Growing Feelings

Secret Love Song

Eunha is riding her bike to school. Her steps on the pedal is harder and faster, few more minutes and she's late.

 

In the most unfortunate occasion, the brakes suddenly won't work and she panicked making her run against the bumper of a car, parked beside the road and crashed on it.

 

Eunha: "Awww...." She scream in pain when she fall on the ground.

 

What's worst about it, is she can't use her bike anymore. The car continues its beep sound as an automatic response for anti-theft. She notice the crack on the headlights and a severe scratch and scuff on the front bumper.

 

Eunha: "Oh gosh what have I done..."

 

She's still sitting on the ground, trying to get herself up but she can't, It's not too long when the owner of the car came out from the store.

 

Yerin: "Oh sh*t, what happened here!"

 

Her eyes widened when she saw what just happened to her car. She immediately check how severe it gets then saw the bike in front of it before she looked at the person who caused this.

 

"You!?" Both said when they saw each other's face.

 

Yerin: "What the h*ll ! Did you just do this!?" She asked angrily, ofcourse she's mad. She treated her car as the most precious thing she have.

 

Eunha: "It's an accident, I'm sorry" But the way she apologize doesn't seem sincere at all.

"Of all people why does it have to be this ill-mannered kid, Ughhh" She said into her mind

 

Yerin: "Accident? How could you..." Before she continue, the store owner came.

 

Store Owner: "Young lady, calm yourself it can still be fixed. It's not a major damage" The ahjumma looked at Eunha and asked what happened. She explained that her brakes just broke resulting to this mess.

 

Store Owner: "See? It's an accident, You can just ask her for a compensation" The store owner suggested.

 

Yerin: "Whatever...Ughhh my baby I'm sorry I were not able to protect you." With a motherly touch on her car.

 

Yerin: "But you have a point, thanks but I think I have to go now, I'll be late. I'll just hunt this kid in school" She said before opening the car door.

 

Store Owner: "Ahh excuse me young lady. You're in the same school right? Why don't you gave her a ride, I think she can't do it in this condition"

 

Yerin: "What? No way" She extremely refuse.

 

Eunha: "Ah, Ahjumma no need. I can just walk or take a cab there."

 

She tries to stand but still can't. She sprained her ankle and she just got a wound on her knee. Looking on how hard she try to stand and the ahjumma helping her, Yerin who still has a bit of kind heart, helped her.

 

Yerin: "Ahjumma excuse me, can you move a bit" The store owner moved and Yerin put her arms around Eunha's back and behind her knees and she carries her.

 

Eunha: "Hey what are you doing! Let me down!" Yerin brings her inside the car.

 

Yerim: "Don't talk to me or I'll drop you off in the middle of the road."

 

She gets on the car and drives silently, Eunha just keep her eyes looking outside the window until they reach the front of school gate.

 

Yerin: "We're here, get off now" Before Eunha gets off, she gave Yerin a piece of note with her phone number

 

Eunha: "Here's my phone number, just call me for the repair.

 

Yerin: "No need. Just don't ever show your face in front of me again"

 

Eunha: "Do you think I wanted to see you either? Just call me for the payment, I'll gonna go now" She gets off the car before Yerin refuse again.

 

Yerin notice her unsteady steps while walking

 

Yerin: "Fool, tsk." Then she drop her head on the steering wheel "my baby..." almost crying

 

On the classroom, Sinb saw Yuju sleeping at lunch time. She tries to approach her because It has been a week since that night and they never talked again, but she really felt sorry for it.

 

Sinb: "Hey, Choi Yuna" She tap her arm but didn't get a response.


Sinb: "Choi Yuna, wake up!" It is irritating to her ears


Yuju: "What is it now?" Her captivating eyes looked at her again, she tries to talk normally as she place a lunchbox on her desk

 

Yuju: "What is this for?"


Sinb: "I think...you should've at least eat"


Yuju: "I don't need to."


Sinb: "Aishhh... You never eat at lunch! Do you want to get sick? Just take this" She open the lunch box for her and put the chopsticks on her hand.


Sinb: "I'll leave it to you, don't be too stubborn. And next time bring yourself a lunch"


Before Yuju says anything Sinb leaves the room, she know it would be awkward if she watch her eat and Yuju might refuse to.


