Final Chapter: Under the Lamp Post

Secret Love Song

Although she felt exhausted from all the busy schedules that she had this past few weeks from solo concerts and music festivals, Yuju still choses to stay on a place where she can refresh her mind and relax at the same time. 

 

Her manager granted her request by sending her near the river and leaving her alone as she wishes to spend her free time with her friends privately and away from work.

 

Resting her arms on the railing while feeling relieved by how the water flows on the river. She's slowly getting drowned with her own deep thoughts when her vision suddenly went dark with the presence of a hand covering her eyes.

 

Yuju: "Sin~~" She cuts her own words as she turns around while taking off the hands that was covering her eyes.

 

She felt dumb for thinking that way and she throws a glare on the person behind it for making her expectation rise.

 

Yerin: "Who am I again? And what's with that face huh?" She raise her eyebrows for seeing the disappointed expression on Yuju's face.

 

Yuju: "A friend who will suddenly pop-up when they are least needed, and a friend who always someone's deep thoughts" She answers showing an irritated face.

 

Yerin: "Eyyy~~~ I know I'm not like that, you're being mean!" She pouted her lips but Yuju didn't mind her by just turning around to lean on the railings once again.

 

Yerin already know what's on Yuju's mind. She just needs silence and someone beside her just to feel she's not alone in this world. She wraps her arms around Yuju's neck as she joins her friend to watch the flow of the water and the clouds above them.

 

Yuju: "Hey, I just realized where's Eunha?"

 

Yerin: "Uhh...She's at the airport, She said she'll meet Sowon and Umji" She answers while shifting her eyes left and right, obviously jealous.

 

Yuju: "Sowon and Umji? Why?"

 

Yerin: "They just came back from Europe, you're too outdated on your friends' life, getting busier each day?"

 

Yuju: "Ughhh Yeah, but it feels better at least I won't overthink"

 

Yerin smiled when she found out that sometimes it's a good thing for her friend to get busier even though she's worried of Yuju's health. At least she won't have to think of her past that much.

 

Yerin: "That's a good thing then."

 

Yuju: "I want to meet them, I also missed my friends. Let's all travel somewhere with Sowon, Umji and Eunha."

 

Yerin: "With Sowon?" her face shows disagreement.

 

Yuju: "Why? Oh, don't tell me Eunha hasn't chose between the two of you? that girl seriously...should I also talk to her about it?"

 

Yerin: "What will you tell her?"

 

Yuju: "She'll be happier to be with Sowon"

 

Yerin: "Yah! I'm standing in front of you! I thought we're friends? Why are you chosing Sowon for her?"

 

Yuju: "Don't forget you're alive because of her? You won't be able to see Eunha because of her and she's the one who saves you that night and also the one who performs CPR on you. " She said while grinning.

 

Yerin felt like throwing up with Yuju's teasing. Just thinking about Sowon's lips touching hers, she felt like she could just die in disgust.

 

Yerin: "I'm having goosebumps all over my body, let's not talk about it anymore please?"

 

But Yuju didn't bother to take a break as she continues teasing her friend. But what actually happened that night? 

 

[Flashback - 6 years ago]

After firing the gun with her closed eyes, the bullet hits Hyun-Suk's arm where he was holding the grenade. He accidentally drops it and there's only ten seconds to hide and run away from it. Yerin doesn't have any idea of what happened because of her eyes being closed and she only heard a metal thing that rolls on the floor which is the grenade. She also heard Sinb calling her name but she've got no idea that Sinb was courageously running while covering her injured leg just to get into her. 

 

Within that ten seconds, Hyun-Suk already knew that there's no place to hide and he aims the gun on Yerin but the bullet went into Sinb's arms as she covers her friend while pushing her out of the yacht together with her.

 

Sinb held tightly on Yerin's hand but Yerin seems to have her mind lost of what was happening until they both get drowned and lose on each other's grip. 

 

[End of flashback]

 

The day have been long for Yuju, same goes for Yerin, Eunha, Sowon and Umji.

