Seventy Five

After it All

 

"Where is she?!" Hyo Eun said frantically as she walked up to the nurse behind the reception desk.

"Hyo, calm down," Haneul said and turned to the nurse. "Is Jessica Jung available for visitors?" 

The nurse looked through the files on the computer before looking up at the two girls, "She's in room 368, she might be asleep but you're welcome to go see her."

Haneul thanked her before she and the rest of 2Sweet followed behind her. 

Hyo Eun opened the door to Jessica's room and noticed that the other SNSD members were there.

"Hyo Eun—" Taeyeon started but was cut off.

"Wh-who are you?" Jessica said as she turned to look to Yuri who grimaced while looking at Hyo Eun with apologetic eyes.

Hyo Eun furrowed her eyebrows at the name that Jessica called Yuri, "Jess, it's me, Hyo Eun. Your wife." 

"Wife? But Tyler is my boyfriend. You can't be my wife, I don't even know who  you are."

Hyo Eun's heart clenched in her chest at the words and tears started to fill her eyes. "I—"

She felt a hand on her shoulder, she jumped slightly and turned slightly to see Taeyeon. "Let's go outside, okay? I'll tell you what's going on."

Hyo Eun and Taeyeon exited the room, and headed towards the nearest waiting room to sit down and talk.

"Taeyeon unnie, what's going on? Why doesn't Jessica remember me? What about Ji Hyun? Does she remember everyone else?" Hyo Eun asked.

Taeyeon sighed sadly, "The thing is Hyo, Jessica remembers everyone but you. She even remembers Hyo In."

"But why only me?"

Taeyeon shrugged, "My guess is that she hit her head in some way that triggered it to forget ever meeting you." 

"It just doesn't make any sense—"

"I know it doesn't. But right now, we need to take things slow."

Hyo Eun nodded slightly, frowning, "I guess I should let her have her space then."

Taeyeon shook her head, "Hyo, make her fall in love with you again. Make her remember you."

Hyo Eun nodded, "Okay."

***

A few days later, Jessica was allowed to leave the hospital and Hyo Eun took her to their home, of course she asked Jessica if it was alright.

Hyo Eun opened the front door, and let Jessica and Ji Hyun to go in before she closed the door.

"Hyunnie, why don't you go upstairs and play with your toys?" Hyo Eun said, as she glanced at Jessica.

Ji Hyun nodded and went upstairs.

"Uh, do you remember where everything is?" Hyo Eun asked as they entered the kitchen, walking towards the table.

"Yeah I do."

Hyo Eun sat down and sighed, "Okay, uh, since we do share a bed, I'll just take the guest room and you can sleep in the master bedroom."

Jessica nodded.

They say there in silence before Hyo Eun said, "Do you want me to help you? With your stuff I mean."

"Oh! Yes, thank you that would be helpful." Jessica said as she stood up, Hyo Eun followed behind her and to their master bedroom.

Once they were done unpacking Jessica's things, there was only a bag of belongings that the hospital had kept when Jessica first went into the ER.

Jessica began pulling items out before stopping. She slowly stuck her hand in the bag and brought out a smaller bag, that held her wedding ring inside.

Hyo Eun's heart sped up. "Oh, um, you can just give it to me. I'll just keep—" 

"No! It's okay. I'll just keep it in my drawer, for safe keeping," Jessica took out the ring and looked at it. "It's really beautiful."

Hyo Eun smiled, remembering when she and Jessica had first bought them, "I know. You said it was the perfect ones for us."

Jessica quickly looked up and awkwardly stared at Hyo Eun. 

The 2Sweet's eyes widened when she realized what she said, "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to—"

"No, it's okay. Uh, do you mind if I take a shower?" Jessica said.

"Yeah, of course, this is your room to ba—I mean, Jessica." Hyo Eun said, blushing at her slip up.

Jessica blushed also, "Could you, maybe, uh, leave the room?"

Hyo Eun furrowed her eyebrows before her eyes widened in realization, "Oh! Yeah, sorry, let me just grab a few of my clothes and I'll be out." She went to their walk in closet and grabbed a few sets of clothes and undergarments. She then walked out of the room with a quick bye.

Jessica grabbed some of her clothes, to change in after her shower, and walked into the bathroom.

***

Once Jessica finished her shower, she dried herself off and put on her fresh set of clothes, a tank top and sleep shorts. 

She exited the bathroom and sat on her side of the bed, she noticed that there was a picture of her, Hyo Eun and Ji Hyun.

"We look so happy together." She whispered as she picked up the picture.

***

The next few weeks, were hell for Hyo Eun. Not being able to kiss and hug her wife was torture. She couldn't handle it, especially when Kwon Tyler was around.

Another thing to know about Tyler, was that he is Ji Hyun's father. Hyo Eun was happy that Ji Hyun looked nothing like him. If you couldn't tell, Hyo Eun doesn't like Tyler at all.

And now that Jessica has amnesia and thinks that Tyler is her boyfriend, she couldn't do anything. She couldn't blame Jessica. She couldn't be mad at her for basically cheating on her in front of her face.

Hyo Eun didn't want to step in and ruin that. Jessica is happy. And that's all that mattered to her. 

Jessica's happiness.

***

"Are you insane!? You're going to divorce Jessica? You're really going to give up?" Hyo In said over the phone.

Hyo Eun sighed, "Yes, Hyo. I am. Jessica isn't showing any signs of development, and there's no use of me being here. Jessica is happy with that guy."

"What about Ji Hyun? You know that girl loves you more than that Kwon guy."

"I love her just as much, but I guess love isn't enough."

Hyo In sighed, "Okay, I'll support you and your decision."

"Thanks."

***

Later that night, Hyo Eun quietly walked into the master bedroom and tiptoed towards Jessica's sleeping body.
 
She got on her knees so her face was leveled with Jessica's. She sighed as she stared, "I guess that's it. There's nothing that I could possibly do to make you come back to me." She continued to stare at Jessica's face and started to lean in.

One kiss wouldn't hurt, she thought as she pressed her lips against Jessica's.

After a few seconds, Hyo Eun pulled away softly and stood up and walked out of the room, silently closing the door behind her. She went into the room where she was staying and went to sleep.

Little did she know, Jessica was still awake. 

***

The next morning, Hyo Eun woke up and felt a weight on her left shoulder. She looked down and saw Jessica laying there.

Hyo Eun blinked in surprise, as she gently pushed Jessica off of her and sat up. 

She felt Jessica stir and sit up as well. Jessica smiled sleepily and wrapped her arms around Hyo Eun's neck, "Good morning, Hyo."

If Hyo Eun wasn't confused then, she was now. "Jessica? Are you okay?"

Jessica giggled, "Of course I am, silly. I'm just glad to be with my wife again."

Hyo Eun turned her head and looked into Jessica's eyes, "Wife? Does that mean you remember me?"

Jessica smiled and nodded, pecking Hyo Eun on the lips, "Last night, when you kissed me, everything came to me in a flash," she frowned. "I'm sorry I put you through this pain for the past few weeks, baby."

Hyo Eun smiled, "It's okay, babe. Im just glad you're back. But what about Kwon?"

Jessica chuckled, "I ended things with him last week, I felt nothing when I was with him."

Hyo Eun smiled and hugged Jessica, in an awkward position since they were still sitting on the bed.

She released Jessica from the hug and took her hands into her own, she looked down, looking at the familiar ring on Jessica's left ring finger.

She smiled widely, "I love you, Jessica."

Jessica smiled as well, "I love you too, Hyo Eun."

 

 

So, I hope you liked this! Sorry if it seems rushed. Thanks for reading and comment! :)