Breathless

Secret Love Song

As Sowon gets off the car to check out for Yerin, she noticed an unusual movement on the seashore from her peripheral.

 

Turning her head towards that direction to check if she's seeing it right.

 

Sowon: "The yacht" She mumbled.

 

The yacht has been moving out and whatever the reason is, Sowon already have this instinct that it must be an escape plan.

 

Being curious of what Sowon sees, Yuju who just walks out of the car also turns her attention towards the seashore where Sowon's eyes landed on.

 

Yuju: "Sowon, it's the yacht he uses to bring us here."

 

Sowon got surprised with Yuju's voice, she forgot about looking out for her and making sure she won't leave the car. But the situation right now is what they should stop to happen. They can't let Hyun-Suk escape just like that with Sinb on his hands.

 

Although the police officers are still busy inside the establishment, Sowon reported it on time and a planned action has been ordered by her father. But Yerin is still nowhere to be found.

 

Sowon: "Where on earth are you Jung Yerin, please pick up the call." She said to herself while continues dialling Yerin's number.

 

Meanwhile at the yacht, Yerin was seen standing at the edge of the deck holding tightly on a gun she found inside the establishment and pointing it towards Choi Hyun-Suk.

 

He doesn't have a man with him aside from the captain of the yacht and Sinb as his hostage.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Brave enough huh? Do you even know how to use that thing? Why don't you try to pull the trigger?"

 

He teasingly said and smirks as he swayed Sinb in front to cover him up.

 

Yerin: "Crazy bastard, stop hiding behind a girl. You called yourself a man?"

 

Yerin must've been brave enough to follow her friend and stand on that place but her heart screams fear and her trembling hands and body explained it all.

 

Sinb: "Unnie, I know you're not that fearful but please don't try to act cool by holding a gun." She said with her usual poker face.

 

Yerin: "Shut up Hwang Eun Bi! We're about to die here and you still have the guts to shame me?"

 

Sinb: "I'm just worried, you might end up killing me."

 

Yerin: "Yah! You wanna live or not!"

 

Hyun-Suk: "Shut up the two of you!" He shouted as he fires the gun upwards which makes both of the girls startled.

 

Riding a couple of speed boats, officers follows the yacht until they catches it's speed.

 

Sowon's father leads them until Hyun-Suk becomes aware of their presence behind his yacht.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Crap! Why are all these sh*ts keeps following"

 

The speed boats are getting more closer and it alarms Choi Hyun-Suk. He then pulled Sinb closer to him, locking his arms on the girl's neck while holding a granade and pointing a gun on Yerin who's still standing at the edge.

 

He kept on hold in his position until they get all surrounded by the police officers.

 

Officer Kim: "Mr. Choi Hyun-Suk, This is officer Kim. Let the young girl free. You're all surrounded by us and there's no way to go, surrendering yourself is the best thing to do if you want to keep alive."

 

Hyun-Suk: "Stop following us or I'll shoot her head, ask these officers to leave one by one or else I'll drop this grenade here!"

 

Officer Kim: "Let the innocent girl be free, she have nothing to do with your problems in your company"

 

Hyun-Suk: "So what? this girl will die with us if you won't leave us alone, ask your men to stay away from us"

 

Sinb can't deny how her heartbeat races so fast. Everywhere she look at, there's a gun pointed at them and a gun pointed directly on her head, sometimes at Yerin. 

 

Officer Kim sees how Sinb's body was shivering from fear and he can tell in those eyes that the girl is shouting for help. After more than ten years of service, he definitely knows how much the situation frightens the young girl.

 

Officer Kim: "Hwang Eun Bi, listen to me" He shouted calling her attention.

 

Sinb can just look at him without saying a word but enough to say that she's listening. 

 

Officer Kim: "We're going back altogether, Yuna has been waiting for you"

 

Though hopes are fading, Sinb gives a nod as a teardrop escaped from her eyes. 

 

Hyun-Suk: "I'll really kill this girl at the count of 5 if you won't stop following us!"

 

He keeps frightening them while Officer Kim bravely handles the situation.

 

Officer Kim: "All of you, keep your guns down." He ordered to his team which was followed immediately.

 

Hyun-Suk: "I said go!"

 

Officer Kim: "They will, but I won't go till you set her free."

 

He then asks his fellow police officers to back off which they followed by standing by their speedboats in the middle of the sea. 

 

The yacht continues sailing with Officer Kim following them beside.

 

Officer Kim: "They're all gone, now let her free and I'll let you escape"

 

Hyun-Suk: "You think you can fool me?"

 

Officer Kim: "I'm a real man who was true to his words. Let the two girls go and I'll also let you escape."

 

Hyun-Suk: "You really think I'll do that and I'll believe you?"

 

Officer Kim: "Yes" He then throws his gun on the sea until it gets drowned down the water. "Satisfied?"

 

Hyun-Suk: "Still no."

 

That immediate rejection doesn't stop him, he then turns his attention on Yerin who's keeping her silence at the edge of the deck.

 

Officer Kim: "Yerin-ah, drop that gun you're holding."

 

Yerin: "No I won't." She insisted

 

Officer Kim: "You're not supposed to hold a gun like that, drop it Jung Yerin. It's a command from a police officer."