 

Yuju takes a look at the time while walking alone near her apartment. 

 

Yuju: "6:00 pm, why is the time too slow? I already want to sleep" She said while yawning until she passes by on a restaurant.

 

Yuju: "That's right, I haven't eat yet." She felt her tummy aches and was about to enter the restaurant when she suddenly remembers that she still have a schedule left. "Mr. Han! OMG I almost forgot"

 

She shooked her head for forgetting before she runs to get into her apartment fastly. She didn't bother to take a bath since it's already too cold and seems like the first snowfall will likely to happen that night.

 

After wearing a simple white dress and simple touch of make up on her face, she went straight to the rooftop restaurant by just taking a cab. Gladly, it's already night and not much people on the streets doesn't noticed that they were walking with a famous singer Choi Yuna, only the driver of the cab recognized her, kind of him that he only asks for an autograph.

 

At the Rooftop Restaurant

 

Yuju came a half hour late but gladly it doesn't affect the flow of event. She repeatedly asks for forgiveness from Mr. Han for coming late but he didn't really mind that much.

 

Mr. Han understands how busy Yuju is.

 

Yuju: "I actually have a song prepared for them Mr. Han, if you won't mind... Can I?"

 

Mr. Han: "Ofcourse! You can sing like what you always did here before, don't worry about things and just do what you have to."

 

Yuju started to make her way on the center stage. If before she was keeping herself hidden on a room while singing, she can now present herself as the person behind that voice a couple of years ago.

 

It's always been a pleasure for her to perform live without hiding and she's also grateful that she can perform on the place where everything started. 

 

After her voice occupies and captivated the hearts of those people who attended the event. She takes a rest at the table near the window with Mr. Han sitting in front of her.

 

Mr. Han: "Is there anything you like to eat?"

 

Before Yuju gets to answer, she suddenly shivers from cold until she noticed the snowflakes outside the window falling freely from the sky. 

 

She absent mindedly stares outside the window and Mr. Han noticed it. Out of curiosity he asks...

 

Mr. Han: "Yuna? You've been spacing out, thinking of someone?"

 

His question caught Yuju's attention and she shifts back her eyes on him.

 

Yuju: "I'm sorry Mr. Han but what was that again?"

 

Mr. Han: "Ah, nothing I'm just asking what do you want to eat."

 

Yuju: "Ah I'm sorry Mr. Han but can I ask you something?"

 

Mr. Han: "What is it? You're free to do so."

 

Yuju: "Do you still allow students to rent on the apartment you let me to stay before?"

 

Mr. Han: "Actually, you're the last one who stayed there, it's already old when you stay before. I felt ashamed that I only let you stay there."

 

Yuju: "It's okay Mr. Han, I just feel like a wanna visit there."

 

Mr. Han: "At this hour?"

 

Yuju nods.

 

Yuju: "I just wanna have a walk, excuse me Mr. Han but may I go now?"

 

Mr. Han: "You mean as in now?"

 

Yuju: "Yeah, Can I?"

 

Mr. Han: "That was a short time Yuna, you still have a lot of stories to talk with me, but If you want to... just be careful on your way."

 

Yuju: "I will Mr. Han" She stood up and bows her head in her respect before saying her last goodbye.

 

Mr. Han: "How I wished you could stay here more time, my daughter just listens to your song for the first time and earlier she keeps playing it in our house. I think she'll be glad to see you."

 

Yuju: "You have a daughter?"

 

Mr. Han: "Uhhh yeah, you never asked thats why I never told you."

 

Yuju: "Maybe we can meet someday, please tell your daughter that I'll try to come and visit here again."

 

Mr. Han: "The weather was cold, be sure to get home fast"

 

While walking on the same streets that she used to walk before, she can't help but smile sadly. The memories she had there with Sinb has been engraved in her heart that whatever she do or wherever she go, it's still fresh in her mind.

