Sixty Eight

After it All

 “Go Hyo!” Hyo Eun shouted as she passed the ball to her twin, Hyo In. They were having a scrimmage match in the school’s gym, after school. They didn’t have basketball season for another month but they figured that they could start practicing so they wouldn’t be as bad when basketball came around later. Not that they needed it, they were two of the five superstar players on the girl’s team. The other three being their best friends, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Yuri. When ever they had a game, the five always either played the the first two quarters of the game or the last two. Either way, all of them played well together and the coach thought so as well, so they always played at the same time. All five girls were pretty popular at their school, mostly girls and some guys were their fans, they didn’t mind but sometimes they could be a little too much.

 

Hyo In ran across the court, dodging the opposing team, who were the other five of the girl’s team. She was the center of the team. Hyo Eun was the point guard, Sooyoung was the shooting guard, Yuri was the power forward and Hyoyeon being the shortest of them all was the small forward. Hyo In jumped in the air, throwing the ball into the basket, going for a lay up. She watched as the ball fell into the basket and the cheering of her teammates. The ball was given to the other team and she went to her position on the court.

 

She looked to the side, where the bleachers were and saw her all time crush, Tiffany Hwang, who was also very popular in the school. Of course, everyone thought she was pretty, and she was also part of a group of other pretty girls. Hyo In and the rest of the girl’s had crushes on Tiffany and her friends. Hyo Eun had a crush on Jessica. Hyoyeon had a crush on Seohyun. Sooyoung had a crush on Sunny and Yuri had a crush on Yoona.

 

Anyways, Hyo In was too distracted by Tiffany, who seemed interested in her phone when she felt something hit the side of her head, she fell to the floor and touched her face, where the ball had hit.

 

“Hyo, are you okay?” Hyoyeon asked, as she jogged over and helped her up. She was the closest to her in terms of the players on the court. “That looked like it hurt.”

 

Hyo In waved her teammates off as she rubbed the side of her face gently. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She glanced at Tiffany, who was giggling at her. She sighed in embarrassment and walked toward the locker room to change and to also hide away from Tiffany.

 

~~~

 

“Oh come on, Hyo. So what? You got distracted by her beauty. You don’t have to be so embarrassed about it.” Yuri said as she dried her face with a towel.

 

“Oh yeah? How would you feel if you got hit in the face with a ball in front of your crush?” Hyo In said as she narrowed her green eyes at Yuri.

 

Hyo Eun chuckled, “She’s got a point there, Yul. Besides, didn’t you trip in front of Yoona the other day?”

 

Yuri blushed slightly, “We do not speak of that ever again.”

 

Sooyoung put her arm around Yuri’s shoulder, “It’s okay, buddy. You only spilt half of your lunch on her. Which by the way was sad, that was perfectly good food.”

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. “Shut up, you shikshin.”

 

Yuri threw Sooyoung’s arm off of her and turned around to get her clothes to change into.

 

“So, what’re we going to do?” Hyoyeon asked, as she slipped her shirt over her head.

 

“About what?” Hyo Eun responded, pulling on her black skinny jeans.

 

“How are we going to get our girls? I mean, I know we’re popular and all but it’s hard to approach them. Especially since we all embarrassed ourselves in front of them in one way or another.” Hyoyeon said, as she slipped on her black converse.

 

“Well, it could’ve been worse. Anyways, I’m not sure. Are they even into girls?” Hyo In said.

 

They all grabbed their backpacks and exited the locker room and the gym heading towards the entrance of the school to the parking lot. “Well, they’re always at our scrimmages around these days.” Yuri answered the question.

 

“Maybe they were waiting for the boys, they do play after us.” Sooyoung commented, pulling out a bag of chips from her backpack.

 

Hyo Eun shook her head, “No. I didn’t see them when we exited the locker room.” She opened the passenger seat to Hyo In’s car, while Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yuri went into the backseat.

 

Hyo In got in and put the key in the ignition and started the car, “So, are we going to the same place?”

 

“Yeah.” Hyoyeon said.

 

 

~~~
 

“I’m starving!” Sooyoung whined.

 

The rest of the girls rolled their eyes as they got out of the car, they were at a restaurant that they always ate at on Fridays after school and after a game.