Yuju: "She's so weird" She notice the letter left on the cover of the lunchbox


"Sorry for that night, just know that your secret is safe with me"


Even with that thing, Yuju still didn't eat that lunch. Aside from it's from Sinb, she didn't really like accepting things from others.


Sinb: "She might think I'm trying to be friendly.... Hwang Eunbi why do you keep doing things that you'll regret in the end." She said to herself while walking on the hallway


There's a class project given and they were grouped into three. For the first time Yuju, Sinb and Eunha were grouped together.


Sinb: "Seriously, what kind of grouping is this"


Yuju: "With this kid again?"


Eunha: "I wonder if we can ever do something, with these two who only sleep on class?"


Eunha offered to do that project in her home after class which the two approves. This time it is a musical project, they have to compose and perform a song originally made by them.


They divided their tasks equally. Eunha is in charge of the lyrics and vocals, Yuju for the composition and will play the guitar, and for Sinb...


Sinb: "I won't sing"


Eunha: "We don't need good voices, we just need to perform anyway"


Sinb: "I just can't sing"


Yuju: "Why don't we all sing, I'll play the guitar as an extra task.It would be fine for me"


That was the first time that Yuju suggest something. She already knew that Sinb can sing, and Eunha is good in singing too.


Eunha: "Really, Is it just fine for you?"


Yuju: "I said it already"


Sinb: "I said I can't really sing!"


Yuju: "Such a liar" She said, that caught Eunha's attention


Eunha: "Why? Why? You already heard her sing?"


Yuju just looked at Sinb with her eyes telling "You remember singing for me that night?"


Sinb: "Ughh...I really hate this, just give me shorter lines"


Eunha: "Okay then, we're done for today. Ah wait, I remember something"


She takes something from her drawer. Three tickets for a movie.


Eunha: "My uncle gave this to me, but I hasn't use it, it will expire tomorrow so are you free tonight?" She asked the two.


Yuju: "What kind of movie is it?"


Eunha: "Ah, it's .... A horror movie.


Sinb's nerves can't take it, just hearing a horror movie gives her goosebumps.


Sinb: "I'll pass for that, I still have a lot to do.


Yuju: "I'll go for it"


Eunha & Sinb: "Really?"


They asked because it is also the first time Yuju gives a go.


Eunha: "You must've liked horror movies too"


Actually no, she didn't like it. She just wanted to take a break after a few days of tight schedules attending events and sleeping is not enough, she felt like watching movies would be good.


Eunha: "Eunbi, are you scared of watching horror movies?"


Eunha and Yuju's look at her is intimidating. She might look weak if she still refuse, and she didn't want them to think like that.


Sinb: "Ofcourse not! But if you insist, then I'll give it a go too"


Eunha is seated in the middle of Yuju and Sinb. In the middle of the movie, she is giving full emotions. Watching closely for good scenes, screaming for shocking things and covering her face for totally scary scenes.


Yuju did nothing but sleeping the whole time. While Sinb, she's just hearing everything with her eyes closed.


While enjoying the movie. Eunha's ringtone started to caught the attention of some people around them, she forgot to turn off her phone and she have to go out to answer the call from unregistered number.


Eunha: "Hello? Who is it?"


Yerin: "Hey, you have to pay for the fix right? Come over here now, I'm at the Car repair shop I'll wait for you here."


Eunha: "But I'm still watching a movie..."

 

"Tuttt tuttt tutt" She already drops off the call.


Eunha: "What the...this kid really has no manners at all" She just left a text message for Sinb to excuse herself.


"Hey Eunbi I have to go first, it's an emergency. Finish the movie okay? And don't leave Yuna there, she's sleeping"


Sinb: "She's the one who asked us here though" She looked on Eunha's seat that is now vacant.


Sinb: "Gosh, what if something came out there..." Now she's even scaring herself. Doesn't care if Yuju was there as long as there is someone beside her, she occupied the seat Eunha was earlier.


She can't really watch that movie with her eyes open until the movie finally ended, she takes a glance on Yuju who was still sleeping, to wake her up.


Sinb: "Hey Yuna, let's go now" When there's no respond, she shakes her body but her head just fall on her arms. She was frozen for a minute but thinking about waking her up.


