Sixty Seven

After it All

The Jeon household were currently sitting at the dinner table, eating and talking to each other. Well, everyone but Hyo Eun.

 

Hyo Eun just ate quietly as she listened to her parents praise their daughter as she talked about how well her project had done in one of her classes.

 

You could say that Hyo Eun and Hyo In were polar oppposites. They lived their lives differently, in any way possible. Hyo In was the more outgoing of the two. She participated in extra curricular activities and was even captain of the debate team. She was outgoing, funny, and very opininated. While Hyo Eun on the other hand was quiet and reserved. She liked the simple things in life and she had an extreme passion for music. Which was something that her parents never really liked. They wanted Hyo Eun to be more like Hyo In. They once told her that wanting to be a performer was stupid and unreachable. That she should follow her sisters’ footsteps and be more involved in school and aim to go to colloge. Hyo Eun had only rolled her eyes and dismissed it. She acted as if she didn’t care, but she did. It’s not like her parents cared that much.

 

Sometimes, Hyo Eun thought that her parents didn’t love her, she always got scolded for one thing or another. While her sister always got the love and attention that Hyo Eun craved from her parents.

 

“Hyo Eun, did you decide join anything that actually isn’t a waste of time?” Dae Ho, their father said.

 

“No, I haven’t. Why can’t you just accept me for what I want to do with my life?” She asked, as she looked down at her plate.

 

“Because, doing what you want to do, will get you no where. Besides, it’s not as if you could actually make it.”

 

“But Lauren made it.”

 

That was another thing, her parents were always bringing her down. They never supported her like they support her sister.

 

The worst thing is, Hyo Eun resented Hyo In for that. But maybe she could only blame herself. Then again, she wouldn’t because she was going to do something that she’s always wanted to do. Whether her parents didn’t want her to or did.

 

Hyo Eun stood up and left the dinner table, ignoring her father and mother.

 

Later on, Hyo Eun was sitting on her bed with her guitar in hand, playing a song that she had written a while back, when there was a knock on the door.

 

Hyo In opened the door and Hyo Eun secretly rolled her eyes and put her guitar on the nightstand.

“What do you want?” She asked.

 

“I just wanted to see if you needed any help with your homework?” Hyo In asked, looking around Hyo Eun’s room. She stared at the posters that were on the wall. From 2NE1 to American artists such as Fifth Harmony, which was her cousin, Lauren’s group.

 

“I’m not stupid. I’m capable of doing my homework. Just because you have a higher GPA than I do doesn’t mean that I need help.”

 

“Fine. Whatever,” Hyo In said as she stood up. “By the way, word of advice, you should really think of what you’re doing with your life. Appa and umma are never going to love you like they love me.”

 

“You think you’re all that, but you aren’t. Just because you think you have the perfect life and the perfect girlfriend. Besides, once I make it, don’t come crawling to me for anything. Now get out of my room.” Hyo Eun said as she tried to keep her voice from shaking.

 

Hyo In just shook her head and walked out of the room, closing the door a little harder than she should have.

 

Hyo Eun sighed as she picked up her guitar, strumming it as she tried to control her tears from falling.

 

Later that night, Hyo Eun decided to skype her cousin, Lauren.

 

“I just don’t understand Lo, my parents will never accept the things that I do. Ever.”

 

Lauren bit her lip, “I’m sorry, Alex (Her American name). I wish I could be over there. Have you told them that you were auditioning for some agencies?”

 

Hyo Eun rolled her eyes, “Yeah, so they can hold me back and won’t let me go? Not happening.”

 

Lauren sighed, “Well, I have to get going. Got to get ready for a show. Good luck, okay? Skype me later.”

 

“Okay, bye.”

 

Hyo Eun closed her laptop and sighed. She put her laptop on her nightstand and laid down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. Would she ever meet someone that will appreciate her for her?

 

The next day at school, Hyo Eun sat alone underneath a tree in the courtyard of the school. She had a free period. So she decided spending it on finishing her song, although she didn’t have her guitar.

 

She was singing out loud when she heard a voice.

 

“You have a very beautiful voice.”

 

Hyo Eun looked up and saw her crush, Jessica Jung. Who was also very popular in her school.

“Thank you.” Hyo Eun said, managing not to stutter.

 

“Is that a new song by someone? Or did you write that?” Jessica asked as she sat down on the ground next to Hyo Eun.

 

“I wrote it.”

 

Jessica seemed impressed, “Really? You’re a great writer.”

 

Hyo Eun stared at Jessica in awe.

 

“What? You seemed shocked.” Jessica mused.

 

Hyo Eun looked away and blushed, “I’m sorry, it’s just no one has ever said that to me before. Not even my own family.”

 

“Well, I think your family is stupid for thinking that. No offense.”

 

Hyo Eun chuckled, “It’s okay.”

 

“Hey, you wanna skip the rest of class? I wanna take you out on a date.” Jessica said.

 

“A date?”

 

“Yeah, so you want to?”

 

Hyo Eun smiled for the first time in a few weeks, “Sure.”

 

They gathered their things and left. Hyo Eun hadn’t felt this happy, but now that she clearly knew that Jessica was into her, she knew that things were going to start looking up for her.

 

By the way, she is now a trainee at YG Entertainment.

 

 

 

Okay sooo, I’m sorry about the ending. And I’m also sorry for adding Lauren from Fifth Harmony since you don’t know who she is, maybe. Lol but anyways I hoped you liked it. And there will be no sequel to this story. But there will be one for the previous chapter soon. Thank you and please comment.