 

She's walking step by step while humming to the song that she used to sing for Sinb before. She keeps wondering on the streets until she stopped by on the lamp post that she used to stay before on the same cold weather where Sinb once found her crying. That was also the same place where Sinb used to wait for her. 

 

She decided to sit for a moment beside the lampost. She didn't mind if she's only wearing a white dress while the snowflakes keeps falling down on her hair and she's feeling a lot colder.

 

She just let the time passes. Although she's trying to deny, she's still waiting for Sinb to go back to her life. She misses her that much that she felt like she's going crazy by just thinking that she won't be able to see her once again.

 

[Yuju's POV]

 

Your scent that the wind brought seems faint

Within the empty me, amidst of the frozen seasons. I remember your warmth that replenish me

Come to me like the miracle of a warm spring rain. And replenish my heart again, with you

 

"I miss you... I miss you so much that I always hear your voice whispering through the wind. 

You promised to stay by my side but where are you now? 

Smile at me like what you always do, I want to capture those smiles again. 

Though I can't be with you, Please know that I love you, and I will always do."

 

Reminiscing those days, the moments they collected together. The tears started to escape from her eyes, mixing with the snowflakes on her cheeks. 

 

She will never get tired of counting how many times winter have to come and passed without her. 

 

Listening to that voice from her heart and sitting beside the same lamp post. She now felt more alone while trying to endure the pain in her heart during the cold winter.

 

[If you're familiar with this part, I actually spoiled you before...I already wrote this P.O.V. on the beginning of "Memories of Spring" from Chapter 33]

 

Not too long since Yuju left the restaurant, Mr. Han noticed a phone on the table where Yuju occupies earlier.

 

Mr. Han: "She must've been deep on her thoughts earlier, how could she left her phone here." 

 

He took Yuju's phone and as he opens the screen, he saw the wall paper of Yuju with a girl beside her. The photo that Yuju and Sinb took on their first spring date.

 

Mr. Han saw the smiles on their faces and he just thought of something. He takes a look on his daughter who just came in the restaurant. He shuts off Yuju's phone before he calls his daughter to come to him.

 

Eunji: "What is it dad?"

 

Mr. Han: "Uhh the singer that we're talking about earlier pays a visit here but she left her phone."

 

Eunji: "That was her phone? Let's keep it for a while then. I'm sure she'll go back when she noticed she lost it."

 

Mr. Han: "Do remember the old apartment I let you see earlier? She went there and I want you to follow her and give this phone back to her."

 

Eunji: "At this time?"

 

Mr. Han: "Just go back if you didn't found her there, but I'm sure she's just there."

 

Although Eunji wants to stay for the event, she obeys what her father asks her to do and she runs fastly to get near the old apartment. She doesn't know why does she have to run that fast, she just somehow thought that she can't let that girl wait for her longer and her absence might be causing a lot of sadness.

 

While running fastly on the streets, Eunji just felt like it's somehow familiar. The streets, the stores, the snowflakes that keeps getting on her eyes and her heartbeat that keeps shouting faster.

 

She knows it's just her second time there but she felt like she walks on that place a hundred times already. She didn't remember the streets when she went there with her father earlier but her legs just brings her there without her even realizing that the old apartment was now just few step from where she stopped.

 

She noticed the girl who was sitting under the lamp post and was shivering from cold. She's unsure if that girl is the owner of the phone on her hand but her heartbeat keeps getting faster every time she takes a step closer to the girl.

 

She hears her silent cry, she saw her tears and she hears her voice singing to a familiar song.

 

She felt weird but she felt warm when she heard the girl sing that song. Eunji walks slowly until she's in front of the girl who was crouching on her knees while singing but she was left unnoticed.

 

She took out her jacket and she places it on the girl's back. That was when the girl realized her presence.

 

Yuju already felt the numbness of her body for staying there too long until she felt a warm cloth covering her back.

 

Eunji: "It's too cold out here, are you trying to kill yourself?"

