Pentagon Love Story

Secret Love Song

10 years ago, Officer Kim has been assigned to a case that was left unsolved. During the first month of the case, he already knew that it would be a hard one since the crime was clean and another thing he doubt is that the relatives won't cooperate well and they wanted to close the case as soon as possible, for sure they are hiding something.

 

But there was a kid who always asks him how was the case going and he promised that he will find out everything. For not being able to fulfill that promise, he felt that he added the pain that the kid has been suffering from.

 

Then the innocent kid has been left alone and was sent by her own grandparents to a far away place in order to hide the dark secrets of their wealthy family.

 

Because of the guilt he felt for not solving the case of the kid's parents, and seeing how the kid suffered from it. He decided to live in states to follow the kid with his daughter Sojung. There he look and took a good care of the kid.

 

And there, Kim Sojung and the kid who named Choi Yuna have met. 

 

The truth is Sowon is the one who teach her how to fight, to stand on her own feet, to be independent. To be tough and a strong person. 

 

But for Yuju, it isn't easy at all. She tried so hard to hide herself and lock it on her heart. And now she started to show off a personality that she created to protect herself. But as she met the people from her past, she can't avoid to go back to her true self.

 

The noise surrounding the school canteen has been a thing that our ears must've been used to every lunch.

 

Sowon who hated noise isn't irritated at all, but what irritates her is the girl behind her on a line to the counter. Same with the latter, they both hated that they are in a line with each other.

 

Just then a girl enter the canteen who catches their eyes. Before she passed by them to get on the line, Sowon held her arms.

 

Sowon: "Here, you can line in front of me"

 

Eunha: "Eh?"

 

She looked at her before she takes a glance on the girl behind Sowon which is Yerin.

 

Eunha: "Can I?" She asks

 

Sowon: "Ofcourse, we're friends right?"

 

Eunha: "Ah..yeah"

 

But before she gets in the line, another hand held on her arms. 

 

Yerin: "Can't you see there's a line?" 

 

Eunha: "huh? Ah, I thought its just fine"

 

Yerin: "Well not for me, so help yourself to line at the back."

 

"What's with this kid" Eunha thought before she takes a step out, but Sowon pull her in front of her.

 

Sowon: "It's fine for me, so get in a line here"

 

But Yerin pulls her out of the line. And now both of their hands are holding tightly on Eunha's arms with their eyes exchanging glares.

 

The people behind them are now watching the scene but the two doesn't care. But when Eunha noticed it.

 

Eunha: "Yah! Can you both let me go? I'll gonna get myself a line at the back. So please?"

 

Both of them takes their hands off and Eunha has been finally free to get to line at the back. But Sowon and Yerin keeps glaring on each other. 

 

Umji and Sinb already have their places on a table, eating lunch when they saw Eunha with Yuju, finding a place to have their lunch but there's no space anymore and their table is the only free.

 

Umji: "Hey! Yuna, Eunha? Come here, let's just share a table"

 

She offers and the two gladly accepts her offer. They both place their tray on the table before they get seated. 

 

In front of Sinb is Yuju and in front of Umji is Eunha. Just then Yerin came so late and occupies the seat beside Sinb. She definitely saw Eunha and Yuju but she didn't mind at all since her head is too hot because of Sowon.

 

Just then Sowon found a seat beside Eunha which is still vacant and she kindly asks if she can join the table with them. She doesn't mind even if Yerin and Umji was there, as long as Eunha is. 

 

Yerin: "Ughhhh" She sighs when Sowon occupies the seat beside Eunha which is in front of her.

 

While all of them started eating silently and awkwardly, Eunha started to choke. The sound of her coughing caught Sowon's attention and she immediately offer a glass of water from her tray.

 

Sowon: "Here, drink this" 

 

She asks, but before Eunha even get the glass of water on her hands, Yerin suddenly pick it up and straightly drink the water as soon as the glass lid touches her lips.

 

Sowon: "Yah! Are you crazy? It's not even for you!" She complains

 

Eunha: "Don't worry, I'm fine. I have my own"

 

She said after drinking the glass of water from her tray. 

 

Eunha: "And don't mind her, she doesn't have any manners at all" she added

 

Yerin: "Aishhh" She rolled her eyes before she continue eating.

 

Everyone started to eat silently again when this time, it is Umji who got choked. Sowon just continue her food while Yerin offers her water after seeing that Umji doesn't have one.

 

Yerin: "Why do pretend that you care on others when you doesn't even care on your own sister"

 

Umji: "Yerin-unnie....stop it."

