Water Flower

Secret Love Song

After a few stitches on her head injury, the doctors decided to discharge Yerin that night since it is only a minor injury. She walks out of the room with a bandage wrapped around her forehead and an arm supporter on her left arm.

 

Yerin: "Mom?" She said when she saw her mom walking towards her, with a police officer behind her.

 

Yerin's Mom: "Yerin-ah, what happened? Do you know how much it worries me when the police officer call us?" She said as she reach out her hands on her daughter's cheeks.

 

Yerin: "Mom, I'm fine. But...where's my friend?" She asks the police officer.

 

Police officer: "Your friend is still making an incident report at the office and don't worry, she's safe there."

 

Yerin: "I want to go too. I can make a statement. By the way, did you catch those two?"

 

Police Officer: "It's a good thing that even the other one runs away, we caught them both. Thanks for your friend, she's the one who call us that time"

 

Yerin: "Really? I didn't know it" She asks in disbelief.

 

In the middle of her fighting scene with those guys, without their thoughts on her. Eunha got a chance to call for a help and dialled the emergency number of the police station and that's why just in time, they got there.

 

Police Officer: "But...Is it true that you're the one who fight with them?"

 

Yerin: "Ah, yes. I want to give statements if you need. Mom? Can I go with him to the police station" She asked a permission from her Mom, But...

 

Yerin's Mom: "No way, stop now Yerin-ah. Did you forgot you're injured. You deserve to take a rest"

 

She said before looking at the police officer.

 

Yerin's Mom: "Can you leave us for a moment? Don't ask questions anymore, can't you see her condition?"

 

Police Officer: "Ah...I'm sorry Ma'am, I'm just doing my work"

 

Yerin's Mom: "Then go back to the police station and just ask the one who reported this. We're going back home. Yerin-ah let's go now.

 

Yerin: "But Mom?"

 

Yerin's Mom: "Don't worry about anything! Worry about yourself. Your Dad is waiting for you at home, he's more of those police officers in asking questions so that's what you should think of."

 

Yerin lets a deep sigh before following her Mom. And when they reach their home. That's right, her father is standing in front of the door waiting for them with a glass of wine on his hand.

 

Yerin's Mom: "Yerin-ah, you know what to do. I'll go first."

 

She greeted her husband before she went inside the house. While Yerin walks slowly with her heads down until she's in front of her Dad.

 

Director Jung: "Earlier this afternoon, your homeroom teacher call us saying you're not doing well in your studies and you even cut classes. Then right after the dinner, a police officer call us to report about an incident that you're involved. What the hell do you think you're doing in your life Jung Yerin!"

 

He shouted and he throws the glass of wine on the floor and that sound makes her mom came back to check what was happening.

 

Yerin: "Aren't you going to ask how I feel right now first?"

 

Director Jung: "For what reason? You're alive and standing in front of me. All you do is to shame our family name! Until now I'm still asking, of all people why does it have to be you brother!"

 

Yerin: "My brother? Why? If you feel suffocated of seeing a daughter like me, then let me change my family name or  just kill me, instead of secretly wishing that my brother should've survived and not me!"

 

Director Jung: "Jung Yerin! I'm still your father and you have no right to talk to me like that!"

 

He lose his temper, he lift his hand and suddenly his palm lands on Yerin's cheeks which made her head snapped to the other side.

 

Yerin's Mom: "Honey, calm down. She's your daughter."

 

Yerin's cheeks started to get red as she tries to hide her tears.

 

Director Jung: "You're right, do you know how much I wished that you brother should've been living with us right now? And not a useless daughter like you!"

 

Yerin: "Enough of it... I wanna take a rest now" She said in a low voice before running upstairs to her room.

 

Director Jung: "Yerin-ah! We're not finished yet! Come back here!" He shouted and was about to follow her upstairs but Yerin's mom stopped him.

 

Yerin's Mom: "Let her be, she needs her time right now. And you should calm down, how could you say those words to your daughter? how could you slap her? She's still your daughter, do you know how much does it hurt her?"

 

Director Jung: "She needs to be disciplined. It isn't enough I think" He said while thinking of another way to discipline his daughter.

 

Yerin locked her room after that and rushed to her bed. That was when the tears on her eyes started to fall constantly and she started to cry hardly.

