༺o49༻

The Casanova's Playlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

༺ o 4 9 ༻

T H E C A S A N O V A ' S P L A Y L I S T

 

Jaewon arrived at the hospital exhausted. She approached the girl in the front desk panting non-stop.

"How may I help you mam?" the girl asked waiting for her answer.

"J-jongin. K-kim J-jongin... what room is he?" she stuttered patting her chest trying to calm herself.

"He's currently in the ICU. You can find the room in the left side of this floor" the girl instructed pointing the direction.

She bowed before running again to the ICU. She gulped her walk slowed approaching the door in suspense. She looked through the glass window and her legs felt weak seeing Kai full of blood and his body looks dead because of his pale condition.

She covered looking away can't bear to look what's inside. She fell on her knees laying her back on the wall regretting the words she said to him. Jaewon lightly hit the back of her head many times biting her lower lip.

Hours past, the doctor finally came out. She immediately stood up her state was worst at the moment with all of the crying. The doctor put his mask away seeing Kai's blood all over his wardrobe. She waited for the doctor to talk her hands both clasped to each other on her chest.

"He lost a lot of blood due to the impact. He has a fatal injury specifically in his head and could kill him. Good thing we safe him. But, currently he's still unconscious. We're not saying that he's still safe from dying. Unfortunately, we need a blood donor, lots and lots of blood immediately. If we can't have a blood donor at this time, he will be dead in any seconds" the doctor told with a tired and sad tone but kept his professionalism.

Jaewon called Mr. Kim same and Sehun who called his friends to come to the hospital. As soon they came, Jaewon told everything and they can't help but to feel the same. So, Kai's father, Lay, Chanyeol and D.O volunteered to donate their blood.

They left except for Mr. Kim talking to Jaewon saying that she should go home take a rest and visit Kai tomorrow. But, Jaewon refused to as Mr. Kim didn't plead anymore and went home saying goodbye to her and D.O.

The two came inside his ward. D.O was behind her looking at her expression seeing Kai's state. She covered that's been hang open as soon she saw him. Scars, bruises, fresh wounds and stitches were over his body. A tear fell again from her eyes can't dare to look at his wounded body.

She turned back and covered her face with her palms as D.O slowly took her in his arms her patting the top of her head hushing Jaewon. D.O looked at his pal and closed his eyes in defeat.

Jaewon was the only person in the ward when D.O brought her a food and left as the night became deep. She sat on Kai's side staring at him. She played her fingers to Kai's hair before travelling his wounded face. Her finger stopped in his dry wounded pale lip. She caressed it with her thumb before pulling her hands away.

She rested her head near Kai's face can't stop staring at it. She frowned and awkwardly locked hands with his. She felt warmth although his body looks cold. Her cold hands became warm because of him. She tightens the hold rubbing her thumb to the back of his hand. 'You need to wake up Jongin' she thought and closed her eyes before letting out a long deep breath.

It's been three days and Kai isn't waking up. Jaewon stayed there never leaving Kai's side. They were getting worried on her more than Kai. She looks worse than Kai because of the dark circle forming under her eyes with a red eyes and messy hair. They keep insisting that she should go home for the day and rest. But, she reasoned to stay until Kai is awake.

Jaewon is currently eating bread that Suho gave to her on his way to school earlier. A moan came out missing eating intently after the accident because she's focused to Kai.

She stopped blinking slowly saw Kai flinching in his place. The bread hung up open in looking at Kai carefully not being illusional due to the lack of sleep. She froze on her spot when Kai moved his fingers every second. Her heart was racing and felt her soul rose up in the grave that's been buried for days.

She poked him unsure in his arms making him moved. She screamed and flinched when he caught her hands gripping it tightly. She tries to pull it back but it was too late. She stopped moving seeing his eyeballs moving below his eyelids before finally opening it with a blur vision.

Kai looked around trying to regain his normal vision. He stopped looking when he saw Jaewon. She gritted her teeth nervously not talking. Kai's expression changed into a confused look burrowing both of his brows.

"... Who are you?" her face fell and she became pale in shock.

She frowns and her emotion finally burst out that's been keeping it for the past days. Kai blinked innocently hearing Jaewon's loud cry. Kai softened realizing that it's the girl that he last saw, the girl that she recently hurt, the girl he wants to apologize and especially... the girl that she misses and wants to see badly.

"Yah. What are you crying at?" a bit of cold was in his tone keeping his cool look.

"You have amnesia!" Jaewon cried wiping her tears as Kai admit he's amused at her statement but was telling himself not to laugh.

"Yah. What are you saying?" Jaewon stopped and looked at Kai confused. "You're Jaewon right? Oh wait! Let me correct it! You're Jaewon! Does that make any sign that I have amnesia?" Kai's teasing tone can be heard and chuckled cutely.

"Y-you remember m-me?" she pointed herself making a 'O' shape in her lip. "I wouldn't say that if I do. You should thank me that I still remember you" Kai told coolly.

His smile faded and pouts when Jaewon cried again. "Why are you crying now? Will you please stop crying?" Kai scratched his head.

"I'm sorry Jongin. I'm sorry for saying hurtful words that I told you that night. I just... I was carried away with what Baekhyun did to me. It's not right t

Please log in to read the full chapter