Year worth of Happiness

Secret Love Song

It was 7 o'clock in the morning when the sunlight fully brightens up the room through the glass windows where the undoubtedly perfect view of the ocean is visible.

 

The birds chirping with the fresh morning breeze, dried leaves falling from the various trees surrounding the rest house and the sounds of waves coming from the ocean just a few feet away. Some of the nature's voice on a peaceful morning from the outside.

 

Everything seems alive and awake yet these two human beings from the inside are still on the same position since they spent and sleep under the safe and sound night on each other's warmth while cuddling on each other. 

 

Yuju's head is still resting between Sinb's arms and chest. She woke up earlier but she didn't bother to wake up the latter with her arms still wrapped around her partner's waist, she would love to watch how Sinb sleeps soundly after a long and tiring night they had. 

 

She decided to stare on Sinb's morning face for a while until she gets to open up her eyes.

 

A few more minutes later...

 

"Good morning Hwang Eun Bi" 

 

A soft and sweet melodic voice welcomes Sinb's morning as she opened up her eyes, still half asleep and trying to prevent her eyes from automatically closing back until a soft kiss lands on her lips.

 

Waking up on a roof hearing that "Good morning" through Yuju's voice was just a dream before and now that it happened, Sinb thought that her life was more worthy to live.

 

She responded with a smile and she pulled Yuju's body closer for a tighter hug.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, you'll suffocate me with this"

 

She tries to pull away but Sinb won't let go, instead she tightened that hug even more.

 

Sinb: "It's too cold though" She acted like complaining while pouting out her lips.

 

Yuju: "Uhmmm...that's why I told you to wear something more comfortable for a cold night before you sleep"

 

She breaks the heating up eye contact with Sinb after saying those sweet words that she isn't used to do.

 

Sinb: "Your body's warmth that was this close on mine was just enough but it's really getting colder, should we make it warm again?" She teasingly asks with a smirk on her face.

 

Yuju who was taken a back of Sinb's request pushes the latter and went off the bed, pulling the blanket with her as a cover.

 

Yuju: "Mind to know we're still minor Hwang Eun Bi!" She scolded "Once is enough, don't be too greedy" 

 

She put a glare on Sinb's eyes before she picks up her clothes that was left scattered on the floor and proceeds to the bathroom on a speed of light but not forgetting to lock it.

 

She slaps her face several times, her face that was totally reddened becomes worst as she tries to contain her feelings.

 

Yuju: "That Hwang Eun Bi...is this what she wanted for running away?" She asks while facing the mirror. "That ert" 

 

Sinb can just laugh on how Yuju keeps talking to herself inside the bathroom. Hearing that echoing voice through the bathroom door.

 

Sinb: "Why is she calling me a ert? She also wanted it though" She whispers to herself while shaking her head.

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah since you're already there, you can take a bath now and change your clothes into these new one"

 

She settles the new clothes on a hanging bar beside the bathroom door after informing her.

 

Totally forgetting everything they leave in Seoul as they run away together and flew to Jeju Island. Yuju has been confused and asking herself of the reason why they have to leave despite of the situation but she never had regrets of being with Sinb right now.

...

Sowon: "You contacted them already?" She asks as soon as she lets Yerin inside their house.

 

Yerin: "I guess both of them had their phone turned off"

 

Sowon: "I guess those two runs away"

 

Yerin: "We're not even sure if they're together or this is someone's doing"

 

After Sinb has been missing the whole day after the news on her father, Yuju can't be found at the hotel either. 

 

Yerin decided to ask for Sowon's help and the two keeps brainstorming the whole day and night, thinking of where Sinb and Yuju could possibly go or this is someone else's evil doing.

...

Yuju: "Sinb, it won't connect"

 

She complains when the lock of her helmet won't fix together.

 

Sinb: "Let me check it"

 

She's on the midway of fixing her protective gears when she leave it to help Yuju out.

 

After fixing everything, they both settled on each cart racing vehicle.

 

Sinb: "You're ready?" She asks on a competitive tone.

 

Yuju: "Don't underestimate me Hwang Eun Bi, I'll show you what a real fast ride means" She replied raising her eyebrows.

 

Sinb: "You already showed me...last night I think?" 

 

Yuju: "Yah! Like seriously?" 

 

She's almost done with Sinb's non ending teasing when the flag in front of them swings down, indicating that they have to start now.

 

They almost spent an hour for that friendly race and both enjoyed how things are going through. Getting into the competition between just the two of them on the race track.

 

They're both done with the romantic things and just decided to try sports like racing since both have loved the presence of extremes exempting the heights for Yuju's sake.

 

But accidents must be too attracted to them. Yuju becomes too hyped up and she loses control on her cart resulting on crashing through the compiled tires beside the track. Her cart stops automatically after that.

 

Sinb immediately stops from driving and gets off of her cart to check her girlfriend. Her worries grew faster than Yerin's feelings for Eunha though.

 

Sinb: "I told you be more careful, being careful is part of a competition" She scolded while helping Yuju to get out of her cart. 

 

Yuju: "I'm not hurt anywhere, those are just tires though" She reason out

 

Sinb: "Still, you should be more careful when I'm not with you" 

 

Yuju: "That's why you should never leave, I know you're just here near me that's why I care less..." 

 

Sinb: "Uhhh...okay, you know I'm keeping an eye on you that's why you're so reassured for your safety?" She held Yuju's hands and leads the way to the exit.

 

Yuju: "We're leaving now?" Curiously asking.

 

Sinb: "Let's try other things, you're so stubborn" She continues scolding while dragging Yuju out.

 

Yuju: "But I'm enjoying it" She protests, still want to continue the race.

 

Sinb: "There's a lot of things to try here, let's try everything okay?"

 

Yuju just nods but in the end she liked and enjoyed everything they tried.

