One

After it All

Alex slowly walked into her house as it was really late at night. She took off her shoes quietly, trying not make any sounds.

"It's nice to know that you're home, Jeon Hyo Eun." 

The green-eyed girl cringed in fear as she stared at the angry woman in front of her. She smiled, hoping it would ease Jessica's anger, "Hey, babe."

Jessica glared at her, "Don't hey babe me, Hyo Eun. It's three in the morning! I know that your practice ended hours ago. Where were you?"

Alex shrugged off her sweater and walked away from Jessica, going into the kitchen to get something to eat. Jessica followed after her.

"Answer me."

Alex closed the fridge door with her right hand and was holding a box of take out in the other, she moved to the microwave as she answered, "I just went to a party that the girls and I got invited to that's all."

Jessica crossed her arms as she looked at Alex eating, "Do you not have a wife and a child, Hyo? Do you think that we don't want to see you? At all? Ji Hyun was asking for you all night long, wondering when you were going to be home."

Alex sighed as she dropped her fork into the box of food, putting it on the counter, "I would've gotten here as soon as I was done but Kahi invited me and—"

"Kahi? The woman who confessed to you the other day? That Kahi?"

Alex nodded and leant against the counter, "Yeah. Why are making such a big deal out of—"

Jessica's icy glare stopped Alex mid sentence, "Out of nothing?! Is that were you going to say?! You have responsibilities now, Hyo Eun!"

Alex got off the counter and walked closer to Jessica, "Babe, don't yell so loud, Ji Hyun might wake up."

"So now you're worried about Ji Hyun? Where were you when she was asking for you to read her a story, huh?!" She paused, looking into Alex's green eyes. "You were partying with that woman that's where you were." She whispered.

Alex's face fell, "Jess, I'm sorry, okay?"

Jessica shook her head, "I'm so furious with you right now. But I'm tired and I want to go to sleep. I put some blankets and a pillow for you in the living room." She walked out of the kitchen.

Alex sighed and threw away the food, not feeling hungry anymore. She walked into the living room and laid down on the couch, covering herself with the blankets and falling asleep.

The next morning Alex was shook awake by small hands, "Mama?"

"Ji Hyun?" Alex mumbled as she blinked a few times.

"Mama, I missed you last night."

Alex sat up and picked up her daughter, placing the little girl in her lap, "I missed you too, Hyunnie."

Little Ji Hyun looked up at Alex, "Mama, did you and umma have a fight?"

Alex sighed, "What makes you say that, honey?"

"I heard umma yelling at you, and I didn't like it. I don't like it, mama. I don't like when you and umma fight."

Alex kissed the top of Ji Hyun's head, "I don't like it either, Hyunnie. But your mama messed up. She made your umma mad and I had to sleep on the couch."

"Apologize?" Ji Hyun asked as she looked up at Alex with innocent eyes.

Alex chuckled and hugged her daughter, "Yes, baby, apologize," she moved Ji Hyun to the side of her and the TV, putting on cartoons for the little girl. "Stay here, and watch cartoons, while I go talk to your umma."

Ji Hyun nodded and turned to the TV.

Alex made her way upstairs and to the room that she shared with Jessica.

She knocked on the door and opened it slowly, "Jess?" She whispered.

"What?" Jessica said coldly, as she faced away from Alex.

Alex walked closer to the bed and gently laid on it, she wrapped her arm around Jessica, spooning her, "I'm so sorry, Jess. I made a mistake. I should've called you to ask how you'd feel about it."

The younger woman felt a warm hand on her arm, and felt Jessica turn around in her embrace, "It's okay, Hyo Eun. I got blindsided, I had to find out through Tiffany instead of you telling me. I was so angry when I heard you and that woman stealer were at the same party."

Alex raised an eyebrow, and smiled amusingly. "Woman stealer?"

Jessica slapped Alex's arm, "Shut up, you should be glad I've already forgiven you."

Alex's smile grew into a genuine one. "I am glad, Jess."

They suddenly felt a small weight jump onto them, "Umma and mama are okay now?"

Alex laughed and tickled Ji Hyun, "Yes, honey, umma and mama are okay," She looked at Jessica with loving eyes. "We're more than okay."

Jessica smiled back, and kissed Alex on the lips, showing her how okay they were.

 

 

A/N: I hope you liked it! :D leave a comment if you'd like.