“Soo, you just ate a big size bag of Doritos. How are you hungry?” Yuri asked, as they walked into the restaurant.

 

“It’s Sooyoung, she’s like a human vacuum cleaner.” Hyo Eun said with a chuckle as they followed the waitress to a table.

 

They all sat down and the waitress took their drink orders. Hyo In was looking around before she gasped and hit her sister on the arm.

 

“Ow! What was that for?” Hyo Eun asked as she rubbed her arm and glared at Hyo In, while the other girls laughed.

 

“Shut up, look who’s over there!” Hyo In pointed in the direction behind Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon.

 

The others girls looked and they all gasped as well. There was Tiffany and her friends sitting a couple of tables away from them.

 

“Yo, Yuri, I dare you to go over there and talk to Yoona.” Sooyoung said, as she smirked.

 

“Are you kidding? I dropped food on her last week!” Yuri said.

 

“HALF of your food, just go do it!” Hyoyeon commented as she smiled at the waitress that brought them their drinks.

 

“Fine. But all of you have to do it too within the next week! Deal?”

 

The girls just nodded in agreement and Sooyoung pushed Yuri out of the booth. Yuri turned around and glared at Sooyoung before she fixed a charming smile on her face. She walked towards the girls’ table before looking back at her friends, who were all smiling at her. She turned back around and walked the rest of the way, she cleared to grab the girls’ attention.

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting you ladies but I was wondering if I could talk to Yoona.” Yuri said coolly, trying not to let her nervousness show through.

 

“You’re the girl that spilt food on her last week.” Jessica said as she stared at Yuri with an ice stare.

 

“Stop it.” Yoona nudged Jessica before looking back at Yuri and smiling at her “Is there something that you needed?”

 

Yuri blushed and nodded, “Yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?” She looked down at her feet, not wanting to stare at Yoona if she were to be rejected.

“I’d love to.” Yoona responded.

 

Yuri looked up in shock and saw Yoona smiling at her. “Really?”

 

Yoona nodded and pulled out her cellphone, “Let’s trade numbers and we can figure out the details later, yeah?”

 

Yuri smiled brightly and nodded.

 

Once they were done getting each others contacts, Yuri waved at the girls before turning around and heading back to her table, where her group of friends were looking at her expectantly. Yuri sat down, still with the same smile on her face and red cheeks.

 

“So? How did it go?”

 

“Yoona and I are going out next week.”

 

Sooyoung’s jaw dropped, “Are you serious?”

 

Yuri nodded as she pulled out her phone, going onto her contact’s list, clicking on Yoona’s name. She showed her friends, “See? I even got her contact information.”

 

“Well, that’s one down and four more to go.” Hyo Eun said, as she fiddled with the straw that was in her drink.

 

“Question is, who is going to be next?” Hyoyeon said, as the waitress came back to take their orders.

 

~~~

 

Hyoyeon was looking through the books in the library, trying to find a book she could read when she was bored. She never liked reading before, but she knew that Seohyun liked to read so Hyoyeon wanted to try it out. Turns out, Hyoyeon actually liked it.

 

She was about to grab a book from the shelf when her hand landed on top of another. Hyoyeon looked at the other person and she gasped inaudibly. It was Seohyun.

 

Hyoyeon blushed and removed her hand, “I’m so sorry. Uhm, you can have it.”

 

Seohyun smiled slightly and grabbed the book and gestured for Hyoyeon to take it, “No, it’s fine. I’ve already read it a couple times. It’s my favorite book actually.”

 

Hyoyeaon smiled and looked at Seohyun in the eye, “Really? It’s my favorite book, too.”

Seohyun looked surprised, “You like to read?”

 

Hyoyeon nodded, “It’s what I do when I’m not busy with homework or with basketball.”

 

Before Seohyun could answer the school bell rang and they both looked at each other with small smiles, “Um, could we possibly meet up again after school? Unless you’re busy.” Seohyun asked, as she flipped through the pages of the book.

 

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened, “Sure, of course. It’s a date.” She bit her lip, “Uh, I me-“

 

Seohyun just waved her off, “That’s fine with me. It can be a date.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled, “Okay, see you after school then?”

 

Seohyun nodded before turning around and headed towards the checkout desk with the book in hand, while Hyoyeon just watched her with a huge smile on her face.

 

 

