Thirty

After it All
"Yes, unnie, I'm all settled in," Hyo Eun said into the phone as she walked into her kitchen. She was living in an apartment, now that Hyo In was married to SNSD's Tiffany, she didn't want to be in the way of the newlyweds, and she was tired of hearing her sisters' name being called out during the night when the two had . "I know. I promise. Me? Get a girlfriend. No. Okay. I will. Yes... I miss you too. Tell Tiffany I said hi. Alright. Bye. Love you too."
 
Alex sighed to herself as she sat at her kitchen table. She took a look around the place. She kind of missed having Hyo In and Tiffany being there, talking to her. But at the same time, it's nice to have some peace and quiet.
 
Or so she thought.
 
Later that night, Hyo Eun was in bed, trying to fall asleep when she heard whimpering coming from her bathroom.
 
"What the hell?" She whispered, getting up from her bed and walking towards her bathroom. She opened the door slowly and jumped back when she saw a ghostly figure sitting on her toilet, with her arms crossed, and hair covering her face.
 
Alex didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to talk to the girl? Or nah? She had seen in movies that some ghosts couldn't be trusted, but this ghost seemed harmless.
 
"Miss?" She whispered softly, gaining the attention of the whimpering ghost.
 
Alex gasped as she took in the beauty of the ghost. She was beautiful, perfect, pretty, cute, gorgeous, and all of these other things that Hyo Eun had in mind. She couldn't believe a woman with such beauty was dead. 
 
Hyo Eun cleared and shifted from foot to foot. "Are you okay? How did you get here?"
 
The woman on the toilet seat sat up, "I-I was murdered here. I'm sorry if my crying woke you up. It's just sometimes I don't have control over when I cry."
 
Alex smiled softly as she kneeled in front of the woman who didn't necessarily look like a ghost. "It's okay. It's really heartbreaking to hear that you were killed here. What's your name?"
 
The woman smiled slightly, "My name is Jessica. Jessica Jung."
 
"Jessica? Well, I'm Jeon Hyo Eun," she eye smiled. "Nice to meet you."
 
Jessica smiled back, "Thank you, Hyo Eun. You almost make me feel... normal."
 
"Can I try and touch you? I mean not like that but you know." Hyo Eun blushed.
 
Jessica giggled at the embarrassed girl, "You can try."
 
Alex reached out slowly and brought her hand up to Jessica's face, and to her surprise, she actually could feel Jessica's face.
 
The 2Sweet member found herself staring into the ghost's brown eyes, as her heart beat increased. This went on for a minute or two until Alex decided to break it. She stood up and removed her hand from Jessica's face and cleared . 
 
"Well, um, I'm going to bed. Have a nice night?" Alex said and quickly walked out of the bathroom. She felt the ghost follow her.
 
"Could I, maybe, lay next to you?" Jessica asked shyly, watching Alex get under the covers. "I promise I won't touch you."
 
The younger girl looked at Jessica before nodding hesitantly. "Yeah, sure."
 
The next morning, Alex woke up to an empty bed and thought everything was just a dream. She got up and went to brush her teeth.
 
Then she went to the kitchen to make herself breakfast and jumped slightly when she saw the ghost making her breakfast.
 
"Uhm, hey." Hyo Eun said awkwardly, leaning herself against the kitchen counter.
 
Jessica turned around and smiled slightly, "Hey," she pointed to the eggs and bacon that was in the pan, cooking away. "Want some?"
 
"Yeah, thanks," she sat herself at the kitchen table and waited for Jessica to finish. Now they were both sitting across each other. "So, how is it possible that you can eat and cook?"
 
Jessica shrugged as she chewed her bacon, "Uhm, I'm not sure. I just tried it, and now I know, I guess."
 
Hyo Eun nodded and smiled, "Well, thank you for cooking this for me," she cleared and looked at Jessica. "If you don't mind me asking, when did you, you know?"
 
Jessica put down her fork and sighed, "About four years ago. My um, boyfriend, he was aggressive towards me and one night it got out of hand and he drowned me in the tub. I haven't had contact with a human since then."
 
"No wonder the land lord was acting weird about this apartment, but now I know. I honestly don't mind." Alex said.
 
