family bonding

Blinded by Love

-double update. yes, i know i know i know. *gasp!!* hahahaha-

 

 

Bom had sent Leo and Lauren upstairs to change their clothes and brush their hair. Her and Top were both upstairs as well helping them. 

"Omma what about this?" Lauren brought over a light blue tank top with yellow ruffles and a matching yellow shorts. Bom nodded in approval and helped her change into her clothes. 

"there." Bom smiled after Lauren was ready. "Go bring Leo here so I can fix his hair." 

Lauren obediently nodded and ran to Leos room where him and Top were. "Leo yah!!" 

"What?" Leo turned around as Top pulled his baseball shirt down. Top looked at Lauren and his jaw dropped to the ground. 

"yah! Where are your clothes?!" Top exclaimed pointing at Lauresn bare arms and legs. 

"They're right here." Lauren giggled and showed him her outfit. "Leo yah omma says to come to her room so she can fix your hair." 

Leo and Lauren walked out leaving Top flabbergasted. He stood up and stormed to Boms room. 

"Yah!" He put his hands on his hips. She looked at him and gave him a confused look.

"What?" 

"Why isnt she wearing any clothes?!" He pointed at Lauren. 

"What're you talking about? Her clothes are fine." Bom told him looking at Laurens clothes.

"She's barely covered! Do you want our daughter to be walking around like that in a stadium full of hormone fulled men?!" He yelled. 

"Seunghyun ah. She's 5 years old. Chill out." Bom rolled her eyes and ignored him. 

"Nope." Top shook his head and grabbed Laurens arm. "Im gonna dress her." He said before taking Lauren back to her room. 

"Whats wrong with Top ahjussi?" Leo asked Bom. 

"He's gone insane." She shook her head. She finished Leo's hair and told him to go wait downstairs. Bom got up and went to see what disaster Top was putting on their daughter. 

She walked into the room and saw Top. He was kneeling in front of Lauren so bom couldnt see Lauren. She heard him sigh in approval and nod. 

"There." He smiled and moved out of the way. 

"Oh my god." Bom covered trying to hold in her laughter. Lauren had on a her pink dress and jacket with her hair braided into two braids on each side. Her hood was up and Top had put on her brown snow boots covering her entire body aside from her hands and face. 

"Isnt this much better?" He nodded at his masterpiece. 

Bom laughed out loud and shook her head. "You've gone insane." 

He looked at her and a smile grew on his face. "Its the first time she's laughed with me since we met up again." 

"Omma..." Lauren fanned herself. "Its hot..."

Top and Bom smiled and wlaked back over to her. "Lets put some normal summer clothes on you." Bom chuckled and began undressing the poor girl. She looked at Top then. "We'll compromise. She wears the short, but i'll put a short sleeve shirt on her instead of the tank top. Deal?" 

"Fine." He agreed and grabbed a pair of plain pink shorts and a white t-shirt from her drawer. They quickly dressed her and sent her down to Leo to wait for Top. 

"Now you better keep your eyes on them at all times. If my babies come back with even a hair strand out of place I will cut your head off and hang it outside for everyone to see." She warned him as she folded and cleaned up the twins rooms.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched her. "You're not coming?" 

She stopped what she was doing and turned around. "No, I thought you were just taking the twins. Why would I come?" 

"Why wouldnt you come?" He retorted. 

"Omma please come!" They turned their heads and saw Leo and Lauren standing in the door way. 

"You have to come!" Lauren begged. 

"Yeah! We can finally be a normal family! A mommy, a daddy, and the two kids." Leo said giving Bom the pout. 

Boms face softened when he said that. "Normal family?" 

Top noticed the change in her expression and automatically felt guilty. "Alright guys come on! put on your shoes and you're omma can check if she has any plans today or not." Top scurried them out of the room and down the stairs. 

"Can I wear these?" Lauren smiled at Top bringing over Boms white pumps. 

Top laughed and nodded. "Sure, if you can walk in them." 

Lauren lifted her chin pridefully andslipepd them on but went tumbling down in a matter of seconds. 

"Why dont we try these instead?" Top chuckled and showed Lauren her own little sneakers. 

Lauren sat down bitterly. "Fine." She puffed air into her cheeks. 

Top got the fully ready a few minutes later and looked upstairs but didnt see Bom. He realized she wasnt coming so he just sighed and began walking out the door. Leo was about to close the door when they heard her walking down the stairs. 

Top looked back and saw Bom putting on her shoes in her t-shirt and jeans. She awkwardly looked at him. He smiled softly which made her heart skip a beat like it used to. 

"yay omma's coming!!! We can be a normal family now!!!" Leo cheered and jumped up and down excitedly. She smiled at him and flung him over her shoulder. 

"Wae? Your omma was never good enough for you?" Bom pretended to be mad as they walked to the car. 

"Ani ani ani! omma put me down!" Leo laughed and tried to squirm away. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

They were driving to the stadium and the car was quiet because the kids began to doze off and Top and Bom werent really talking much either. He glanced over at her and noticed that she had a sad expression on her face. 

"Its probably what Leo said earlier." He thought. Top wanted to hold her hand and tell her that everything was okay, that theres nothing wrong with their family. But he couldnt seem to do so. 