~~~

 

“I can’t believe Hyoyeon already got her girl. I seriously thought Sooyoung was next. Guess it’s only us three.” Hyo In said.

 

“Guys, Sunny at two o’clock.” Hyoyeon said, as she watched Sunny approach them.

 

Sooyoung was stuffing her face to notice.

 

“Hey, could I talk to Sooyoung? It’ll be quick.” Sunny said, with a smile on her face.

 

Sooyoung looked up when she heard her name being called and her jaw almost dropped at seeing Sunny so close to her, but then she remembered that she had food in , so she swallowed it and wiped with a napkin.

 

Sunny then did something that surprised the girls at the table, she leant down and put her hands on Sooyoung’s shoulders, and kissed her on the lips. After a few seconds, Sunny pulled away and said, “I like you, Sooyoung. Let’s go out on a date?”

 

Sooyoung blinked a few times and then nodded as a huge smile appeared on her face. “Of course.”

 

Sunny and Sooyoung traded information and then Sunny returned to her table of friends that all seemed happy for her, judging by the smiles on their faces.

 

Hyo Eun sighed, “Make that two.”

 

~~~

 

Hyo Eun was in the gym, practicing her shooting and aim from the free throw line. She had already been there for almost an hour, just shooting and practicing drills. She didn’t even notice someone watching her.

 

She was about to call it quits and head to the locker room when she suddenly heard a voice from the bleachers. Hyo Eun glanced over and she froze and dropped the basket ball, causing it to roll away.

 

“Jessica? How long have you been there?” She asked as she watched the other girl walk towards her.

 

“I’ve been here the whole time but I was quiet so you wouldn’t be distracted. I was wondering if you could teach me how to shoot?” Jessica asked as she tilted her head to the side.

 

Hyo Eun blushed at the cute mannerism, “Sure.” She then grabbed the ball that was a few feet away from her and grabbed it, spinning it around in her hands. “Okay, so shooting is all in the arms and legs.” (I don’t know much about basketball hehe)

 

After 5 minutes of explaining, Jessica stood on the free throw line and Hyo Eun watched from beside her.

 

“Okay, remember what I taught you.”

 

Jessica nodded and took a deep breath before bring her arms up and bending her knees, she threw the ball and watched as it went through the basket.

 

Hyo Eun suddenly jumped and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist, picking her up and spinning her around, “You did it, Jessica! And on your first try.”

 

Jessica giggled.

 

Hyo Eun suddenly stopped spinning and put Jessica down, as a blush crept up her face, “Sorry.”

 

Jessica giggled one more time, “It’s okay, Hyo. I liked it. I like you.”

 

“Really?” She asked in disbelief.

 

Jessica nodded and hugged Hyo Eun, “Really.”

 

 

~~~

Hyo In was walking down the corridor, roaming around the school and was waiting for Hyo Eun to finish up in the gym when she heard a singing voice come from the music room.

 

She crept closer and she recognized the voice instantly, she stood in the doorway as she watched Tiffany sing with her eyes closed and no music playing the background.

 

Once Tiffany was done and she let out a shriek when she saw Hyo In standing there.

 

The basketball player jumped slightly. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. It’s just your voice is beautiful.”

 

Tiffany blushed as she looked down, “Thank you. You’re Hyo In, right? The one that hit in the face with a basketball last week.”

 

Hyo In blushed, “Yeah, that was me.”

 

“Aw, why weren’t you paying attention?”

 

Hyo In swallowed the lump in and looked at Tiffany in the eye as she walked closer to her. “I-I really like you, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened, “Seriously?”

 

“Yes, and I’m hoping that you feel the same way.”

 

Tiffany then hugged Hyo In tightly, “Of course I like you back, I’ve always liked you.”

 

Hyo In smiled brightly as she returned the hug, closing her eyes, as she soaked in the feeling of being hugged by the one she has been pining over for months.

 

 

All five girls had finally got their girls, this basketball season was going to be different, and they all knew it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ending doesn’t make sense, I’m sorry. Also, sorry I haven’t been on in a while. But here’s a story. Hope you liked it! Please leave a comment or an idea! :)