And she felt more sorry to Eunha who have been there for her, this case is more important to her.

 

Sowon and Yerin walks out of the house and proceed on their own cars, but when Sowon get to open her car...

 

Yerin: "Mind to hop in my car today? Let's try to lessen traffic pollution."

 

With that offer, Sowon agrees and both ride on Yerin's car. Once again, Sowon was saved from danger. How lucky she is.

 

In the middle of the ride, they passes by a car. That car was so fast and it caught Yerin's attention. There she thought it was a bit of familiar.

 

Yerin: "Isn't it Eunseo's car? Why is she driving that fast?" She asks herself while Sowon is just hearing her out.

 

10 minutes later, Umji walks out of the house when her mom told her to buy some eggs for their breakfast.

 

Umji: "Why does she have to ask me buy something at this moment" She said to herself, getting irritated as she walks fast to the nearest store to make things quick.

 

As soon as she gets back to their house, she saw Eunseo in front of their gate, panting and sweating a lot.

 

Umji: "Eunseo? What happened? Did you run all the way here?" She asks when she sees no car aside from her sister's car.

 

Eunseo: "I was driving fast to get here when my engine suddenly won't work. That's why I run just to get here" She tries to explain in between of her heavy breathing.

 

Umji: "We're not in a hurry, you shouldn't have run at all"

 

Eunseo: "But why aren't you answering my call!" She almost shouted.

 

Umji: "Are you mad or what? My mom asks me to buy some eggs and I left my phone on my room"

 

Eunseo gets even more frustrated and she took the tray of eggs from Umji's hand and she thew it to the ground.

 

Eunseo: " that eggs!" She shouted angrily.

 

Umji: "Yah! Those are my mom's eggs! What do you think you're doing!"

 

Eunseo: "I'm in the middle of driving here and my car just broke when I got a news that Yuna is on her way to airport now! I'm trying to call you but you aren't answering just because of these eggs!" 

 

Umji: "What? Did you just said Yuju is on her way to airport? Why? Is she going overseas?" 

 

Eunseo: "Do you need more explanation? I'm sorry, I never knew it has to be today. I tried to contact Sinb but she isn't answering, but we should stop Yuju"

 

Umji: "I know, wait for me here I'll gonna get my phone."

 

She rushed to her room to get her phone and then to Sowon's room to get her duplicate car keys. But on her way out, her mom caught her.

 

Joo Hyun: "Yewon? Where are you going? Did you already buy eggs?"

 

Umji: "I'm sorry mom but I accidentally dropped the eggs in front of the gate, I'll gonna go buy another tray. I'll promise to come back soon" She promised raising her right hand.

 

Joo Hyun: "Okay then..." She let her go but she suddenly felt uneasy. Her heart suddenly beats faster than usual and she knows that what she feel isn't just right. 

 

When Umji went out, she immediately dialled Yerin's number which was answered on a few seconds.

 

Umji: "Unnie, where are you now?"

 

Yerin: "We're still on our way to Sinb's house, police officers are also on their way."

 

Umji: "Unnie, did you already passed by on Incheon Airport?"

 

Yerin: "Not yet, we're a bit of stacked on a traffic. Why? What's with the airport thing?"

 

Umji: "Unnie, The truth is Yuju is on her way to the airport now and according to Eunseo, her flight is on 8:00 a.m. We have to stop them from sending Yuju out unnie but we can't make it there."

 

After hearing the news, Yerin's mind is now in a complete chaos.

 

Yerin: "What should I do Sowon? Umji says Yuju is on her way to airport, we can't let her go." Then she thought of Sinb. "This can't be, Sinb might have need her later. She will gone crazy if she found out about Yuju"

 

Thinking of the situation, the intersection in front of them tells a different fate. The right direction is the way to Sinb's house and the left one is at the airport.

 

Sowon: "Then go, I'll go with the police officers for the arrest and you'll go catch Yuju's flight. I'm sure Yuju didn't like to go either."

 

That idea was great and they settled with it, Yerin passes the steering wheel to Sowon and she immediately run out of the car to find a taxi, chasing the time again.

 

It is already 7:30 a.m when she left her car to Sowon and she only have 30 minutes left. Praying for the last time, a taxi finally stopped in front of her.

 

Meanwhile, Umji and Eunseo are already in Sowon's car. Both are fixing their seatbelts and Umji is ready to turn the engine on when they suddenly heard a click sound from the cardoor at the back.

 

Umji took a look at the dashboard mirror and she saw Eunha opening the door and she takes the seat at the back

 

Umji: "Eunha? You surprised me, what are you doing here? When did you came?" She asks curiously as she faces her.

 

Eunha: "Why is everyone missing at the school campus? Sinb isn't there, Yerin too, including Sowon and You"

 

Umji: "We have some errands to do, can you get out of here?" She patiently asks

 

Eunha: "How about exam?"

 

Eunseo rolled her eyes because of Eunha's interruption.

 

Eunseo: "Excuse me, didn't you hear what she said? We have some errands to do and it's more important than that exam, why don't you just go back to your school and take it by yourself?"

 

Eunha: "Important than exam? Do you even know how much preparation Yerin have done for this?"

 

Umji: "You two stop it...Eunha, I know how important is that examination for Yerin but there is really more important thing we should do, life is involved here and I hope you understand"

 

Eunha: "Where is she?"

 

Umji: "I can't tell you"

 

Eunha: "Then I'll go with you"

 

Umji: "Eunha...."

 

Eunseo: "Umji-yah, we can't waste time talking to this girl. Just drive this car now if she didn't want to go"

 

Eunha just crossed her arms on her chest, didn't really want to leave the car. And because of that, Umji has left with no other choice but to drive with Eunha at the back and Eunseo on her side.

 

No one knows their fate, no one knows what would happen next. But no matter what happens, one thing is for sure...the moment you get to open your eyes in this world, this place is already cruel and it would be more cruel as you come into ages.

 

There are things that was happening around us yet we didn't understand why, and there are times you would ask..."What have I done to deserve this cruelty?" 


 

Author's Note:

A sudden turn of events hihi now we have Umji, Eunha and Eunseo. Is it the time to show who will made it to the end?

I know you've been dying for Mr. Hwang's arrest, don't worry, the next chapter will tell everything about their fate. I'll drop it soon

- #2