Trust

Secret Love Song

Her time alone with Yuju in her room is really awkward even though the latter is unconsious of the moment.

 

Watching her from a distant Sinb just can't avoid looking at her, showing the most peaceful look when sleeping. It's not new to her seeing her sleep, since everyday in their classroom is sleeptime for both of them.

 

But that night is totally different. It's her room and bed now, not that classroom and her table.

 

Sinb: "heol~~ when will she woke up" 

 

Standing in front of the bed, she yawn and sarted to get sleepy. She gets an extra blanket on the cabinet and drops her body on the couch near the window. She covers herself on the blanket tighly. She's about to fall into her dreams when a knock on the door interrupts her from falling asleep.

 

Sinb: "Who is it? She asks but no one answers, and she have to stand up again to open the door

 

Sinb: "Yerin-unnie? did she left something?" she asks herself before releasing the lock and turning the doorknob.

 

But the sight in front of her is something she didn't expect at all.

 

Mr. Hwang: "You're still awake?" He says as Sinb opens the door. 

 

Sinb: "What is it?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Ah, I just thought your friend is still here"

 

Sinb: "Who? You mean Yerin unnie? You met her earlier?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Ah yes"

 

Sinb: "She already left, why? is there a problem?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Nothing, never mind just sleep now okay?"

 

Sinb didn't respond and was about to close the door when her father noticed someone on her bed as he takes a short glance inside her room.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Wait, but who is she?" He point his index finger on Yuju.

 

Sinb: "She's another friend, but not Yerin. She was sick and I let her stay in, just for tonight" She said with dull eyes looking at her own father

 

Mr. Hwang: "Ahh is that so?" 

 

As he asked, Yuju shift her position facing them. Sinb's father was stunned for a moment when he saw her face.

 

Sinb: "What is it? I'm closing this door now, is there something you need?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "What was her name?" He asked but his look at her didn't change.

 

Sinb: "When did you started to care about me and my friends?"

 

Mr. Hwang: "I'm your father!"

 

Sinb: "I'm sorry, cause I just realize it just now" 

 

Mr. Hwang: "Hwang Eun Bi!"

 

She didn't let her father speak more and shuts the door. Her father can't do anything but those words shook him in. Right, he isn't close to his own daughter and he never asks anything about her personal life. He just gave all what she need like what a father do. And that's what he is lacking as a father. Since Sinb's mom left, they started to became more distant to each other.

 

Sinb: "How could he proudly say those words in front of my face, I'm your father?"

 

Because of it, she can't sleep anymore and she gets back on sitting beside Yuju. Constantly looking at her, she forgot about the conversation earlier. She rest her chin on her hands, with her elbow supporting on the bed.

 

She scan every curve on her face, until her finger tip touches the tip of Yuju's nose. She didn't really know why she did that but it makes her frozen when Yuju's eyes suddenly went open. Never thought that move would make her woke up. 

 

Yuju: "What do you think you're doing?"

 

She asks as soon as she open her eyes. Caught Sinb just rub her hands against each other.

 

Yuju: "Why am I here?" She asks trying to get up, but Sinb can't even say a single explanation even though it's way easy.

 

Sinb: "Where do you think you're going?"

 

Yuju: "Isn't it obvious? I'm going home"

 

Sinb: "It's still raining outside, and you're sick. I don't even know where you live so I bring you here, stay here just for tonight."

 

Yuju: "Is that so? should I thank you for that?"

 

Sinb: "Ughhh, I'm the one who voluntarily helped her but she always have these guts to act like this."

 

Yuju: "What did you say? ah..." She then felt dizzy and hold her nape

 

Sinb: "I told ya"

 

While trying to recover from dizziness, she roam her eyes around and the paintings placed on the wall around Sinb's room caught her attention. Specially the one which shows a woman on a long white gown with butterflies luminescing around her. 

 

Yuju: "Did you buy those paintings? are you a collector or somewhat?"

 

She randomly asked that made Sinb felt weird about it. She was just acting like they're strangers earlier and now asking about the things on her room

 

Sinb: "I made those paintings myself, why are you asking? You find it interesting?"

 

Yuju: "No. Not at all, but that one looks familiar"

 

Pointing out the painting that is still on the drawing stand. To be more specific, that was the woman on a long white gown.

