Eighty Four

After it All

Hyo Eun hummed as she grabbed a wrench from her toolbox. She was working at her mechanics shop that she owned with her twin sister, Hyo In.

She bent down to fix something in the motor of the car when she heard an engine coming from behind her, since she had the garage door open.

The engine cut off and the sound of heels clicked on the concrete as they stepped out of the car. She heard them getting closer as she tightened a bolt.

"Excuse me? I need help." She heard a high pitched voice. Hyo Eun rolled her eyes. It was one of those. She didn't really like the rich people. Well the selfish ones at least. She was rich, but she never showed it. And she could tell that the woman standing behind her was the snooty, selfish type, someone who's been handed everything to her without working for it type.

Hyo Eun set down the wrench in the toolbox and grabbed her rag, wiping her hands with it. She turned around and leant against the car, she glanced at the woman's car before setting her green eyes on the woman herself. "What seems to be the problem?"

The woman lifted up her designer sunglasses and put them on her head, "I don't know, that's why I came to you." She sassed.

Hyo Eun held the urge to roll her eyes, and stood up straight, walking towards the woman, "Would you mind popping the hood for me then?"

The woman pursed her lips and turned around, opening her car door, and crouched down to push the button for the hood.

The hood opened and Hyo Eun pulled it up, looking at the engine. After a few minutes, she closed the hood and sighed.

"There's nothing wrong with your engine miss, and everything seems fine." Hyo Eun explained.


"My name is Jessica Jung. And I noticed that my brakes weren't working as usual. I have to press it all the way down to fully stop my car."

Hyo Eun's eye almost twitched, "You couldn't tell me this before?"

The woman, Jessica, blinked, "You didn't ask."

Hyo Eun wanted to scream but she held it in, "Stay here, I think I know what's wrong with your car." She went back into the garage and grabbed a bottle of brake fluid.

After putting some into the car, Hyo Eun once again closed the hood and wiped off her hands with her rag that she had kept in her back pocket.

"Alright, your car should be fine now, if anything else happens, feel free to come by."

Jessica simply nodded before grabbing some money from her purse, giving it to Hyo Eun. She got inside her car and drove off.

Hyo Eun looked down at the money, before shaking her head. Jessica had paid her too much. Just from that, she could tell that she was careless with her money.

Hyo Eun stuffed the money into her pocket, making a mental note of giving it to Hyoyeon, who also worked there, at the front of the shop later. She walked back to the car she was working on and continued to work.

***

"Did you get your car fixed?" Tiffany asked, as she sat on Jessica's bed. 

Jessica nodded, as she took off her make up at her vanity. She turned around in her chair. "Did you visit your scrappy pup?"

Tiffany narrowed her eyes, "Don't call her that. And yes I did, Jessi." She sighed. "I don't understand why you always treat someone so badly based on status."

"Did it ever occur to you that she's using you for your money? And she's a mechanic. What a man's job."

Tiffany frowned, "Seriously, Jessi. You need to treat others with respect or else you're never going to receive any. And stop talking about my girlfriend that way. If you met her, you would know that she genuinely likes me."

 Jessica sighed and sat next to Tiffany, "Look, how about tomorrow, we go meet your little pup."

Tiffany gasped, "Really? You'll meet her?!"

"Well, I do have to see if she's good for my best friend."

"Oh, I love you, Jessi!" Tiffany hugged Jessica.

"Love you too." Jessica whispered as she smiled slightly.

***

"Baby!" Tiffany yelled as she hugged her girlfriend from behind. The girl jumped slightly, causing her to hit the top of her head on the hood of the car she was working on.

"Ow! Babe! Don't scare me like that!" She said and turned around.

"Sorry, Hyo In, I'm just so happy to see you." Tiffany said with an apologetic smile.

"It's okay, Tiff. I'm happy to see you too." She noticed another girl was there. "Who's this?"

Tiffany smiled, "This is my best friend, Jessica."

Hyo In smiled, "Nice to meet you."

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, "Didn't we meet yesterday?"

Hyo In looked confused before she chuckled, "You met my twin sister, Hyo Eun. She's actually here, she just went to get a part for the car."

Jessica just nodded.

"Hey, Hyo, I found the- Hey, Tiffany!" Hyo Eun said, and turned to Jessica. "Miss Jessica, did something happen to your car again?"

Jessica shook her head, "No, I'm just here with Tiffany, she wanted me to meet her girlfriend."

Hyo Eun bit the inside of her cheek, "Alright, Hyo, you can go with Tiffany if you want. Yuri is here in the front, I'll just ask her if I need help."

Hyo In gave a thumbs up and held Tiffany's hand, "Let's go on a date."

"But what about Jessica?"

"She can stay here if she'd like, I can take her home after I'm done with this car." Hyo Eun said, as she set down the box she was holding on a near by stool.

"You two enjoy yourselves." Jessica said as she sat in a chair with a grimace.

Tiffany and Hyo In left and the other two girls stayed silent.

"So, how long have you known Tiffany?" Hyo Eun asked coolly.

Jessica was startled by the voice and quickly recovered, "I've known her since we lived back in the states. Ever since we were little girls."

Hyo Eun smiled slightly as she leant down to put the missing part into the car, "That's cool."

"How did you get into cars?" Jessica asked.

Hyo Eun shrugged as she screwed something in place, "I've always liked cars, I guess. I liked learning about the different parts of the car, I know it sounds boring but you know, I enjoy it."

Jessica nodded as she bit her lip, she roamed her eyes up and down Hyo Eun's form. She would be lying if she said she didn't have a crush on the mechanic. There was something about her that she just liked.

Hyo Eun also couldn't stop herself from the thinking of the girl that was a few feet away from her. At first she didn't like her but she started to like her after their first meeting, she couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Hey..." Jessica started, and Hyo Eun looked at her as she stood up. "Do you want to eat dinner after this? As a thank you for driving me home?"

Hyo Eun tilted her head and smiled, "Okay. I'm almost done, I'll just tell Yuri to close up today, and we can leave, sound okay?"

Jessica nodded, "Sounds fine."

Hyo Eun nodded once, "Cool."

***

"You know, it's funny. Yesterday I thought you were this stuck up, rich girl. And now that I finally got to know you, you're alright." Hyo Eun said as she brought her spoonful of food to .

Jessica chuckled, "I get that a lot. It just takes me a while to warm up to people. I'm actually very shy, that's why I don't really talk. And sorry if I seemed a little rude."

Hyo Eun waved a hand, "Don't worry about that. The past is the past."

Jessica smiled and nodded and sipped her soda, "Could I say something?"

Hyo Eun smirked, "You can say anything you want, you don't have to ask me to."

Jessica rolled her eyes playfully, "Shut up..." She became more serious. "I know this sounds crazy to say but I think I really like you."

Hyo Eun nearly choked on her food but managed not to, "You like me?"

Jessica nodded, "Yeah, I hope I didn't ruin the mood or anything."

Hyo Eun shook her head wildly, "Not at all. I actually really like you too."

Jessica smiled, "That's good to know."

***

"Thanks for bringing me home, Hyo." Jessica said, as they stopped in front of Jessica's house.

"No problem, Jess. I'll see you later?"

Jessica leant over and kissed Hyo Eun's cheek, "Sure."

Hyo Eun smiled, "Cool."

Jessica got out of the car and started to walk away from Hyo Eun's car when she heard the other girl.

"Hey! If you ever need something fixed on your car, you know where to find me!" And drove off.

Jessica shook her head and chuckled, entering her house.

She knew Hyo Eun was what she needed in her life. 


It's been a while! But here is another story. Thank you for reading! :) Please leave comments! Til next time!