Remember

Secret Love Song

"Mr. Hwang, there's someone who went to that place earlier. You're right, I think someone is really trying to put a fire on you"

 

That night, Yerin got home too late and too exhausted. As she reaches her room, she threw her body on her bed and she kicks her shoes out of her feet,leaving them scattered on the floor.

 

She was lying on her bed while looking at the ceiling, trying to empty her mind and place her thoughts in peace after thinking too much of everything that happened these past few days and those years. 

 

She's in the middle of her way on her dreamland when she heard a buzzing noise coming from her laptop, indicating that she've just receive a notification.

 

She lazily reaches for her laptop on the table beside her bed to check the notification. She opens the lid of her laptop then squeezes her eyes and blinks several times as the excessive light coming from the monitor hits her face.

 

"You must have been working hard to know truth, Let's meet at the old warehouse at exactly 9 PM and I'll tell you an interesting story. Just the two of us, or you wanna bring your friend?"

 

Yerin: "..." She suddenly slammed the lid down after reading the e-mail.

 

She took her phone and immediately dialled Sowon's number

 

Yerin: "Sowon? Are you home now?"

 

Sowon: "Oh? Are you concern about me? Yeah, why?"

 

Yerin: "I'm not concerned about you, fool! Someone must've been watching us now. I received an e-mail, he wanted to meet us"

 

Sowon: "Mr. Hwang?"

 

Yerin: "That person doesn't use a personal e-mail. It's a spam account, I think he's playing safe"

 

Sowon: "Then let's give him what he wanted" She said while fiercely looking outside the window of her room.

 

The next day...

 

Sinb was sitting at the bench in the school ground, deep in her thoughts looking at the sky above. She went to school but she didn't get to attend their class and just decided to stay there for a while.

 

But that "for a while" became an hour until it becomes an all day long.

 

After what Umji told her, she didn't even get to sleep that night before that day. Thinking about her feelings for Yuju and thinking about her friendship with Yerin. 

 

Sinb: "Yerin-unnie....you know how much I treasure you right? Please forgive me...I never knew." She heavily sigh as she thought of it.

 

Just then her vision went dark and black before she felt a soft hands covering her eyes.

 

"Guess who?" She felt a warm air whispering on her ears.

 

The voice that sounds so good in her ears, the voice that she missed already even though it's only a day that passed. She smiles softly just thinking about how that person came for her.

 

"Yerin-unnie likes Yuju" Then it pops out in her mind and that smile that was painted on her face have fade away.

 

Yuju: "Aren't you going to answer? or remove my hands to see my face?"

 

When Sinb didn't do anything, Yuju voluntarily removes her hand that was covering Sinb's eyes.

 

Yuju: "If you don't like it then I won't do it anymore." But Sinb keeps silent all the time which is unusual when they are together.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, Is there a problem?" She finally asks after thinking about it a couple of minutes.

 

SInb: "Nothing..." She said lifelessly and Yuju felt like she's not in mood or there's really something going on.

 

Yuju: "You're here all the time yet you didn't get into class, Is there something that troubles you? you can share it to me"

 

She reaches for Sinb's hands trying to convince her. But she found Sinb's actions towards her became even more weird. Sinb slowly removes her hands from her while staring on her eyes.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah?"

 

Sinb then tries so hard to show her serious face before she started a serious conversation.

 

Sinb: "You...what do you feel about me?"

 

Yuju: "What?" She clearly heard what Sinb asks but she's afraid that she get it wrong.

 

SInb: "You must've been confused until now, even me. Yuju-ah, the night that I confessed to you. The night that I told you I like you, I must've been confused that time."

 

Yuju: "Wh...What do you mean confused?"

 

Sinb: "The thing that I felt for you, maybe it's not that I like you, maybe it's...It's just because I felt pity towards you. I felt sorry to the things that happened to your past, and I feel like you must've been so lonely that you need someone to lean on. And I've mistaken that feelings."

 

Yuju:"I...I don't really get what you're talking about Sinb-ah"

 

Sinb: "Those feelings aren't real Yuju. It's not my intention to play with your feelings, so I'm telling you this earlier so you won't get confused.It's not that I really like you. It's just that I felt pity towards you."

 

She can see how Yuju is trying to cantain her feelings and by just looking at her eyes, she can feel that any time soon, her tears will fall down. 

 

Yuju: "You don't have to tell me those words Sinb-ah, I know my place. And a place alone is where I belong, so you don't have to concern yourself about me. Is that all that you wanted to say? If that's so, I think I should leave now."

 

She didn't wait for Sinb's answer and she just walks away, still trying to prevent her tears from falling. But while walking downtown, she didn't notice that a teardrop just fall on her cheeks.



Just then she noticed a footstep following her, she wanted to look back but she chose to ignore it.

 

She stoped for a while from walking to wipe out her tears.

 

Sinb: "Yuju-ah, please don't waste those tears on me." She said to herself while following Yuju from behind.

 

Her plan until now is to do the same. To make sure Yuju can get home safe even if they aren't on each other's side, like what they usually are.

 

They walk pass by streets, unlike before that it feels too near when they are together. They both felt like the way is too far and exhausting.

 

Yuju: "Did she find walking with me here is so exhausting? Aniyo... She's just a person who isn't true to her words." She said to herself and she wipes her tears again.

 

"A thief! A thief!" She got startled with that voice that seems like coming towards her

 

"Hey Stop there!"

