Friends for life

Secret Love Song

"Hwang Eun Bi!" A loud voice that can be heard around the school campus trying to get the attention of a friend who is currently making her way to her classroom

 

"Hwang Eunbi! Hey my friend!" The girl shouted again that name and run to catch up the young lady whom she called Hwang Eun Bi, as soon as she reach her she wraps her arms around the girl's neck

 

A heavy arms distracts the young lady from walking making her eyes lands on the other girl's eyes with a fierce look

 

Sinb: "Ahh! So heavy" She pushes the other girl to remove the arms on her neck that makes her look uncomfortable " Did you miss me that much?"

 

Yerin: "Didn't you hear me? I just call you several times but you never take a look."

 

Sinb: "Who wouldn't hear you, you're being too loud calling my name, whoever you call with that kind of voice won't ever try to look on you"

 

Yerin: "Are you that embarrassed?" She gets on Sinb's back to .

 

Sinb: "Aaahhh! Unnie! You're so heavy, get off now" She lost her balance letting Yerin's body fell on her while her face planted on the floor

 

Yerin: "Sinb yah~ Are you alright? Get up now" She quickly gets up while laughing as she realize Sinb is a bit embarrassed.

 

Sinb: "This unniee.... Everyone is looking at me now! Don't ever come near me." She gets up and fix herself as she walks away as fast as she can to avoid Yerin.

 

Yerin: "Yah! Don't just leave me! Sinb-Sssiiii!". Calling again her friend with a sweet voice as if she have done nothing.

 

Sinb: "Aishhh this unnie... It's only weekends that passed, what will happen if we didn't see each other for a year? I think I'll die sooner" She says into her mind, while Yerin is still following behind her.

 

Sinb: "Don't follow me!"

 

Yerin: "I'm not even following you! Don't assume too much. I'm heading to our classroom."

 

Sinb: "Then don't talk to me either!" She looked behind her where Yerin is, as she shouted those words, but suddenly.  "Aww...." She get bumped into someone and accidentally hit both of their heads

 

"I'm sorry... I..." The other girl is about to apologize but then she realize that it was Sinb.

"Sinb? What's with you?" The girl asks.

 

Sinb: "Ah Umji! Lets go" She grabbed the girl's hands tightly whom she called Umji, while scratching her head cause seriously it hurts, but still walking faster to avoid Yerin.

 

Umji: "But Yerin's there" Points out Yerin who's behind them, Umji stops from walking making Sinb stops too.

 

Sinb: "Don't mind her, I'm too embarrassed just now. I don't want to see her."

 

Yerin: "What are you two talking about huh?" She hit Sinb and Umji's arms, without them realizing she already catch up.

 

Sinb: "Ughhh it hurts" She complains as she slightly hit Yerins arms.

 

Umji: "You two stop it. You're not kinds anymore"

 

Sinb: "She started it first, she keeps bothering me"

 

Yerin: "I'm just teasing you, ah you two, are you free tonight?".

 

Umji: "Sinb, I think I'll be late on my class. I'll be going now"

 

Yerin: "Are you trying to escape?" She grab Umji's colar. "There's a place I know that you two would like, specially you Sinb".

 

Sinb: "We have an exam for tomorrow"

 

Yerin: "Who are you trying to fool, you only sleep on our class yet you pass, no need to worry about exams"

 

Umji: "But I have also an exam tomorrow"

 

Sinb: "Not now Unnie, Let's go Umji" The two walks away with their arms linked together.

 

Yerin: "There's a new opening of a restaurant, located at the rooftop of a building, there's also a fireworks display, I've got 3 stubs for free. Who's with me?"

Sinb and Umji immediately stops from walking.

 

Umji: "Why didn't you tell me earlier that it's free? So there will be lots of foods right?".

 

Umji excitedly asks, while Sinb is just standing frozen remembering something from the past.


*Flashback

Young Sinb is alone in her room with some kinds of stuff toys on her bed, and a drawing pad beside her. When she was at a very young age, she's quite good in arts and loves music, but when she got bored she will definitely escape from house and play with the kids on their neighborhood. For some moment she's watching a performance of her favorite singer on her ipad, when a beautiful lady enters the room.

 

"What are you doing?" The beautiful middle aged lady asks and sit beside her.

 

Sinb: "I'm watching you Mom"

 

She answers with a smile on her face and show the clip to her Mom as a proud daughter. (The clip was recorded when her Mom was on her middle school for some kind of a singing competition)

 

Mrs. Hwang: "Do you like it that much? It has been so long since I did that, I think my voice has already fade away"

 

Sinb: "Don't think like that, You're still the best for me Mom" She gave a thumbs up to lift up her mom's confidence.