 

That voice wakes up Yuju's soul, she doesn't really need anyone right now but that voice was just too familiar. As she held her head up to look on the person in front of her, her world suddenly stops. 

 

Her breathing gets louder in her ears and another set of tears started to form on the sides of her eyes.

 

The same voice, the same face, the same eyes, the same lips. She's indeed the person she's been waiting for years. The person who brought her a lot happiness and tears, that person was back. Finally, she's back.

 

Yuju: "Sin~Sinb?" She can't hold her tears anymore as she stood up and throws a tight hug on the girl in front of her. 

 

Eunji felt the tears that was falling on her arms. She was surprised with Yuju's action but she doesn't want to break the hug either. She just felt like there's an incomplete piece of her heart and with that hug, she feels complete. 

 

After a minute have passed, Eunji decided to pull away. There's just this one question in her mind.

 

Eunji: "I'm sorry but, may I know the reason of your tears?"

 

Yuju: "The reason of this tears?"

 

Before she could say an obvious answer to that question, she wraps her arms on Eunji's shoulder pulling her closer until their face were just an inch close. 

 

Although Eunji was surprised with that action, she felt warmness on Yuju's eyes that was staring on hers. She felt her warm breath until their lips touches each other. That was a soft kiss at first until Yuju moves her lips against hers till Eunji slowly replies. 

 

As the kiss started to get deeper and they both can hardly breath, a fast flashback on Eunji's memory started to occupy her mind. 

 

"Hwang Eun Bi! Hey my friend!"

"Yerin-unnie, Yewon-ah..."

"Mom will always be by your side"

"My name is Yuna, Choi Yuna"

"I wish everyday was like this"

"I love you... Hwang Eun Bi"

 

Tears started to fall on her cheeks in between the kiss. She regrets forgetting all those memories, her name, her dreams, her friends, her family, and most of it, the person in front of her. 

 

But now that everything came back, she promised to hold on. She pulled away from the kiss as she takes a deep look on Yuju's eyes.

 

She didn't say a word, having the same feeling was just enough. She smiles warmly before she places a soft kiss on Yuju's forehead. And with that kiss, she sealed a promise. A promise that was left unspoken, a promise she decided to keep on her heart. Enough to show that everlasting love.

 

Meanwhile, Mr. Han also leaves the event earlier after he asks Eunji who is actually Sinb, to follow Yuju. 

 

He visits the prison where Mr. Hwang has been staying for years now.

 

Mr. Hwang: "How's my daughter doing?"

 

Mr. Han: "She's doing fine, She's ready now to face everything, to remember what she lost."

 

Mr. Hwang: "Thank you for coming and saving her that night"

 

Mr. Han: "It's you who asks for my help. Facing everything on that condition won't help her and keeping her away for a while after her trauma was the best thing for her."

 

Mr. Hwang: "How's Jessica's daughter?"

 

Mr. Han: "Doing great as well. At this moment, I think those two already met. Sinb's mind was healthy now, she can only remember good memories once they met."

 

Mr. Hwang: "I don't know how to thank you even more for doing my part as a father. The role that I'm the one who was supposed to do."

 

Mr. Han: "Designing that rooftop restaurant was just enough Hwang Sung Jin. The day you asks me to take care of Jessica's daughter when you found out she's back here in Korea 7 years ago also helps me a lot, customers keeps coming back because of her."

 

Mr. Hwang: "I hope they can fulfill each others happiness they well deserve."

 

The End ~~~~~~

 

Author's Note:

Too much revelation? Haha After exactly a year, this fanfic finally ended ^_^ Thank you so much to all the Subscribers, Readers, Comments and the Upvotes~~~ I thought I won't be able to finish this but yeah I did HAHA The first full story I ever wrote and it's all because of you guys ~~~ should I cry now? Haha Anyway, I won't say goodbye yet.

Sequel? Haha yeah I know you guys needs a fluff ending after all the angst XD Maybe the reunion like what Yuju wanted and Eunha's choice HAHA

-#2