༺o51༻

The Casanova's Playlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

༺ o 5 1 ༻

T H E C A S A N O V A ' S P L A Y L I S T

 

"What?! Jaewon's missing?! Why didn't you told me?!" Kai said jaw drop as he's currently in the house talking to his dad.

"Jongin, we've been looking for Jaewon in the past three days. I asked her father if he knows where's Jaewon but he didn't see her" Mr. Kim answered.

"I don't know the reason why she has gone missing but I sense that it has to deal with you" Mr. Kim observed rubbing his temples tiredly. "If there's something going on between the two of you, you should fix it Jongin" Mr. Kim told calmly before patting Kai's back leaving him standing going back on finding Jaewon.

'Where could she be?' he thought biting his lower lip.

It was Sunday when Kai thought of going to Church. From afar, he saw Mr. Cha talking to his friends seriously just how their expression could tell. Kai blinked and felt nervous suddenly when Mr. Cha saw his presence. He typed his fingers on his thighs his heart beat was fast every time Mr. Cha was walking close to his direction.

He froze his face got pale scared seeing his future father-in-law in front of him. He snapped out as he stood up and bowed deeply showing respect. Mr. Cha didn't respond and just stand there straight.

"... I supposed you're looking for Jaewon?" Mr. Cha talked. Kai nodded a bit his hands are clasped together in front of him.

"I came here to attend the mass as well" he stuttered leaving Mr. Cha smiled a bit. "We'll talk later. Make sure you don't humiliate yourself this time" Mr. Cha told and turned his back as the mass is about to start.

The mass ended as Mr. Cha approached Kai who's sitting alone looking at his direction. He sat at the empty space beside Kai and the cold and quiet atmosphere starts. Kai was waiting for Mr. Cha to talk sitting properly. Mr. Cha can scare the hell out to everyone with his cold and scary presence.

"Jaewon's with me" Mr. Cha blurted leaving Kai gasped and felt relieve thinking that she's safe and knowing where she is.

"She doesn't want anyone to know her whereabouts right now. I asked her why but... she didn't answer me" Mr. Cha shrugged and continues. "She went to my house five days ago with the most terrible appearance she showed in my sight. She felt... hopeless and lifeless. I asked her why but... she just stared at the corners of the house blankly. Like... She has a trauma. Seeing her state that time, it felt the new... Jaewon. It felt like my daughter's soul isn't in her body anymore. That was my first time I've encountered with her like that" Mr. Cha said confused yet concern before he told Kai to come with him to his house.

They're at the car as Kai's expression was readable. It was concern and he knew he's the reason for Jaewon's situation right now. His eyes are focused on the road while listening to Mr. Cha's confession.

"She didn't go to school for five days. I told her to go because she will miss her lesson. But... she was sitting in front of her study table staring at the wall blankly. For the first time, I felt the chills and goose bumps and it creeps me out. Especially... she looks dead with her pale face" Mr. Cha muttered ruffling his hair in frustration.

Kai tighten his grip at the steering wheel. He can't dare to hear Mr. Cha's confession no more. He wants to see Jaewon so bad. The longing was killing him and felt desperate to see her. He missed her, he missed her so bad. He just wants to see her. Those words keep encouraging Kai and no doubt, he goes crazy for her.

"She isn't taking care of herself anymore. I tried to feed her forcefully but she would spit the food right in my face. Then..." Mr. Cha paused and covered his mouth looking down while shaking his head.

Kai glanced at Mr. Cha waiting for him to finish his sentence. "She almost miscarriage the baby" Mr. Cha admitted making Kai stopped the car in terror.

"What?!" Kai screamed jaw drop. "Calm down young man" Mr. Cha told as Kai was being hysterical punching the steering wheel honking his car non-stop.

Kai winced in pain rubbing the pain when Mr. Cha slapped the back of his head to shut the teen boy and it worked.

"The baby is still in her womb, so don't freak out!" Mr. Cha hissed rolling his eyes leaving Kai chuckling awkwardly and began starting to drive.

"She's been charged to the hospital the other night. The doctor told me that she's taking some painkiller which is dangerous for the baby--" "WHAT?!" Kai screamed as he stepped on the break in terror.

"Painkiller?! What the heck is she thinking?! Is she insane?! What the ?! She's so--ugh! I'm... asdfghjkl" he sounds gibberish talking longer and that's the only words Mr. Cha could understand.

He looked at the frustrated and hysteric young man beside him. He isn't aware what he's doing anymore because of his strong feelings getting terrible every minute. Mr. Cha stared at Kai letting his feelings out with a poker face and shook his head in defeat the ride was getting boring.

The ride ended and the two left the car. "The nurse in charge of Jaewon called me earlier that she left at the hospital at dawn. So, maybe she's here" Mr. Cha told leading the way as Kai came back to the shy and quiet guy.

"Huh? That's strange. She should be here right now" Mr. Cha muttered seeing no signs of Jaewon.

Kai blinked innocently looking at Mr. Cha who snapped his fingers. "I know where she is! Come on, I'll show you the way" Mr. Cha told as they left the house.

Every time Mr. Cha would point the way, Kai was reminiscing his childhood memory began to replay in his mind. A smile crept in his face and didn't follow Mr. Cha's direction because he knew where they'll go. Hope that he has the same thinking as the old man. He stopped the car in front of a cemetery.

Kai looked at Mr. Cha still sitting looks like he doesn't have any plan to go outside. Mr. Cha signaled him to go outside and a small smile appeared on the corner of his lip cheering him. Kai stayed in his position for a second before he opened the car door and stepped outsi

Please log in to read the full chapter