Sinb: "Yuna?" She tries to push Yuju's head but when her hand touches her face, she felt a burning heat.


Sinb: "Hey? Are you sick? Yuna, wake up now"


When Yuju tries to stand, her body almost fall but good that Sinb was there to help her up. Sinb have no other choice but to carry her on her back.

 

"It's Okay, you should take a rest, tomorrow will be a whole night long..as well as next week." She remember Yuju's conversation with that man.


Sinb: "It must've been over fatigue. Why are you so stubborn, I already told you to at least eat that lunch"


Few minutes later


Sinb: "You should've told us earlier if you felt something"


Few more minutes


Sinb: "You're getting heavier, should we take a cab?"


That's right Sinb aside from talking to someone who was sleeping at your back, you should've thought of it earlier. Why taking the long way when there's even a hundreds of cab passing on the road.


While waiting, the heavy rain started to pour, but before they get soaked it's good that a cab just came in time.


Driver: "Where should we go?"


Sinb: "Ah, just take us to...I don't know where she lives but..."


Thinking about it, she's not really sure where Yuju lives and it's raining, she can't just drop her off on that street and she's sick. If there's a place she can bring her, that was definitely her home.


Yerin: "Hey, why are you so late?"


She asked as soon as Eunha went off the taxi cab while covering herself from the rain.


Eunha: "At least I came, how could you drop that call? Do you even have at least a single manner?"


Yerin: "Actually I wish I have, but unfortunately there's none, here's the payment. You should go inside now and pay for it"


Eunha: "Aisshhhh, this scoundrel."


Without a choice, she pay for it as soon as she reach the register, just to settle everything faster.


30 minutes have passed but they are still in front of the Repair Shop waiting for the rain to stop. Yerin's car is still in repair that's why she can't use it either.


Eunha: "Aaah~ it's too cold" She said while rubbing her hands together and shivering from the cold weather.


Yerin took a glance at her and stopped her eyes on Eunha's knees where a wound from the earlier accident was left. She saw a drug store in front of them.


Yerin: "Hey, don't go anywhere. Wait for me here"


Eunha: "Why would I?" But Yerin already run on the other side of the road covering herself from the rain with her jacket.


Eunha: "Hey! where are you going?"A question that was not given any attention.


Yerin came back carrying a paper bag which contains a gauze bandage and an ointment for sprained ankle.


Eunha: "Hey, where did you go? Do you think you can just command me to do this and that" She complains

 

Yerin: "How was it?" She asked looking on Eunha's wounded knee.

 

Eunha felt embarassed about it and she back off her legs, trying to hide it. But Yerin knelt in front of her to check her wound.

 

Yerin: "You shouldn't have exposed it like this, what if it goes infected? Follow me"

 

Yerin asked the store owner if they can stay inside there for a while. The kind owner welcomed them on the waiting lounge and even offer them a free coffee, which they gladly accepted. She lets Eunha sit on the bench while she was sitting on a small chair in front of Eunha.

 

Eunha: "I already cleansed this part with an alcohol, I even apply an ointment" But Yerin insist that it isn't enough

 

Yerin: "Shhhh..but it still have to be covered"

 

Yerin slightly smear the wound with an antibiotic cream before she wrap the bandage around her knees. Next is her sprained ankle, she gradually turn it left and right asking Eunha when it hurts.

While rolling up the bandage on her ankle. Yerin started a weird conversation.

 

Yerin: "Sorry"

 

Eunha: "For this? No need, It was even my fault"

 

Yerin: "Not for that, It's for the last time. When I accidentally pushed you away."

 

Eunha: "Apology accepted" She smiles as Yerin looked up on her.

 

Yerin: "And don't ever act like a fool again, look what happened"

 

Eunha: "Hey! I already told you a lot of times, It's an accident"

 

Yerin: "And more thing, Let's not call each other HEY, I have a name, I'm Yerin, Jung Yerin"

 

Eunha smiled at her again, that's what she really is. Always smiling and glad on simple things.

 

Eunha: "Then call me by my name too. I'm Eunbi, Jung Eunbi, I mean just call me Eunha" She offers a handshake, but Yerin just tap on it. At least their hate on each other didn't last that long