Run Away

Secret Love Song

The unexpected fancy and bright basement where the countless number of masterpiece were hidden has seem to lose it's life and meaning since the arrest of the man who created and crafted everything with his own hands.

 

The  collection of pictures and paintings are being collected one by one for the investigation purposes.The day and night has no difference, both are dark, cold and becoming more empty each day.

 

Hwang Eunbi or should we call her Sinb, is a girl whose character is known to be strong, provoking and full of ego. The girl who never wanted to look pitiful, weak, fearful or dramatic. 

 

The girl's body was seen lying against the floor with her head sitting on an unfamiliar record book. Being alone on a half empty basement without any witness, she gave up all her pride. 

 

After reading the content of that record book, she somehow felt a forgiveness in her heart. A forgiveness that she knows she's not ready to face yet but it somehow place her heart at ease.

 

Throughout those years, she never knew anything. Her whole life for her was written like her own name, "mysterious". She's afraid to believe the things she found out through the record book of her father but 75% of her heart is she wanted to give her trust. Because that book is the answer for all of the questions and misunderstandings in her mind. The book which changed her mind to please herself to accept her father once again. 

 

A heavy rain started to pour outside but can't be heard or can't be even noticed inside, the rain pours from light to heavy as well as how Sinb's tears rolled down on her cheeks. It's not the tears of pain, not even the tears of regrets and awful memories but the tears of forgiveness. 

 

Relying by herself since the only person she can have right now is non other than herself.

 

The next day was fine, Sinb started her day on having a breakfast with Yerin who decided to live with her for almost three days now since the day she was forced to leave her house by her own father.

 

Yerin: "The scrambled egg is starting to taste better" 

 

She stated after having 5 failures of unwell, overcooked, burnt, salty, and tasteless egg for their daily meal.

 

Sinb: "Why don't you just go back home? So you won't suffer having plenty of wastes like this for a meal." She replied lifelessly while unconsciously playing the food on her plate with a fork.

 

Yerin: "There's no reason for it and you know that" 

 

She took a look on her friend and the silence invade the dinning table when both decided to continue their food without anymore talking.

 

A few minutes later...

 

Yerin: "Your father will be transferred today to another jurisdiction. If you wanted to pay a visit, I'm willing to come with you"

 

Sinb: "No need, I don't have plans like that. Umji will be discharged from the hospital today, mind to come with me? I'll pay a visit"

 

Yerin: "It feels good to stay here, you can just give Umji a healing message from me"

 

Sinb: "Is it because of Eunha? That's why you won't go there?"

 

A frown formed on Yerin's face because of that question and she drops the utensils on the table

 

Yerin: "She's not the reason kid and besides, I caused all of her sufferings, It would be too absurd for her to see me"

 

Sinb: "Don't blame yourself too much unnie, you already had enough from your brother's death."

 

Yerin: "And it happens again"

 

Sinb: "It's not your fault unnie, she chose to find you that day, she chose to love you. It's not your fault that she loved you unconditionally and it's totally unfair for her if the reason for all those sacrifices won't be even there for her. She needs you unnie"

 

Yerin: "Asking me to do something that you can't even do? How about you and Yuju?"

 

Sinb: "It's not a perfect timing when we met, when we crossed each other's path and when we fell in love. How can we meet and how can we even see each other if right now is the worst timing of all?"

 

Yerin: "Being with someone you truly wanted to be  doesn't require a perfect timing or not, when will that perfect time come? When the day comes where you can never be with her anymore? It's such a waste if you'll wait for it, i don't want you to live with regrets Eunbi-ah"

 

Sinb: "You should say those words again in front of the mirror" 

 

Self reflecting through their own words, seems like both of them knew what to do in this situation but are just afraid to make a move. 

 

Few hours later on Umji's recovery unit, Sowon and her mom are packing up their belongings when the closed door went open.

 

Umji: "Sinb! Yerin unnie!" 

 

She exclaimed and excitedly jumps out of bed to welcome her friends whom she misses so much.

 

Sowon: "Yah-Yah-Yah! Be careful Umji-yah!" Too much concern was shown on her face for knowing that Umji's leg injury isn't that fully recovered, she offers her arms for Umji to hold on.

 

Yerin: "Umji, don't be too clumsy"

 

She said as both of her and Sinb walks to their friend and gave her a tight and warming hug. 

 

Sowon: "Reuniting with friends for three days of not seeing them?"

 

​​​​​Joo Hyun: "They have been friends for years Sowon-ah, I'm a witness of their sister bond and they can't live without seeing each other for a day" Said Umji's mom.

 

Sowon: "It's pretty good for them"

 

Yerin: "I think you should keep yourself some friends too" She said when she overheard the conversation behind her.

 

After a few moments with Umji, Yerin decided to excuse herself for a moment with an unknown reason. 

 

Her heart was full of anxiousness whether she'll continue making her way on the corridors that will lead her to the intensive care unit where Eunha is still lying unconscious.

 

Ten steps away from the unit until she made it into three. Her hands touches the tinted half glass door before her eyes could see anything.

 

She leans her forehead on the tinted window for a better sight of the inside. And there she found Eunha's mom sitting at the couch beside the girl, holding those cold hands while trying to talk to her unconscious daughter. Yerin felt more sorry for watching that scene.

