Four

After it All

Ji Hyun is 15 in this.

 

"Absolutely not! You are not allowed to date until you are at least 17, Ji Hyun!" Jessica said, as she sat at the dinner table after serving them food.

"But umma, I really like her! Please," She turned to Alex. "Mama, tell umma that you already agreed to let me date!"

Jessica put down her fork and looked at her wife, "Really, Hyo Eun? You told her yes after I told you not to?"

Alex shrugged sheepishly and shrunk under Jessica's cold gaze, "It's not my fault! She used her aegyo against me!"

Jessica shook her head and looked at her daughter, "Regardless of what your mama told you, you are not to date anyone."

"Come on, babe, she's already 15. Let her date." Alex tried to reason.

"You be quiet! Unless you want to sleep on the couch."

Alex shut and continued to eat.

"But umma—"

"No buts! It's a no and that's final!" Jessica said in an authoritative tone.

Ji Hyun stood up abruptly, "Fine," she looked at her umma in the eyes. "I hate you!" Then she quickly walked away, going upstairs to her room, slamming the door.

Jessica stood frozen as her eyes welled up with tears. Alex gently rubbed her wife's back, "Jess, you okay?"

The older woman felt constrict as she shook her head, "I'm going to bed early." She whispered and stood up, placing her plate in the sink and walking upstairs.

Alex sighed and stood up as well taking hers and Ji Hyun's plates to the sink also. She walked upstairs and knocked on her daughters' door.
"Hyunnie?"

She slowly turned the knob of the door and quietly stepped inside, looking at the shaking girl on the bed.

"Baby?" Alex whispered as she sat on the edge of the bed, placing her hand of Ji Hyun's back. 

"Why is umma being so unfair, mama?" The girl said, as she sat up, sitting next to Alex, laying her head on her mama's shoulder.

"Your umma is just looking out for you, Ji. And so am I, but you also forgot that I'm the more lenient parent."

"I shouldn't have said that, huh?" Ji Hyun whispered.

"No you shouldn't. Now I want you to go to your umma and apologize, okay?"

Ji Hyun nodded and stood up from the bed, heading out of her room towards her parents' room.

She quietly walked in, since Jessica had left the door open.

"Umma?"

Silence.

Jessica didn't make a move or sound.

"Umma, I'm sorry for what I said at the table. I was out of line and I know that you're just trying to protect me from heartbreak," she wrung her hands. "I don't hate you, umma. I didn't mean it. I... I love you, umma."

Jessica slowly turned around onto her other side so she faced Ji Hyun, "It's okay, baby," she patted the space beside her. "Now come and lay beside your umma."

Ji Hyun got onto the bed and laid beside Jessica.

Jessica sighed, "You're growing up to be such a beautiful girl, Hyunnie. I just don't want you to get hurt so early in your life. But I've given it some thought and you can start dating. As long as you introduce us to this girl or any other girl for that matter, when you're ready, okay?"

Ji Hyun nodded, as Jessica ran her hand through her hair. "Yes, umma. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now, how about we go and watch TV with your mama downstairs?"

Ji Hyun smiled, "Okay."

 

 

A/N: So, here's another one shot. Thanks for reading and leave a comment! I love knowing what you guys think! :D