Another death

So NOT gonna marry you

It's been a year since you left but many things have changed. From the walk you've talked to the way you've entertain people but you always find a way to talk to Myungsoo even if it's forbidden for you to talk to the phone. For the past few months, Your tutor has been so harsh to you. She would confiscate your phone or your laptop just to organize your thoughts and ready you before you entered college. 

About your family, You have two siblings on your father's side. First is Joan, A seventeen year old teenager who's been harsh to you eversince you came. She refuses to talk to you and rather gives you glares whenever you try to approach her. Second is Sungjae, He's sixteen years old. He's the complete opposite of Joan. He's the only one you could talk freely on your house. He's such a sweet brother to you and often calls you 'babe' whenever you would give him a ride to school because some sort of an obsessive girl likes him so he tries to make a show that you have a certain relationship even though we're just siblings. 

From the day you came up to now, Your father is just lying on his bed. You could tell that he's badly ill but he tries to talk you. Your stepmom is not like the kind of stepmom you can watch on movies. Instead, She tries so hard to be able to catch up with you. You can feel that she cares for you and she often apologizes to you for stealing your dad away from you. Also for the way Joan acts around you.

As for Myungsoo, He've already debuted as a member of a group. Their name hasn't changed afterall. It's still Infinite. You even watch their shows whenever I have free time. *If only people knew how dorky he is*

Also, You've seen a lot of changes on their appearance. You kinda missed them but you barely talk to them anymore because you are also busy preparing to go to college and managing the company, Your dad has entrusted you.

You sulked on your seat while typing something on your laptop. You need to finish your report before deadline. Also, You want to make a good impression to the company. Ofcourse, You wouldn't want to fail your dad at times like this. Afterall, The doctors already gave him a timeline when will he die so you have to prepare yourself when that time comes.

Just then, Your phone rang. You fished your phone on your bed still looking on the thing your typing. "Hello" You answered. "Hey babe! How are you?" Myungsoo chuckled. Your lips curved into a smile just by hearing his voice, "Are you not sleeping? If I'm not mistaken, It's already midnight there in Korea". "I don't know. I think I can't sleep" He replied. "Why? Aren't you tired or something? Jini told me you've been practicing for like 10 hours or 18 hours today, I think. Aren't you going to sleep?"

"I told you I can't sleep" He insisted. You puffed you cheeks, "So what are we going to do?" . "I don't know. How are you? I miss you. I think I can sleep now because I've heard your voice" He smiled. You softened. *Here we go again with Kim Myungsweet*.

"What are you doing right now?" You changed the topic. "Thinking about you, Talking to you and couldn't sleep because of you. How about you?" He chuckled. You bit your lip so that you wouldn't laugh on his greasiness. Has Woohyun influence him on his GreaseDisease?

"Oh well. I just simply wanted to be there with you. Hahaha. I'm getting addicted to the you's. We should stop it" You giggled. It's so long since you've felt this feeling whenever you talk to him. "Aah! Where'd you learn that?" He laughed. "I don't know but there's this guy who won't stop saying these cheesiest words to me" You smirked.

You looked to your door and saw Sungjae fake-vomiting. "You disgust me, really" He looked at you weirdly then drank a bottle of water. "Get out" You signaled. "Dad wants to see right now" He shout-whispered. "Fine" You glared at him. Then you turned to Myungsoo, "Yah Myungsoo ah! Imma bout to say goodbye. You should sleep also". You placed your phone on your bed. You immediately stood up then bumped him, "Pssssh! ". He just smiled at you.

You paved your way to your dad's room. You've finally reached the door and took a breath as you turn the knob. You forced a smile and greeted your dad, "Hey dad!". He gave you a meek smile. He is laying on his bed and there's a dextrose connected to him. There is also a wire attached for him to breath and a life line that supports your father's life.

You snatched the basin with a towel on the table and squeeze the water from the towel. You placed it on your father's face and started to wipe his face with cold water. "What do you want to say dad?" You gave him an energetic smile. "I'm very much sorry, My Angel" He whispered-like muttered as he looked at you. "Why are you apologizing dad?" You damped  the towel on his temples, softly.

"I've never been such a great dad to you" He said. Your body suddenly stiffened by what he said but you chose to just smile at him, "I know you have some reasons why you left us. Let's look at the bright side, Sungjae and Joan wouldn't be born right? Knowing that their existence in this world is the replacement of you being with us makes me feel giddy inside. Atleast, You left us for nothing, right?" You held his hand and brushed the back of it on your face.

"I'm sorry. I was not able to give you a happy life. I was always a burden to you. I made you live with my friend's son knowing it would be good to our company but I didn't realized that I am selling my daughter's future to an unstable guy" He mumbled.

You immediately pulled your hand way, "He is not an unstable guy. He.. He is the one who made me smile whenever I'm sad and he wipes my tears away. I was against the contract at first but now, all I care about is me and him. Nothing else can make me as happy as the moment when I'm with him".

"Then I didn't make a bad choice on this one. Thank God! Someone would treat you the way I should've treat you. I can atleast leave this world peacefully" He joked.

"Dad!" You exclaimed.

He laughed lightly, "Can you sleep here?". You smiled, "Yes dad". You placed your arms on the bed and lay your  head as he caress your hair. You've never been this close to your dad eversince. Minutes later, You've been drifted to slumberland. An hour or two, Your dad's lifeline beep and it was getting faster than it used to. Also the line is not going up and down anymore but getting straighter. You've panicked when you saw your dad pale and not on his usual self anymore.

"Sungjae, Joan, Ahjumma (stepmom)! Help! Dad he's convulsing. Please! Help" You shouted.

In just a second, The three entered the room with the family doctor. "What did you do?!" Joan whined. "I didn't do anything. I was just sleeping at his side when suddenly I heard a loud beep and then the next thing I knew is that dad is like that" You said.

"Oh lord! Please lord not now! Please" Your step mom chanted while looking at your dad getting revived by a device with tons of electricity in it and placing it on your dad's chest.

"No lord. Please just no! Please let us have some time together. Please" You cried silently prayed as you face-palmed. Sungjae rubbed your back your back to console you.

The doctor stopped from  he's doing "I'm sorry but I've done everything I can but time of death 5:51 p.m"