 

Yerin: "Eunha-yah, I'm really sorry for what happened and I'm more sorry that I can't even get near you." 

 

She said with a hope that her message will reach Eunha's ears from the soundproof room.

 

She decided to stay on that door for a moment, it's enough for her to at least see her on that distance and besides, she knows Eunha's mom won't be pleased to see her.

 

Yerin: "bogoshipda~~ please wake up soon, Eunha-ah...I'll be waiting for you" 

 

She left with those words hanging on the door. Her steps as she walks away are so heavy like she wanted to go back, knock on that door and hold those hands to make it warm.

 

A teardrop escaped from Eunha's closed eyes as her index finger moves upward but those small movements are remained unnoticed by her mom. She's trying to open her eyes but her body won't follow her mind. For short, her mind is now conscious but her body can't still make it. 

 

When Yerin came back to Umji's room, Sinb and Sowon is nowhere to be found and the sudden change of the atmosphere inside the room was easily noticed. 

 

Full of silence aside from the television where the current programme is all about news.

 

Yerin: "Umji, where Sinb?" 

 

​​​​​Joo Hyun: "She run away"

 

Yerin: "Run away?"

 

Umji: "After hearing about the news, they're all about her father"

 

Yerin: "News? About her father's transfer?"

 

Umji: "Yes, but the police vehicle which carries him and was supposed to transfer him has been into an accident, the vehicle fell into a cliff and was drowned into the river."

 

Yerin: "What! H-how could..."

 

Before saying anything, she already thought of something. Something that was just not right.

 

Yerin: "Where's Sowon?"

 

Umji: "She follows Sinb, I hope she'll come back with her" She said worriedly

 

​​​​​Joo Hyun: "Poor kid, her father has been a suspect on a crime and now no one knows if he's still alive."

 

Umji: "Mom?"

 

Umji took a glare on her mom, she knows those words won't help and inappropriate to say, her mom just shuts off after that.

 

The door went open and the three of them takes a look to check, expecting Sinb and Sowon to enter but there's only Sowon who shows up.

 

Yerin: "Where's Sinb?" She immediately asks 

 

Sowon: "I let her go, she said she won't do anything crazy and she just wanted to be alone"

 

With a different opinion whether it is right to let Sinb go or not, Yerin and Sowon started to argue again while Umji was there, trying to calm the situation down.

 

Meanwhile on Yuju's current apartment, she fixes her hair and dressed up properly on a split of a second. Upon hearing the latest news about Sinb's father, the only thing that came up on her mind is to find Sinb. To see that girl as soon as possible cause no one knows what's on her mind right now.

 

She runs out of the room, taking the fire exit and running all the way down to the ground floor. Finding her way to the lobby until she reaches the glass door which automatically opens as she passes by. 

 

But all of her hurrying has gone when she saw this someone who just gets off from a motorcycle. Wearing a denim jacket, thick ripped jeans, and a pair of boots, that face might be covered with a helmet but that figure caught Yuju's attention. Her hair brushes off her shoulders  as she takes off the helmet that was covering her face.

 

Yuju: "Sinb...." She mutters.

 

She was stunned on her place and she felt like her feet can't move for a moment when she saw Sinb right in front of her. But regaining her mind back to reality, she slowly moves her feet to make her way closer.

 

While Sinb was just there, carrying her helmet and standing beside that motorcycle, she did not bother to move since she definitely knows that Yuju will come to her. 

 

Both of them didn't expect this scene at all. It might be a coincidence but seeing each other is what matters the most.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, what brings you here? I was about to come and see..."

 

Sinb: "Shhhh..."She cuts off Yuju's words by placing her index finger between the latter's lips. "It's been a while" She said with a bright smile on her face.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, about your father..." She said worriedly even though she can witness the smile she missed to see on Sinb's face.

 

Sinb: "I came here for you and not because of anything else" A smile flashes again on her lips.

 

Yuju: "Yah! Don't make me feel better with that smile, I knew what happened"

 

Sinb: "Let's forget everything for a moment. I wanna run away"

 

Yuju: "Run away? Sinb-ah, running away won't solve anything"

 

Sinb: "I won't run away alone, let's run away together Yuju-ah...Far away from this place, far away from everything. Run away with me, Choi Yu-Na" 

 

She stretches out her hands after saying those words, waiting for Yuju's hands to hold onto hers.

 

Yuju: "Running away with you is what I always wanted to do" She didn't hesitate when she reaches for Sinb's hands, accepting her offer with a smile as a reply.

 

It's been a minute since they've been gone. Sinb has been busy driving the motorcycle on the wide road while Yuju keeps her hands wrapping on Sinb's waist from the back. 

 

She leans closer making her body touches Sinb's back as she hugged her tightly. Sinb has been distracted with Yuju's actions but she somehow likes it. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah where are we going?" It's the ninth time she asks that question but Sinb never gave an answer. 

 

And for the tenth time she asks. She leans closer on Sinb's ears.

 

Yuju: "Where are we going Hwang Eun Bi~~~? " 

 

Sinb: "A place where there's only you and me, you'll found out later once we got there" a smirk formed on her face as she said those words.