Rain

Secret Love Song

Sinb: "Yerin-unnie? Where are you?"

 

Yerin: "I'm at the car repair shop, why are you calling this late?"

 

Sinb: "I brought Yuna with me, she was sick right now"

 

Yerin: "What! Where are you?"

 

Sinb makes a call for Yerin after letting Yuju sleep on her bed. Just to inform her that her friend is with her, cause she don't know any relatives of Yuju might be finding her right now.

 

Sinb: "She's in my room, I don't really know how to take care of things like this...what should I do?"

 

Yerin: "Wait for me there, I'm coming"

 

After that, she drops off the call. Showing a worried face, she didn't realize it but Eunha was staring at her the whole time

 

Eunha: "What is it? Is there a problem?" She asks right after the call

 

Yerin: "Don't mind about it. but I think I have to leave now. I'll go on first"

 

She takes her jacket placed on the chair and immediately runs out of the shop.

 

Eunha: "Hey! I mean Yerin"

 

She chased her outside and good that Yerin pays attention to her, unlike before and she stops from running.

 

Yerin: "What is it again?" She even faced her.

 

Eunha: "Wait a minute"

 

She saw Eunha getting soaked in the rain as she run towards her.

 

Yerin: "It's still raining so hard, you should go back and wait till the rain stops. Tsk, look at your wound, We've just finished taking care of it."

 

But Eunha didn't mind at all and just cover herself with her hands on the top of her hair.

 

Eunha: "I think you better use this, the shop owner gave it to me earlier when you went to the drugstore"

 

She offers an umbrella to Yerin.

 

Yerin: "But...how about you?" She asks in concern

 

Eunha: "I'll just wait here for my driver to come"

 

She handed the umbrella to Yerin and leave it to her. But Yerin just stares at her "does she really have to do this" she asks into her mind

 

Eunha: "Go now, you're in a hurry right?" she wave her hands signalling Yerin to go.

 

Yerin: "Ah yeah, I'll go now. But you should go back first."

 

Eunha: "Ah, okay. Since you already take that umbrella, I'll go back now. Bye!"

 

Yerin: "Bye" she replies

 

She didn't realize it but she just wave her hands while saying goodbye. A thing that she won't do with some people she just know.

 

Yerin is now standing in front of Sinb's house, and after a couple of times thinking about it, she finally hit the doorbell.

 

Yerin: "I never knew I'll come here ever again. If not because of Yuju..."

 

She said to herself while waiting as she already gets soaked in the rain, the umbrella isn't a good help since the water from the rain splashes everywhere. 

 

When the gate went open, an old helper (age is around 60) asks her who she is, since she never visited that house for years. 

 

"How can I help you?" She kindly asked, and Yerin's eyes seems happy to see her, she definitely recognize the helper.

 

Yerin: "helper Gong?" She said "You're still working here? I'm Yerin, you remember?"

 

Yerin still remember her, the helper who takes care of her and Sinb while playing together on that house, she used to wipe the sweat on their back after running around the garden. And prepare them some snacks.

 

Helper Gong: "Yerin? wait a minute" She scan Yerin's face trying hard to remember her, then from head to toe until she saw the mark on her knee. "You mean, ginsaeng Yerin?"

 

Yerin: "Yah! we met after years and you still call me like that!"

 

Helper Gong: "I'm just surprised, you're already a grown up. What a pretty girl you've became, come in. You're already soaked in the rain"

 

She welcomes her inside the house and let her stay at the sala and gave her a towel to dry herself.

 

Helper Gong: "What makes you come here this late?, don't count the years but I mean the time. It's too late at night now" she curiously asks

 

Yerin: "Ah, Sinb asked me to come. I think she needs some help. but don't ask anymore helper Gong, I don't know how to answer things since you know Sinb."

 

Helper: "Right I know, she's too secretive. Sinb's on her room, you can go up there. But i have to get some rest now. Just knock on her room okay?"

 

After that, Helper Gong already went inside the maids room and Yerin was left on the sala. She started to walk upstairs with a heavy steps when suddenly a figure of a man crosses her way. 

 

"Who are you?" The man asked and Yerin's eyes started to gaze at him. She can't move and her grip on the hand rails gets tighter.

