Fifty

After it All

"Jessica Jung and Hyo Eun Jeon, you will be working on your project together."

 
"Looks like you got stuck with the blind girl, Hyo Eun."
 
"Shut up, Tiffany. And you wonder why my sister won't date you." Hyo Eun said, as she narrowed her eyes at Tiffany.
 
Tiffany scoffed, "Well if she wasn't dating that thing she calls a girlfriend, she would be with me."
 
Hyo Eun just rolled her eyes and stood up, going towards Jessica, who was sat in a desk in the corner of the room, by the door.
 
She stood next to Jessica's desk, "Hey, I'm Hyo Eun. Your partner for the next two weeks."
 
Jessica looked towards the sound of the voice and smiled shyly, "Nice to meet you."
 
"So, I was thinking maybe we could meet in the courtyard during lunch? So we can discuss the project?"
 
Jessica moved a piece of hair out of her face and nodded, "That sounds good."
 
Hyo Eun sat down next to her, "Actually on second thought I'll come get you. You're always being pushed around by other people."
 
"Oh no, it's okay. That's too much trouble."
 
Hyo Eun placed a hand on Jessica's, "It's okay, Jessica. I don't mind, at all."
 
Jessica blinked, wishing she could see the smile on Hyo Eun's face.
 
The bell rang, signaling the end of class, and Hyo Eun stood up, waiting for Jessica to get her stuff together.
 
"You don't have to wait for me." Jessica said quietly as she took out her stick.
 
"But I want to. I'm going to walk you to class from now on."
 
"You can't be seen with me. I'm the blind girl."
 
"So? It doesn't matter. And I don't care what people think, all that I care about is that you're safe."
 
Jessica smiled shyly and nodded, "Okay."
 
~~~
 
Later on at lunch, Hyo Eun and Jessica were sitting in the courtyard, under a tree. They had just finished discussing their project when Jessica asked Hyo Eun a question.
 
"Hyo Eun, why are you so protective of me?"
 
Hyo Eun blushes slightly and smiled shyly, "Well, I really like you, Jessica. And I want to be able to protect you. And I don't care if you have a disability. I still like you all the same."
 
Jessica's eyes started to tear up, "Really? Do you mean that?"
 
"Of course I do."
 
"Hyo, could I touch your face? That's how I can picture in my head how you look."
 
"Sure."
 
Hyo Eun moved closer to Jessica, and sat on her knees, she grabbed Jessica's hands with her own and guided them to her face. 
 
Jessica's hands were on Hyo Eun's cheeks as she started to move them up and down, touching her jaw, her nose, lips, eyebrows, everything.
 
"You must be beautiful, I really wish I could see you." Jessica said.
 
"You're beautiful too. Can I... Can I kiss you?"
 
Jessica blushed and nodded. 
 
Hyo Eun leant forward and gently placed her lips over Jessica's. They stayed like that for a few seconds before Hyo Eun pulled away.
 
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
 
"Yes."
 
~~~
 
"Are you ready Mrs. Jeon?"
 
"Yes, doctor." Jessica replied, as she felt the doctor loosen up the bandages that were wrapped around her head.
 
"Okay, I want you to slowly open your eyes, okay?"
 
Jessica nodded, she slowly opened them and saw that her vision was blurry, so she blinked a few times and her vision started to clear up.
 
"Now, I want you to follow my finger." The doctor said, and held up his index finger, moving it side to side, Jessica's eyes following.
 
"Babe?"
 
Jessica turned her head to the familiar voice and gasped, staring at Hyo Eun for the first time since they got together 5 years ago.
 
The doctor smiled and left silently, leaving the married couple alone.
 
Hyo Eun sat in the chair next to her and she smiled. "Hey."
 
Jessica stared into the eyes that she's been longing to see, she was surprised to see green eyes.
 
"I can't believe I finally get to see you."
 
"Just like how you wanted all those years ago. Aren't you glad that I'm not ugly?" Hyo Eun joked.
 
Jessica giggled, "I don't think it would matter to me. I fell in love with your voice and personality. Your looks are just a bonus."
 
Hyo Eun laughed, "Well what do you think of your wife then?"
 
"I think she's as beautiful as I imagined her, and you never told me you had green eyes."
 
"Like you said, my looks didn't really matter." 
 
"I love you, Hyo."
 
"I love you too, Jess."
 
 
 
 
 
So, Jessica was blind and then not lol hope you enjoyed it! Thank you and please comment! :)