Seventeen

After it All

 

Alex smiled as she walked in to her home after coming back from her 7 month tour with 4Ever. It was about 10:00 at night.
 
"Jess?" 
 
She put down her suitcases in the living room, and walked into the kitchen. She saw Jessica sitting at the kitchen table, fiddling with her wedding ring and looking at a few pieces of paper that were on the table.
 
"Jessica?"
 
The woman looked up at her and motioned for her to sit down.
 
"I need to talk to you about something, Hyo Eun." She said, as she fixed the papers into a neat stack.
 
There was silence in the room as Alex looked at Jessica with confused eyes. The latter sighed and handed over the papers to Alex.
 
"I want a divorce. And I'm taking full custody of Ji Hyun."
 
Alex's heart shattered as she heard the words that slipped from Jessica's mouth. "Wh-what?"
 
Jessica nodded as she took off her wedding ring from her finger, placing it on the table. "I'm sorry, Hyo Eun."
 
Alex's bottom lip trembled, "Why?"
 
"You're never here, Hyo. When you are, you're always practicing or at schedules. You and I just have different priorities in life right now. Mine is the family and yours is your career."
 
Alex stood up and went to Jessica's side, getting on her knees, "Jess, please. Don't do this. I can change, I promise. Just don't leave me. Don't take my Hyunnie away from me."
 
Jessica only shook her head and stood up, Alex followed behind her, into their—Alex's now— bedroom. The older woman grabbed two suitcases and a small one, and turned to look at Alex, who was now crying.
 
"I'll be back later for the rest of our stuff. Goodbye, forever, Hyo Eun." 
 
Alex stood still as Jessica walked past her, she followed after and stood in the doorway of her daughter's room, watching Jessica.
 
"Baby, wake up. It's time for us to go." Jessica said, as she shook Ji Hyun by the shoulder.
 
Ji Hyun woke up with a start and looked at her umma with hooded eyes.
 
"Umma? What're you doing? Why is mama crying?" 
 
"You and I are going away for a while, Ji." Jessica lied, as she put on Ji Hyun's shoes.
 
"But, mama just got back home, umma. Don't you want to spend time with her?" Ji Hyun said, tilting her head in confusion.
 
"No, baby, you're mama and I are taking a break from each other." Jessica explained.
 
Alex covered to muffle her sobs, despite the fact that Ji Hyun was watching her sadly.
 
After finishing putting on her shoes, Ji Hyun ran up to her mama and hugged her, wrapping her tiny arms around Alex's legs.
 
Alex crouched down and ran a hand through Ji Hyun's hair, trying to fix it, "Don't worry about me, baby. I'm fine, now listen to your umma and go with her."
 
"Please don't be sad mama, we'll be back," she turned around to face Jessica. "Won't we umma?"
 
"Yes, baby. You'll get to see her next week, okay?"
 
Ji Hyun nodded happily and hugged her mama once more, "See mama? We'll be back next week."
 
Alex only nodded and smiled sadly. "Okay, Hyunnie. Be careful okay?"
 
Ji Hyun nodded as Jessica took hold of her. "Remember to fill those papers out, Hyo Eun."
 
Alex only looked down. She stayed there as she heard the front door slam shut.
 
A few weeks later, Jessica had invited Tiffany over to her apartment. 
 
They talked for awhile until Tiffany finally said, "She's not okay."
 
Jessica feigned ignorance. "Who?"
 
Tiffany rolled her eyes, "Hyo Eun. She hasn't eaten, she looks thinner, Jessi. She's not the same. Hyo In told me she refuses to come out of her home."
 
Jessica shrugged, "It's not my problem anymore, Tiff. We're divorcing and that's final."
 
"Is this for you or for that Tyler Kwon guy from the school?"
 
Jessica looked at Tiffany with wide eyes, "What're you talking about?"
 
"You're only doing this cause Tyler told you to."
 
"What? No," Jessica said nervously. "I just don't love Hyo Eun the same anymore."
 
"That's BS. I know you still love her." 
Tiffany said.
 
Jessica frowned. "I do, okay? It's just Tyler threatened to kill her if I didn't do it. I don't want another Taeyeon situation. I don't want to hurt her."
 
"You're hurting her right now!! By divorcing her! And I'm pretty sure you're hurting yourself too." Tiffany said, frowning at Jessica. "You need to fix this with Hyo Eun."
 
Jessica nodded, "Could you stay here with Ji Hyun?"
 
"Sure."
 
Jessica sighed as she walked up the stairs of her and Hyo Eun's house.
 
She opened the door, since she still had the keys to the house and gasped as she saw the inside.
 
There was bottles of liquor on the floor, and everything was thrown around. She covered with a hand as she saw Alex's sleeping form on the couch.
 
She did look thin, as Tiffany said she was. Her hair was in disarray, and it looked like she hasn't showered in a week and a few days.
 
Jessica watched as Alex stirred awake, holding her head as she sat up on the couch.
 
"Baby?" Jessica said quietly.
 
Alex looked up at Jessica, "What're you doing here?"
 
The older woman walked closer to Alex, "I heard from Tiffany that you weren't doing well. And I haven't exactly been honest with you."
 
The other girl just sighed, "What is it? What else could you possibly do? You already tore my heart out when you left."
 
Jessica sat down hesitantly by Alex, "There's a man at work, Tyler Kwon, and he threatened to kill you if I didn't leave you, and I didn't want anything to happen to you."
 
Alex shook her head, "Why didn't you tell me this? Instead of leaving me? You could've gotten the police on him."
 
"I wasn't sure what he was capable of. Please forgive me." Jessica pleaded.
 
Alex sighed, "Of course I forgive you. Babe, I knew something was off with you, but I was just so heart broken to confront you about it. So, we'll deal with this tomorrow. I just want to hug you again."
 
Jessica smiled softly and hugged Alex, who hugged her back.
 
"Do you still have my ring?" Jessica asked.
 
She felt Alex nod and grab something from her pocket. She put the ring on Jessica's finger and smiled.
 
"There. Right where it belongs."
 
Jessica chuckled and kissed Alex on the lips.
 
 
 
A/N: I was going to post this earlier but wasn't sure, so I decided to post it anyways! Consider it a special chapter! :) Leave a comment if you want! Oh and check out my new story, Psychotic Minds, please! Thank you!