See You Once

Secret Love Song

Under the heat of a dazzling sunlight, Yuju and Yerin had gone so far from those men chasing after them. Recharging their energy by catching up their breath as they run out of air from their lungs is the first thing they do when they took a break on a narrow path before wiping out the tremendous sweat from their faces.

 

But laughing on each other as the next thing they do in this kind of situation is a kind of hard to understand why.

 

Yerin: "You're laughing?" 

 

Yuju: "It's been a long time since I run like that, those bodyguards are freaking slow" 

 

Yerin: "There's no way to go back now, let's go and find a place for you to stay" 

 

Though they succeeded on finding a room on a second class hotel by using Yerin's card, name and number, Yuju's face is still hidden through the hood of her sweater jacket while making their way on the corridors until they get inside the room.

 

Yerin: "You can stay here for a while, feel free to do anything but you can't go out. You should be careful"

 

Yuju: "I know it well" She replies shortly and her eyes started to roam around, checking the features of the room.

 

A kitchen with a complete set of utensils, the fridge was even full of fruits and beverages. A living room which is minimal but have a wide flat screen television attached to the wall and a bedroom which looks totally luxurious with a chandelier hanging on the ceiling.

 

Yuju: "I wonder if a single balance on my account will be even visible on the next day if I stay on this place even just for one night"

 

Yerin: "This place isn't overpriced like what you think, at least you're safe here."

 

Yerin was supposed to leave after finding Yuju a place to stay but the sweat on her body tells a different thing to do. 

 

Since Yerin is the one who paid for the room, Yuju allows her to use the bathroom for a while.

 

Yuju still got no idea of what was happening to the world she is right now. She's starring at the black screen of the television while thinking of some reasons and why's.

 

She's aware that there's something happening outside of that room but she just couldn't figure out what and she can't find an answer by just thinking about it, until she found herself thinking of this one person again. "Hwang Eun Bi" 

 

Yuju: "That girl who doesn't even show up until now, she's dead when I see her" She eagerly said.

 

She admits it, she felt a teaspoon of madness towards Sinb. She doesn't hear anything about her and she doesn't show up during those days she've been waiting for her. 

 

But even though the situation was like that, she still wanted to see her so bad and she was really grateful for Yerin's appearance at the airport.

 

She never noticed how her hand managed to automatically reach for the remote control and she turn the T.V. on. Switching from channel to channel without having a thought of anything to watch. Her mind is into something else until a news report grabbed her attention. 

 

[ "A 10 year old murder case, still finding it's road to justice"]

It was written on the headline

["Earlier this morning, one of the rising Construction industry's major stock holder Mr. Hwang Sung Jin has been arrested as the main suspect of a 10 year old murder case..."]

 

Yuju: "Hwang Sung Jin? His name was a bit of familiar" She thought

 

[ "The 10 year old murder case is about the murder of an unknown woman and Mr. Choi Jin-Young, the late son of the chair person of SK Entertainment]

 

Yuju: "Choi Jin-Young?" Asking herself although she's already sure that this Choi Jin-Young who's the late son of the chairman of SK ent. is definitely her father. Her mind suddenly gives a 100% of her attention on the news.

 

["The death of a non celebrity woman who was rumoured to have a relationship with Mr. Choi Jin-Young and his death was believed to happen due to a third party issue but everything was denied and stated false by the SK Entertainment way back on 2007.

But today, a police officer stated that "Evidences were submitted and pointed out Mr. Hwang as the suspect for the crime but what happened during those events can't be proven by those evidences, Mr. Hwang is still under the interrogation process and he hasn't admitted anything yet..."]

 

Seems like she found the answer for all the things that causes a silent disturbance on her mind. But everything for her is still hard to process and hard to understand.

 

Yuju: "Hwang Sung Jin"

 

She thought of that name again, the news she heard was already too much revealing but that man's name was a lot to concern.

 

Yuju: "He can't be Sinb's dad...right?" She whispers to herself as those tears started to form on her eyes.

 

Just when Yerin walks out of the bathroom after finishing her short bath, she saw Yuju already shedding tears while holding tighly on her chest.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah! What's wrong?" She asked while rushing her way to Yuju. 

 

She noticed the television was on but she didn't bother to mind. She's trying to calm Yuju that time by softly patting her back and continues on asking the reason for those tears.

 

Just then another news flash has appeared on the television and this time, Yerin's attention was caught by it.

 

["Jointly connected to the 10 year old case, A major car accident have occurred this morning just right after Mr. Hwang's arrest."]

 

Yuju stopped herself from crying by hearing another news, hoping to know more about her past that she never knew.