 

Though she's hesitant, she still follows since she trusted a police officer's words.

 

Officer Kim: "We're all armor free now, let these girls go with me."

 

He pleased but Hyun-Suk won't easily believe his words and actions, he takes a look behind them and he saw how the other officers are already gone far away.

 

Officer Kim: "I don't mind about capturing you right now, just let these girls free" He said and he starts moving his speed boat closer to the yacht.

 

Hyun-Suk seems to slowly believe his words as he brings Sinb closer to the side of the yacht where Officer Kim is approaching.

 

Officer Kim: "I told you I'm a trustworthy man, Yerin? come here as well."

 

He said while reaching for Sinb's hands, but Yerin didn't move an inch. Her eyes are focused on Hyun-Suk's movements and the gun she dropped on the floor.

 

After reaching for Sinb's hands, Officer Kim started giving comforting words.

 

Officer Kim: "We're all going back now" then he gives a soft smile at her.

 

Just then...

 

Hyun-Suk: "You think I'm a fool to follow you like that?" 

 

He suddenly fires his gun on Officer Kim where he successfully injured the officer's right arm.

 

The officers that was left in the middle of the sea heard that gunshot and trails back to where the yacht is going. Officer Kim reminded them earlier before they come to follow the yacht...

 

"Once I asks everyone to leave, follow my command and leave. But come back once you hear a gunshot, it means I failed to make a peaceful talk and I needed your back up."

 

Officer Kim moves back to cover his injured arm, that's when Hyun-Suk find a chance to aim on his chest but a gunshot behind them stops his action.

 

It was Yerin who immediately took the gun on the floor and fires it somewhere after seing Hyun-Suk's action. She badly wanted to fire it towards that man but she can't since she might accidentally shoot her friend.

 

Her silly action caught Hyun-Suk's attention making him to focus the gun on her. He was about to shoot but was stopped when Sinb bites his arm.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Aaaaghhhhh!" He groans in pain then he hardly pushes Sinb down on the floor.

 

Hyun-Suk: "You think it will help?" 

 

After losing his temper, he then fires his gun on Sinb but luckily he didn't aim to kill her, it's just a small cut on the girl's leg. But it still stings that it almost make her cry in pain.

 

He left Sinb for awhile as he takes a step closer to Yerin, both are having a fierce look in their eyes with both guns pointing on each other.

 

Hyun-Suk: "Stop now kid, I don't need you. I can kill you right now if I wanted to."

 

While holding onto her bleeding leg and still on pain sitting on the floor, Sinb saw the officers coming after them.

 

Sinb: "Unnie~~~ they're coming, save yourself! You can't beat him with that! Jump on the water!"

 

Yerin might have successfully fires the gun earlier but she knows that she can't hurt someone with it, even if that someone is an evil like the man in front of him.

 

Sinb: "Unnie save yourself! Jump on the water!"

 

Listening to Sinb's request, Yerin takes a look behind her where the waves of the sea are raging madly. It freezes her body by just looking at how dark and deep the water is.

 

Hyun-Suk continues walking step by step to get near her while she takes a step back until she felt the cold metal behind her back.

 

Once again, she takes a look behind her. Her body started shaking even more, It frightens her more just to see the deepness of that sea which almost kill her when she was younger and the cause of her brother's death.

 

Sinb: "Jump now unnie! He'll kill you!"

 

Yerin: "No I can't" She closes her eyes tightly while shaking her head with the memories of her brother's death.

 

The feeling of getting drowned, the feeling of lacking air on her lungs and the feeling of loosing someone on that depth.

 

Yerin: "I really can't!" She shouted as she pulled the trigger of the gun she's holding.

 

To where the bullet landed, she doesn't know where. All that she heard was something like a metal bar that was dropped and sounded like circling on the floor.

 

She doesn't even know what happened next. She keeps her eyes closed after firing the gun on the man in front of her and all that she heard was Sinb calling her name. On a split of a second, another gunshot shutters her eardrums before a set of arm gets wrapped around her body.

 

She slightly opened up her eyes to see what happened but she only saw the wide night sky and the stars above. She's not sure of it but she saw a galaxy, an unknown one. That was a fast glance of the sky before she felt like falling.

 

A loud explosion makes her ears deaf and her vision becomes blurry as her lungs gasps for air. She tries to clear her mind for the last time but it was too late when she came back to her senses. 

 

The last thing she saw is a hand holding tightly into her hand. Her body floating on the water till she felt like she's getting drowned evey second, that hand also started to let go until it comes an inch away from her, she tries to hold it back but she herself can't even move a bit. 

 

 Mianhae~~

 

She said into her mind while staring on the increasing distance of their hands.

 

At the hospital

 

Though it's just a mild movement of her hand at first, she finally gets to open the lids of her eyes that night. But a teardrop escaped as she does, yet she doesn't know why.

 

Eunha: "come back~~" she found it hard to say those words before she closes back her eyes again.

 

Author's Note:

So far haha this has been the hardest chapter I wrote XD I even revised this 3 times, I hope it doesn't turn out too bad~~

Now that Eunha finally wakes up, who will win her heart?

Who will live and who will say goodbye?

-#2