 

It doesn't sounds so good in Sowon's ears and it irritates her. 

 

She lose her temper and she drops her utensils as she moves her upper body forward to grab Yerin's colar. Same with Yerin, she grabs Sowon's colar and they both stands up with strong gazes forming in their eyes.

 

Sowon: "Shut up if you don't know anything"

 

Yerin just put a glare on her while Eunha suddenly slammed her chopsticks on the table.

 

Eunha: "The two of you, can't you eat peacefully? and do something better other than fighting?"

 

When she didn't receive any response. She looked at Sowon to please her

 

Eunha: "Sowon-ah? Don't act like this kid. I already told you not to mind her"

 

She said before she takes a look at Yerin.

 

Eunha: "And you, you wanted to put a fight over here? Do you think your Dad would change his mind if he saw another bruise on your face?"

 

Yerin: "You're lucky, I'm trying to act like a nice person these days. But once I'm free, your days is over" 

 

She said to Sowon and she finally removes her hands on her colar and she made her way out of the canteen. 

 

Same with Sowon, when she glance on her sister looking at her, she went out of the canteen.

 

Eunha lets a deep sigh before she picks up her chopsticks to continue eating.

 

Eunha: "If only I'm not this hungry" She whisper

 

Umji: "It's been a long time since I saw Yerin-unnie like that"

 

Yuju: "I'll follow her" 

 

She said but before she stands from her seat, Sinb stopped her.

 

Sinb: "She's too sensitive right now cause it's her brother's death anniversary. Please understand her even just for today, and let her have her time alone." She explained

 

Yuju: "Her brother? You mean, Heechul oppa?"

 

Sinb nods.

 

Eunha who was just listening stopped from eating when she suddenly felt a guilt on her heart for not treating Yerin well that time.

 

The night comes and Yuju courageously pressed the doorbell in front of Yerin's house.

 

It takes a few minutes before the gate went open. She's lucky that Yerin came out first and not any other people.

 

As soon as Yerin found Yuju, a wide smile started to form on her lips. She's happy to see her yet she's also curious why. And what brought Yuju there.

 

Yerin: "It's good to see you Yuju-ah, but what brings you here?"

 

​​​​​Yuju: "I just..." She hesitates "Are you...just fine?" She asks

 

Yerin: "What question is that? Ah, should we go inside? Lets go"

 

she opened the gate but Yuju didn't follow her in.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah, it's cold out there. Lets get inside okay?"

 

She encourage her but Yuju still stays on her position while looking at Yerin's face.

 

Yuju: "Let's stay here, I won't stay longer. I just want to say a thing" She said

 

Yerin: "What is it?" She curiously asks

 

Yuju didn't answer for a while. Instead, she walks closer to Yerin before she gave a tight hug which left her confused.

 

Yerin's eyes widened as her face blushed and seems like her world stopped for a moment with Yuju's action.

 

Yerin: "Yu-Yuju? I-is there something wrong?" She asks while her voice is stuttering

 

Yuju: "Yerin-ah, don't hide your tears with that smile. If you need a friend to cry on, my shoulders are free...you always did that for me before"

 

She answered without letting go of that hug

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah....?"

 

Yuju: "I already knew about your brother (his death) You must've having a hard time, I'm sorry for coming just now."

 

Yerin's eyes started to get teary

 

Yerin: "It's my fault Yuju. It's all my fault" She said and tears burst out as she hugged Yuju back.

 

Yuju: "Yerin-ah, It's not your fault. You should believe me okay?" She said while patting Yerin's back.

 

On a far distance, there are two people who didn't intended to watch the scene. 

 

Sinb, is on her way to visit Yerin's house to comfort her friend but she hesitates to take one more step when she saw Yuju hugged Yerin. Instead she hides herself on the corner of the street

 

And Eunha on the other side, who came for Yerin's tutorial felt like her legs can't make it more and she doesn't have a confidence to continue her way when she saw Yerin hugged Yuju back.

 

They both didn't understands why. But they felt a bit of sting inside their hearts. They turn around facing the way behind them and just like that, they walks away with a heavy heart.

 

​​​​​After the two let go of the hug.

 

Yuju: "Did you already visit him?

 

Yerin: "I...I don't have a confidence. I can't"

 

Yuju: "I'll come with you"

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah, you don't have to. I just can't"

 

​​​​​Yuju: "Yerin-ah, Heechul oppa has been nice to me too. I wanted to visit him."

 

Yerin: "Yuju..."

 

Yuju: "Aside from oppa, there's also a person I wanted to visit but I can't confidently do. Only if you come with me...can you?"