 

Yuju: "And interesting" She added

 

Sinb: "It's not fully finished yet"

 

Yuju: "That one looks real though"

 

Sinb: "That one was real"

 

Yuju: "Huh? what do you mean?"

 

Sinb: "Nothing" She lowered her head and a sadness was then painted on her face.

 

Yuju: "You have a talent I guess."

 

That words makes Sinb's heart flutter. Admit it or not, even though she didn't show it. Lifting up her head from sadness and sharing a smile as a response is enough.

 

Sinb: "You too have a lot. You're good in running and you're good in singing, you have a great voice. I bet you have a lot more to show, I don't know why you have to hide it."

 

Yuju: "That's the only thing I'm good at. Running away and hiding."

 

Sinb: "I agree" She didn't hesisate to say those words after seeing her several times doing those things.

 

Yuju: "See, you even agree"

 

Sinb: "Yeah, cause me too, but hey. You should be glad, no one knows about these stuffs I did aside from Yerin unnie and Umji. Keep it hidden too"

 

Yuju: "It seems like I can't do anything with it. Is it fun? hiding our shared secrets?"

 

That words makes Sinb chuckle. They never had a conversation like this but she thought it's good enough. Like what Yerin asks her to do, looking for her won't be too hard if they became closer like this. 

 

Yuju: "Hey, what's with you?" She notice Sinb hinding her laughter

 

Sinb: "Ah, nothing. This conversation is just weird. Are you planning to go now or stay here? If you stay, I'll just bring you to your home tomorrow"

 

Yuju: "Since it's raining too much, you're right. I think it' better to stay here. It's too dangerous to drive"

 

After that conversation, they didn't talk a lot and just sleep to get some rest. Sinb slept on the couch and Yuju stays on the bed. Earlier that morning, Yuju gets up first and fix the bed properly after fixing herself. The rain has finally gone but they still have a class. She woke up Sinb for her to fix herself too.

 

After fixing herself on the bathroom of her room, Sinb just asked the helpers to bring food in her room since she didn't also want to eat with her dad on the same table. She's also sure Yuju would be fine with it since it's awkward to eat with the family of someone who isn't really close with you.

 

Sinb: "Is it okay for you to have a breakfast here?"

 

Yuju: "It's just fine, I even only eat breakfast on convenience stores"

 

Sinb: "Really? Yah! you should really take care of yourself. You call the foods there a breakfast? Tsk."

 

After that, like what they have planned. She asks her driver to send Yuju first on her home before sending her to school. Yuju decided no to attend the class and to take a rest that day. 

 

Yuju: "We're almost there"

 

She said as they reach the same street that Sinb is already familiar. She was right, Yuju's home was just near that place

 

They are both sitting at the back sit and Sinb gets off first, giving a helping hand to Yuju but was rejected.

 

Yuju: "I can get off myself" She said.

 

Sinb: "So where's the place?" She asked

 

Yuju: "Do you really have to know where I exactly live?"

 

Sinb: "Hmmmm..." Thinking deeply of what should she answer. But deep inside her is she wanted to.

 

Yuju: "If that's the case. It's here" Pointing out the small apartment, already in front of them.

 

Sinb: "This place?" She asks in disbelief,  that apartment doesn't look luxurious or average for her to even get some money to study in their school

 

Yuju: "I used to live alone. There's no reason to live on a nice house or a nicer apartment. This is just enough for me I think.

 

Sinb: "Ahh is that so?"

 

Yuju: "You should go now, you'll be late on the first subject"

 

Sinb: "Ah, that's right. I should go now. Bye" But instead of a hand wave, she offers a handshake.

 

Yuju: "What was that for?" she asks curiously

 

Sinb: "From now on, call me Sinb instead of Eunbi. I'm more used to it" Lying about it, the fact is she only wanted Yuju to call her by that name.Like what her family and Yerin & Umji used to call her.

 

Yuju: "Okay then"

 

For the first time, she accepted the handshake and didn't hesitate at all.The moment their hand held each other, they felt the thing that they have lost for years. It can't be describe literally by any words but it could be as simple as trust, then the further is still unexplainable, it's just some sort of warm feelings still kept hidden in their hearts. When Yuju accepted Sinb's hand, the first thing that she thought of is "I trust her" 

 

Yuju: "To be fair, from now on call me Yuju instead." She said looking deeply in her eyes without letting go of each other's hands.