 

She takes the picture frame of her with her brother from the bedside table before she hugged on it tightly.

 

Yerin: "Oppa, I'm sorry." She said while crying

 

Yerin: "Dad gets mad on me and again, he brings up your death. I shouldn't have asked for help if only I knew it would be you that I put in danger." Still crying...

 

*Flashback (8 years ago) Yerin was only 9 y.o that time.

 

Yerin: "Oppa, look! There are dolphines!" She exclaimed when she saw a group of dolphins jumping from the water.

 

Heechul: "Aren't they so cute?"

 

Yerin: "Just like me? I wanna swim like them too" She said while acting so cute and she climb up the railing to spread her hands trying to reach for the dolphins.

 

Heechul: "Yah, get down here." He held Yerin's hands to help her down. "Don't worry, you'll see them closely later at the ocean park show"

 

Yerin: "Really? Will you bring me there?" 

 

Heechul: "Ofcourse! So don't be too stubborn and get back to your room and take a rest first" He pat Yerin's head and she kindly follows her brother.

 

But the night comes and she thought that her brother forgot about it so she went back to the roofdeck of the cruise ship which her family owns.

 

Yerin: "Oppa said he will bring me to the ocean park to see those dolphins closer, I guess he lied"

 

She said while pouting, but then the wind blows her hairband up to a pole beside her.

 

Yerin: "Oh? I really hate strong winds"

 

She said before climbing up the railing to get her hairband, She was holding tightly on the pole but when she reach her hairband, they met a wave making her lose her balance and she fall into the water.

 

Yerin: "Help me!" she shouted, while trying to get herself some air but it seems like no one hears her

 

Yerin: "Help me!"

 

She shouted again but before the wave almost drown her in, her brother who is getting some fresh air finally heard her voice.

 

Heechul: "Yerin-ah!" He shouted as he saw Yerin being drown. "Stop the boat!" He shouted to the captain before diving into the water.

 

He swim as fast as he can to save his hister. He finally reach her hands and lift her up.

 

Heechul: "Yerin-ah? Are you fine?"

 

Yerin: "O-Oppa..." She said while trying to catch her breath and she lets a few caughs.

 

Heechul: "Help us! Stop the boat!"

 

He shouted while swimming back, trying to catch up to the cruise ship. He already felt too tired of shouting while swimming back when just in time, the engineer saw them.

 

Engineer: "Captain stop the boat!" He shouted and he fastly get a lifebuoy and thrown it towards them.

 

When they are nearing, her brother suddenly felt a cramp on his legs.

 

Heechul: "Ahhhh....Yerin ah, can you swim to there?" He suddenly asked her.

 

Yerin: "Why oppa?"

 

He can't hold it anymore and he throws Yerin near the livebuoy

 

Yerin: "Oppa! I can't swim!" 

 

Heechul: "Hold into it!"

 

He shouted before he gets drown and Yerin tries her best to reach the lifebuoy even if she can't swim. The captain jumped into the water but he saves Yerin first since she's still a kid.

 

Yerin: "My oppa? Where's my oppa!" She said while crying as they bring her back to the ship.

 

Captain: "I'll try to save him" He gets back and tries to find Yerin's brother who already gets drown into the water. 

 

The captain dives deeper and gets back up to catch some air. Then he dives in again. 

 

He finally saw Yerin's brother and get him out of the water. But unfortunately he stopped from breathing. They brought him back to the cruise ship and gives him a proper CPR. There's no response after all, they did everything they can to bring him back but sadly they failed to.

 

*End of flashback

 

After that incident, Yerin's father who has never really liked her for causing a lot of troubles in school get's more colder to her because of her brother's death. He blames Yerin for that and same for Yerin, she blames herself until now.

 

Yerin: "Water flower such as Lotus is a flower that grows out of mud. For the flower to live, the seed must die so it would be able to grow into beautiful one. But for the flower to reproduce and create a seed, the flower must die, just like a dead buried in the mud."

 

She read the context that was written behind her picture with her brother.

 

Yerin: "Oppa, you told me once that I was just like a water flower. But when will I grew out of this mud?"

 


Authot'r Note:

 

Sorry guys for too much flashbacks...You might find this chapter a bit of boring since there's no EunRin/SinJu. So I decided to do another update soon for the next chapter. Keep holding on guys hihi.

 

- #2