 

Just for example, wall climbing which sores their body a little, ride together on a horse back, crosses over two parallel mountains through a zipline which Yuju hated at first but enjoyed in the end. 

 

For the finale that day, Sinb gives way for Yuju's request. 

 

Yuju: " I really want to try that cable car, they said it travels for a kilometer away."

 

Sinb: "Aren't we going home yet? It's getting darker now, isn't it going to rain?"

 

It's almost dark even though it's only 5 pm, blame the dark clouds which seems to release a heavy rain any time soon.

 

But Yuju keeps using her charm, how can Sinb even refuse that simple request from that girl who seems too stubborn that day. 

 

After settling themselves on a cable car, Yuju keeps squealing while enjoying the view and the fresh air. She's indeed afraid of heights but having Sinb on her side, that phobia has been set aside for awhile.

 

Both became too quiet on the remaining distance before they reach the other point, maybe the whole day was exhausting and they both find it relaxing by just setting themselves on a comfortable silence.

 

But then it started to rain. Instead of a disturbance, Yuju find it quite better with the sound of raindrops. She leans on Sinb's arms and reaches for her hands, filling the spaces between those fingers with hers.

 

Yuju: "Sinb?"

 

Sinb: "Hmmm?"

 

Yuju: "I really wanted to ask you a question, but I just feel like I shouldn't"

 

Sinb: "And why is that?"

 

Yuju: "I felt guilt for those people we leave, but at the same time I feel happy. This is the first time I felt a complete happiness for a whole day, without any interruption. With just only you and me"

 

Sinb: "We're not completely leaving everything, but we deserve a day of happiness isn't it?"

 

Before their conversation goes deeper, they already reached the endpoint without even noticing. 

 

A staff just came to help them out and that was when they finally realize what they should be doing now which is getting off on that cable car.

 

It's still raining when they took a cab to get back to the rest house they rent but the rain has stopped when they reached there. 

 

They quickly runs inside to dry themselves. And after changing their clothes, Sinb started to dry her hair with a blower while Yuju follows as well. 

 

The night was quick to pass and it's already 10:00 pm, they were about to sleep and was already settled on the bed when Sinb caught the smell of the sea breeze.

 

She can't help but to get up silently. She frees herself from Yuju's hug as well as making sure she won't wake her up.

 

She walks near the sea with her arms crossed below her chest due to the cold breeze. She stopped and standing still as she looked on the visible darkness, there's no stars that time since it rained and the moon doesn't even shows up. 

 

She took a deep sigh for going out just to find a boring sight. The view was totally great when the sun was there but with a night without the moon and stars that lights up the darkness, she felt it was lifeless.

 

But while standing there alone, she suddenly felt a warm hands slowly wrapping on her waist from the back and soft touch of a lips on the space between her neck and her shoulder.

 

Sinb: "I thought you're already sleeping"

 

Starting with those words without a need to ask whose that person behind her, with that scent, that touch and that kiss. She knows probably who owns those doings behind her.

 

Yuju: "You came here alone, I thought you're not leaving me?"

 

Sinb: "Can't you live without seeing me for a minute?" She teases.

 

Yuju: "Okay, then stay there as much as you want without asking me there" 

 

She sat on the slightly wet sand and started sulking.

 

Sinb: "Acting too much like a kid?"

 

Yuju: "Naaah~~~ don't talk to me, just act like I'm invisible since you just wanted to be alone"

 

Sinb sits beside her but she turned away and continues with her childish act.

 

Sinb: "I guess you can't just sleep without me on the bed right?"

 

Yuju: "Yah! Stop thinking dirty!" She automatically slaps Sinb's lap, she just didn't get to control herself. 

 

Sinb: "Ouch...it hurts!" She complains while rubbing the slapped part of her thighs, getting worried it will bruise because of her sensitive skin.

 

Yuju saw it and slightly rubs it with her hands to reduce the pain, feeling guilty.

 

Yuju: "Mianhae~~~ just don't tease me with that cause it's already clear that I'm yours and you're mine, okay?"

 

Sinb: "Okay then" She respond while nodding.

 

They both reduce the space between them by getting closer beside each other. Sinb keeps playing with Yuju's hands until Yuju started to speak up.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, I'm really curious and confused of this but I want to know your reason for running away"

 

Sinb already knows that Yuju would ask her that question, her face was still calm when she gave her the answer.


Sinb: "You remember what I told you before? The first time we share a time under the night sky in front of the sea?"


Yuju: "What was that? How can I possibly remember it?"

 

Sinb: "I told you this before; It was fun today, But bad things always happen. We just have to prepare for it everyday"

 

Those words are familiar to her ears and she thought that's exactly what Sinb told her before.

 

Yuju: "Maybe I do, so what does it mean?"

 

Sinb: "As I told you, we're not completely running away. We still have to prepare for a war but sometimes we have to take a break, And I want to spend that break with you at most. "

 

There's a complete silence for a minute before Yuju gives a reply. Slowly understanding everything, she was glad that Sinb found herself to fight and live for her but she was also afraid that happiness they had will soon end. 

 

Yuju: "Thank you Hwang Eun Bi, for running away with me."

 

She thought those words are just enough, just enough as she hugs the girl beside her tightly not even planning to let go.

 

Sinb: "Yuju? The night is getting deeper, not planning to sleep yet?" She asks with Yuju's arms still wrapped tightly around her waist and her head burried on her chest.

 

Yuju: "I'm not sleepy yet"

 

Sinb: "Then you want me to tell you some story? To make you fall asleep?"

 

Yuju: "Just be sure it's not a horror, then what story is it?" 

 

Sinb: "It's not a horror though Uhmm...It's a secret love story, it's the story behind the song you always used to sing. Should I call this story A Secret Love Song"