 

Mrs. Hwang: "When did my Eunbi became this sweet?"

 

She gave Sinb a thight hug on her arms and then she notice the drawing pad beside her.

 

Mrs. Hwang: "Did you drew this thing?" She asks with amusement on her tone.

 

Sinb: "It is not fully finished though"

 

She drew a sketch of a building on the pad with fireworks as a background.

 

Mrs. Hwang: "You're just like your Dad, I think you'll be a great architect or engineer when you grew up"

 

Sinb: "I want to make the two of you proud, When I grew up I'll make sure to build the highest towers here and ofcourse a restaurant since you're a good cook, you can also sing live there, many people would like it. Although I also want to be like you Mom"

 

She says with a doubt in her mind about her future.

 

Mrs. Hwang: "Just do what your heart says, I'll support you with anything you want. Mom will always be on your side" She gives a reassuring smile and put her again in a warm and comforting hug.

 

The hug that Sinb has been longing and missing for a very long time since then.

*End of flashback


Sinb: "Liar" She says into her mind.

 

Umji: "Sinb? What's up?"

 

She tap Sinb's shoulder to get her attention.

 

Sinb: "Oh? Why?" Asks with confusion, as if she forgot about Yerin's offer.

 

Umji: "Yerin unnie got a free stub, wanna go or not?"

 

Sinb: "Just because it's free you already changed your mind?"

 

Yerin: "Don't be too silly, if you don't want to go, then don't. Umji's going, as long as I'm not alone there, it would be fine"

 

Sinb: "Wait for a moment, I don't like being alone too... I'll go with you" Sinb changed her mind too, she really hates thinking about being alone and left out.

 

Umji: "Really? You're going with us?

 

Yerin: "That's what she say, go to your classroom now, You'll be late"

 

Umji: "Oh, I almost forgot. Sinb I'll gonna go now, Yerin unnie... Annyeong!"

 

Yerin: "Let's just meet there at 7pm okay!".She looked on Sinb who seems silent the whole time. 

 

Yerin: "I know you really love places like that, Let's go to our room now".

 

Yerin enter their classroom followed by Sinb who seems out of her mind.


When the three reach the restaurant, they were amazed on how the staffs are accommodating, they welcome the three and gives them the best spot in the rooftop since they are the first to come.

 

Umji: "Woaaah! Look unnie!"

 

She went to the edge of the rooftop with railings to see the lights of the city.

 

Yerin: "This is too high, I should've suggested somewhere else" She was full of regrets but still manage to enter the rooftop restaurant, that was all for Sinb.

 

She knows how much she likes going to high places whenever she feel down specially that day. It has been 10 years since Sinb's mother left her for an unexplainable reason, that until now she still doesn't have any idea of what have happened.

 

Yerin: "Let's sit first and take our order" Yerin leads the two.

 

Umji: "Is it unlimited? I like to have a taste of everything here"

 

Scanning the menu book with a sparkly eyes wanting every piece of food on it.

 

Yerin: "Just be sure to finish your food, or else you'll pay for it"

 

Umji: "Really?"

 

She scratch her head for a while and notice Sinb who was just sitting beside her.

 

Umji: "Hey" Bumps Sinb's arms. "Don't act like a behaved person"

 

She teases, without knowing anything.

 

Sinb and Yerin has been childhood friends, who lived in the same neighborhood. While Umji has been a friend since they enter highschool and doesn't know about Sinb's past. They were just enjoying every time they were together without talking about it.

 

Yerin: "Just let her be"

 

Sinb: "Ah, unnie. Thanks for bringing us here, but I'm really sorry. I have to go, I hope you'll understand"

 

She stands and place her table napkin on her seat and leave the two, her steps are getting heavier as she is nearing the door to exit.

 

Yerin: "Hwang Eun Bi!" Yerin call and chases after her, but it doesn't stop her until...

 

*Someone started Singing

 

"Don't say those words yet, give me a little time.
Help me so the times we spent together don't hurt me.

 

Don't look at me with those eyes, don't avoid my touch that's holding you.
Don't let go of the time we promised.

 

I was supposed to tell of my already longstanding heart.
Since you who is immersed in tears I know too well.


Because I couldn't protect your lingering heart.
Please understand my heart that's back from afar...."

 

With every striking lyrics of the song from a familiar and mellifluous voice that sets the whole place into somewhere that can bring every hearts and soul into peace and warmth, makes the two freeze for a moment.