Jessica smiled, "I'm glad you moved into this apartment. You're very nice and sweet."
 
Before Alex could say anything, her phone began to ring. She smiled slightly at Jessica and she answered the call.
 
"Hello? Oh hey, Hyo In. What? Are you kidding me? Right now? Okay, I'll be there. Yes. Yes. No. Okay. Alright, I'll see you. Bye, love you too." Alex said, as she stood up. "Sorry, Jessica, I have to get going. I have an event that I have to attend last minute. Uhm, I guess feel free to use any of my stuff."
 
Jessica nodded. "Okay, well I'll clean the dishes then."
 
Alex shook her head, "No, I'll clean them when I get back. You're not my maid, Jessica."
 
Jessica put her hand on Alex's arm as the younger girl felt a shiver run down her spine. "I know that, Hyo Eun, but it seems you'll be busy. Don't worry about it, okay?"
 
Hyo Eun nodded, "Okay, well imma get ready then."
 
Jessica smiled and released her hold on Alex's arm. "Okay."
 
After getting ready, Alex stopped at the front door, and made sure she had everything. 
 
She felt Jessica's presence behind her and a hand on her arm. "Wait, Hyo Eun, let me give you something," Alex turned around and felt lips on her cheek. "Have a nice day, and be careful, okay?"
 
Alex nodded with a shy smile and exited her apartment. She put a hand on the cheek Jessica kissed. "It's almost as if we're a couple." She whispered, walking to the elevator.
 
"What is going on with you? Why are you so smiley today?" Hyo In asked.
 
Alex only shook her head, she looked at her twin and said, "I think I'm in love."
 
She heard gasps from her other members.
 
"What? Player Hyo Eun? In love? Am I dead?" Ji Hye teased.
 
Alex looked at Ji Hye with an unamused expression, "Yes, unnie, I am in love."
 
"So, who is this girl? I want to meet her." Sujin asked.
 
Hyo Eun shook her head, "I actually want to wait until we've been dating for awhile."
 
Haneul nodded, "It's okay, Hyo Eun, we'll wait."
 
Alex sighed as she got to her apartment and she felt her heart beat in anticipation, wanting to see the ghost that's been clouding her mind the entire day.
 
"Jessica?"
 
Jessica suddenly appeared in front of Alex and hugged her, "Hyonnie!"
 
Hyo Eun looked at her, she smiled softly. "Hyonnie?"
 
Jessica only nodded, "It's my nickname for you," she wrapped her arms around Alex's neck. "I missed you." She whispered.
 
Hyo Eun smiled shyly, "I missed you too, Jess."
 
"Do you want to eat? I made you something." Jessica asked.
 
Hyo Eun nodded, "Yeah, I'm hungry."
 
While they were eating Alex decided to ask, "Jess, do you think we act like a couple?"
 
Jessica stopped eating and looked up at Hyo Eun, "A couple? Uhm, kind of. Do you not like it? Am I too clingy to you?"
 
Hyo Eun chuckled, "No it's not that. I actually like the feeling," she looked into Jessica's brown eyes. "I think I'm falling in love with you, Jessica. I know that you're dead but it doesn't bother me. Before you, I never experienced this kind of feeling. I've always had one night stands because I thought I wasn't capable of loving. When I saw you, I thought you were beautiful, even when you were crying. So, will you be my girlfriend?"
 
Jessica smiled and nodded, "Of course, Hyo Eun. I'm falling in love with you too. Thank you for loving me."
 
Hyo Eun smiled and stood up and walked to Jessica's side of the table, she brought Jessica up to her feet and wrapped her arms around her waist.
 
"I'm glad I found you."
 
Jessica smiled and pecked Alex's lips, "I'm glad you found me too. I feel so alive when I'm around you."
 
Alex chuckled, "Me too. So, do you wanna maybe go into my room?" She wiggled her eyebrows. 
 
Jessica giggled and hit Alex's shoulder, "You're such a byuntae."
 
"Only for you."
 
It didn't matter if Jessica was a ghost, the two girls experienced true love, a pure love.
 
A ghost love. 
 
 
 
Soooo, this is different than my other one shots :) hope you liked it! I think this one is the best that I've written.