 

Yerin: "Y-Yerin...I'm Yerin" She said like fears started to grow inside her.

 

"Yerin?" He moves his head sidewards as if he's trying to remember her. "Sinb's childhood friend right?" He then mention.

 

Yerin: "Ah, Yes uncle Hwang" She used to call her uncle Hwang before.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Wow, time's so fast. But you never visited us since your family left our neighborhood"

 

Yerin: "Ahh, It's just because..." She scratch the back of her head trying to get some words of explanation

 

Mr. Hwang "Haha no need to explain, you're here for Sinb right? Just get into her room, you're always welcome here" He said while smiling

 

Yerin: "Ah thanks uncle. excuse me" She bows and smiles at him before making her way on his side as she takes the remaining steps of the long and wide staircase.

 

She stops for a moment and turn around to see Sinb's dad walking down the stairs.

 

Yerin: "This house is quite big yet the things are so minimal. The things that were kept hidden, should I dig it now?" She said to herself while looking around the house/mansion for it's size and interior.

 

*knock knock knock

 

Sinb heard three consecutive light knocks on her door, she immediately went to open the door.

 

Sinb: "Yerin unnie!" She exclaimed

 

Yerin: "Hey, be quiet" She shift her head beside Sinb, obviously looking for Yuju.

 

When Sinb notice, she makes a frowning face.

 

Sinb: "She's still sleeping, come in"

 

She let Yerin sit on the chair beside her bed which she has been sitting a while ago while waiting for Yerin.

 

Yerin saw a towel placed on Yuju's forehead and also notice her, sleeping comfortably covered with a soft blanket. 

 

Yerin: "You did this?" She asked Sinb, since she thought Sinb needs some help but it seems like she managed to take care of her by herself.

 

Sinb: "Did I do it right?"

 

Yerin: "You did well, I think she's just too tired and needs some rest"

 

Sinb: "Ah, is that so? Sorry for disturbing your time"

 

Yerin: "It's okay, Sinb-ah thanks"

 

Sinb: "For what?" She asked in confusion.

 

Yerin: "Aside from this. You told me last time that you saw her in fears alone, what did you do that time?"

 

Sinb: "Ahh, that night. I didn't get to tell you about it. I stayed with her until she calmed down. Actually I almost panicked, I don't really know what to do"

 

Yerin: "But you managed to calm her down?"

 

Sinb: "Maybe...probably?" For that question, she is still not sure if she managed to do it or Yuju was just tired after all.

 

Yerin: "Can I ask you a favor?"

 

Sinb: "What is it unnie?"

 

Yerin: "Please look for her, and take care of her as well"

 

Sinb: "What? Why? why would I do that? It's just coincidence that I spot her on situations like this, we're not even friends. And I even hate this girl"

 

Yerin: "Yah- She's my friend! Just do the same if in case it happen again, okay?"

 

 Sinb: "But why are you asking me to look for her?"

 

Yerin: "Just in case, but Sinb. I should go now, I'll leave her to you"

 

Sinb: "Already?"

 

Yerin: "Hey I'm busy, I just came here to check her. She just need some rest. and I should really go now"

 

Sinb: "I'm getting jealous unnie! you never came here at all. Then just because of this kid!" She pouts and crossed her arms on her chest

 

Yerin: "Yah, i hate seeing that pout" She clips her fingers on Sinb's pouting lips

 

Sinb: "Yah unnie!" She hit Yerin's hands "Just go away if you want to"

 

Yerin: "Arrasoooo, I'm going now"

 

Sinb pushed her out of her room and locked the door. But after laughing, she open it and rushed to Yerin walking down on the staircase

 

Sinb: "Unnie!"

 

Yerin turns around to look at her

 

Yerin: "What is it?"

 

Sinb: "I should at least open the gate for you?"

 

Yerin: "That's just right!"

 

She accompany Yerin until they reach the gate, she can't go any farther since she have to look for Yuju, and no one in her house knows that she let someone sleep on her bed

 

Sinb: "Take care and goodnight" 

 

She said as Yerin steps out, but sadly the rain still continues showering the ground.