 

["According to a police report, a car which was driven by a student was seen heading straight and fine until the car run into a school zone, a lot of students were passing by that time and a CCTV footage shows that the car tries to avoid passing on that road making a sudden U-Turn but a car from the latter lane wasn't able to avoid them which causes a great clash at the back bumper. 

Seems like everything was just an accident due to loosen breaks but after the investigation, the police officers discovers a foul play and found out that a trigger was attached to the car break causing it to loosen.

The car was originally owned by an under cover who helped for the investigation of the 10 year old murder case that's why the police officers are now trying to connect the dots of these incidents and on the move for the further process of investigation.

The three students who was carried by the car are believed to be innocent victims and were all admitted to a hospital to receive their treatments. Choi Eunseo, the daughter of SK Entertainment's COO is one of those students, she already received a treatment for her injuries and is now on her conscious mind, same as the other student who drove the car that time. But unfortunately the other student who was sitting at the back is still unconscious and was transferred to the ICU and still under observation...."]

 

After watching the news and seeing the image of the car after the collision, Yerin found herself lost and hearing those loud thud coming from her chest. That car belongs to Sowon and earlier that morning, she remembered how she offered a ride for her.

 

Yerin: "Is it my fault?" She asks herself and Yuju turned an attention to her.

 

Yuju: "Yerin-ah, about that case 10 years ago...tell me the truth, do you know anything about it?" 

 

Eager to know about the answer but Yerin was just looking at her without any words coming out of , she don't even know how to respond on Yuju's question. She never thought there's a news to come out and now that Yuju found it out, she's more worried if it's a good thing or not.

 

Yerin: "Can i excuse myself first? I have to make a call to Sowon right now"

 

Taking out her phone, she immediately dialled Sowon's number even though her hand is shaking. Feeling guilty for that accident that causes three people to suffer but she never knew Eunha is the other one.

 

Yerin: "Sowon-ah i heard about the accident, hows umji and eunseo?"

 

Sowon: "They're both fine now, just taking some rest and recovering from their injuries. I was about to call you, how about Yuju?"

 

Yerin: "I found her and she's with me now, thanks God they're in good now" She mutters deeply as her heart felt relieved knowing that those kids are now fine.

 

Sowon: "Mind to know about Eunha?" She knows Yerin doesn't have any idea about Eunha when she said that, but at least to inform her.

 

Yerin: "Wh-what about Eunha? What does she have to do?"

 

Sowon: "It happens that she's inside that car when the accident happen. How does she end up there is still a question, but her situation is the worst here. She haven't woke up yet"

 

Hearing about the news that almost tear her heart into pieces, it left her speechless until the connection between her and Sowon was cut off.

 

Didn't bother to think twice, she runs out of the room leaving Yuju with a reminder to not go out alone until she came back.

 

Running along the corridor before the ICU, Yerin met Sowon on her way.

 

Yerin: "Sowon, where is she? How is she?" She's trying to look calm but her eyes tells how much she felt worried. But with her question, Sowon just lowered her head.

 

Sowon: "She'll woke up soon, you can trust my words" She said while tapping Yerin's arms.

 

But those words isn't enough for Yerin. Dying to see Eunha's condition by herself, she makes her way to her room until she gets blocked by the closed doors of the unit.

 

Sowon: "She's under observation, we can't get in for now" She explained.

 

She can sympathize how Yerin felt right now cause that's the same for her. She can't see eunha on that condition and how she wished she was the one on that car and lying on that hospital bed right now.

 

Yerin: "This stubborn kid" She didn't notice how her tears fell on her cheeks by just looking on Eunha's condition through the glass door.

...

Sinb is on her way back after buying some snacks from the hospital canteen, snacks that was enough for Sowon and herself. Patiently waiting for the elevator to stop on her current location which is 3rd floor.

 

But when the elevator door went open, the sight of the person in front of her stopped her from coming in.

 

Yuju, the person she's been longing is now a few steps in front of her yet she can't even move her feet to come near her.

 

In her mind, how can she even get near the person whose parents were both killed by her father.

 

Same goes with Yuju, the person she loved the most is now in front of her. The daughter of a killer, the daughter of the person who killed her parents.

 

The elevator door in now closing, both are just standing and the sight of each other is getting fewer.

 

Not until a hand stopped it from fully closing. It's Yuju, she then makes her way to Sinb giving a tight hug on her waist and her head lying on Sinb's chest, hearing the heartbeat that she missed the most.

 

While Sinb was there, surprised by Yuju's action. She wanted to run and hide herself with the thought of how her father ruined Yuju's life but Yuju's hug somehow makes her feel like she just wanna stay despite of the situation. She wanted that warm hug more than anything right now.