 

She's walking near the corner of the street when a man suddenly pops out at the interaction and bumped on her, making the two of them fall on the ground.

 

"You b*tch!" The man shouted on Yuju's face and he suddenly run away.

 

Yuju can't move on her place not because she've got hurt but because she was confused of what just happened and thinking how that man just called her "b*tch"

 

Sinb saw what happened and she didn't get to mind the man running away and her concern is only about Yuju.

 

Sinb: "Hey, are you just fine?" She asks while trying to help her stand up.

 

Yuju: "Take your hands off of me, I told you not to concern yourself about me right? I hope it is clear and you didn't misunderstood that I want you to get out of my life" She said as she stands up by herself ignoring Sinb's help

 

"help me, please help me..A thief!" A lady approaches them while pointing at the man running far away from them.

 

Yuju: "That man?" She asks and the lady just nods while panting.

 

Yuju took a glance on Sinb before she run to follow the thief.

 

Sinb: "Yah! what do you think you're doing? Aishhh...that girl seriously, does she really love running that much?" She said to herself before she took a glance on the lady who approaches them.

 

"He barges inside our house and took all our expensive jewelries" The lady said, still trying to calm herself

 

Sinb: "Did you already reported it to the police?"

 

"Yeah, they said they're coming" Then they heard the sirens coming from a police vehicle.

 

Sinb: "It seems like they're here now." Just then she thought of Yuju chasing alone the thief

 

Sinb: "Sh*t...Ahmmm, Ma'am can I excuse myself first? I have to go follow my friend, she's chasing that thief alone"

 

"Okay, please make sure she's also safe" The lady said as Sinb run away to catch up Yuju and the thief

 

Yuju: "Yah! I said stop or you wanna get hurt if I caught you!" Yuju shouted from behind the thief but it seems like he doesnt care.

 

With Yuju's full power speed, she jumps and throws herself behind the thief and they both fall on the ground. The thief tries to run away but Yuju caught his legs. She rolled over him and twisted his arms at his back.

 

"Arghhhhhh!" The thief groans in pain.

 

Yuju: "I told you you'll get hurt"

 

She said but the thief is strong enough to push her up and then he grabs Yuju's arm before he pushes her to the ground. Yuju fell so hard and Sinb saw it, just in a few distance.

 

She closes her fist and this time it's her who chases the thief and she didn't let him go any further.

 

As she caught him, she hardly pushes his face to the bricked wall and then she kicks his legs so he won't be able to run again while twisting his arms on his back. But Sinb isn't contented at all and she punches the thief's stomach

 

Sinb: "This is for hurting my girl dude!"

 

Just in time, the police officers came with Yuju. They immediately came to get the thief and lied him down on the ground while putting the handcuffs in him. Sinb and Yuju steps aside while looking on how hard the thief still tries to escape.

 

When they successfully put the handcuffs on him, they make him stand to get in the police car, but then the thief finds this as an opportunity to run away. He tries to escape by running away but the police officer took out his gun and pointed at him.

 

"Stop right there or I'll shoot you!" He shouted but the thief doesn't listen. Because of it, the police officer have left with no other choice but to shoot his legs.

 

"Bang!" He pulls the trigger that makes Yuju and Sinb got startled with that sound.

 

Yuju covers her ears expecting another sound that was as loud as the first one but Sinb seemed to be out of herself. She was just standing still right after hearing that familiar sound.

 

Her mind is still processing what she've just heard and then she started to get dizzy with her eyes fixed at the gun that the police officer is still pointing at the thief.

 

["I said let her go!"]

 

Sinb started to hear some voices that was familiar to her ears but her confused mind is making it hard for her to recognize those things.

 

["Please let me go, I have to go get Yuna. She just run away because of you!"]

 

Sinb started to feel like she's on a different place, seeing a room. A dark room where two man is standing in front of her. Just then the other man shoots the gun and she saw a blood flowing from the other man's body.

 

[*Bang (A sound of gunshot)

"Aniyo!"

"I said let her go!"]

 

She keeps hearing those things over and over again. She wanted to cover her ears but she felt like she can't move her body.

 

She shakes her head left and right when she felt a pain in her head that she can't control. She started to get even more dizzy and her sorroundings started to get blurry

 

She finally moves her hands placing on her head trying to reduce the pain but it seems like it isn't a help after all.

 

Sinb is slowly loosing her strength on her knees and almost fall when Yuju noticed her actions and she came in front of her as she cup her hands on Sinb's cheeks.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah? What's wrong?"

 

Once Sinb heard Yuju's voice, All the things that she heard which keeps bothering her mind suddenly went gone.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah? what happened? Are you fine? Did you get hurt or what? Tell me Sinb-ah" Yuju asks worriedly but Sinb was just frozen staring at her.

 

They were both staring on each other's eyes when Sinb saw an image of a kid through Yuju.

 

A kid that seems not so familiar but she felt like she saw that kid before.

 

"Please help me" The kid begs in front of her with a lot of tears

 

She knows that it is Yuju in front of her but the image of the kid won't fade away.

 

She was cold in sweat and she can't handle anymore the things she have heard and the things she keeps seeing. Just then a blood rushes out of her nose.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah.." Her worries grew even more after seeing Sinb like that.

 

Sinb: "Yuna..." She said before she collapse on Yuju's arms.