"We can finally be a normal family!" " We can be a normal family now!!!" Leo's words bounced around in Boms head. "Am I doing the right thing by sending Top away from them?"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They arrived at the stadium 20 minutes later and went to their perfect setas. Their seats were right by first base. 

"Yo Top!" A bunch of the players walked over to Top, Bom, and the twins. 

"Hey guys!" Top smiled as he greeted his old friends in English.  

"Whats man?" David Ortiz, the designated hitter, smiled and gave Top a man hug over the bleacher guard. 

"You tell me." Top chuckled with the others. 

"And who's this?" Mike Napoli asked looking at Bom and the kids. 

"Uh, guys. This is Bom, Lauren, and Leo." Top introduced them to the players. 

"Nice to meet you." Bom shook their hands. "Say hello guys." She said to Leo and Lauren. 

Lauren shyly hid behind Tops leg and Leo was gaping at the famous baseball players. 

"Nice to meet you guys. Are you fan of the Red Sox?" Koji Uehara asked leaning to Leo. 

"Only my whole life!" Leo exclaimed. 

The four players chuckled. "Wanna come on the field buddy?" David reached his hand out for Leo to take. 

"Omma can i?!" Leo asked with hopeful eyes at Bom. 

Bom smiled and nodded. "But be careful!" 

"YES YES YES!!!" Leo jumped up and down and David carried him to the field.

 "Do you wanna come too?" Mike smiled kindly at Lauren. 

"You can meet Wally." Mike pointed over to their mascot that was riding around on a bike high-fiving people in the bleachers. Lauren was now very interested. she shyly nodded and went with Mike and Koji to meet Wally leaving Brock, Top, and Bom alone.

"And they're your...?" Brock Holt asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"My kids." Top answered with hesitation. "Leo and Lauren are my kids." 

"Woah what?!" Brock exclaimed. "Since when did you have kids?! You're not even married dude!!" 

Top tensely looked over at Bom. "Its complicated dude. Go before your oach fines me for distracting his players." Top chuckled and sent him off. He turned to Bom and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry about that." 

"Its fine." Bom said. She was actually very touched by the fact that he confidently revealed that they were his kids. "Nice guys." 

Top nodded and the two went to buy some snacks. "Yeah. They're all good guys." 

"Seems like it." She smiled. They bought two hot dogs, four churros, and a bunch of peanuts for the game. 

 

They game went by quickly since they were having so much. The Red Sox beat the opposing team easily with a great score of 15-6. They said their goodbyes to the team members but didnt leave without getting some souvenirs. Leo got to keep one of the players signed old glove, Lauren got a pitched with Wally, and David gave Bom a Red Sox snapback. 

"Thanks for inviting us guys." Top said goodbye to the members after the game. 

"No problem dude." Xander and him bid goodbye. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

And thats how the next week and half was spent. Top would come over almost everyday to spend the day with them after his schedule was finished or he would take them out for to a park, for ice cream, or to the zoo. And little by litte, Bom was starting to be more comfortable around him. They didnt fight that much anymore, she even laughed around him. 

 

-KNOCK KNOCK- 

"Baby can you get the door?" Bom asked Lauren as she washed the dishes. She nodded and scrambled away from her coloring book to get the door. 

"Top ahjussi!" Lauren beamed like always. He swooped her up onto his shoulders and walked through the house. 

"Everyone stop what you're doing!" Top announced. Leo was running around the house playing with his soccor ball and stopped when he heard Tops voice. Bom finished the last of the dishes and turned around as well as she took her rubber gloves off. 

"Whats wrong?" She asked wiping the counter. 

"Tonight, we're going out." He said with a sly smile on his face. 

"Going out? Where?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"You'll see." He said and took the twins up to change. 

 

Soon enough, the four of them were arriving in a busy parking lot with many cars and people.

"where are we?" Bom asked as they stepped out. Top didnt say anything and just gave her a mysterious smile. He grabbed four lawn chairs out from the trunk and they walked onto a giant field crowded with many other people. 

"We're here to see the fireworks." He finally told them as he opened the lawn chairs.

"Fireworks?" Bom furrowed her eyebrows and took the seat next to Top.

"Yep." He nodded and turned to the twins. "Do you guys like fireworks?" 

"Yeah! They're so pretty." Lauren clasped her hands under her chin as she waited for the fireworks. 

"They're alirght." Leo shrugged but Top could tell he liked them and was just trying to be manly. 

 

They fireworks began soon and the first shot was fired up. The firework blue up creating a big red heart in the sky as the music played Frozens 'Let It Go.' Everyone cheered and clapped as more fireworks were shot up into the sky. 

It looked so beautiful. But Top was looking at someone else the whole time. He smiled as Bom clapped and cheered as the others did. He saw how her face lit up when a firework blew up in the sky. He would chuckle as she slightly jumped into her when a really loud one would boom. 

Leo and Lauren would occasionally turn around and rant on about how awesome the fireworks were. Bom and Top would nod and laugh until they turned back around again. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"That was so awesome!!!!" Leo screamed in the car. "Did you see the ones that went off in rainbow colors!! I thought the whole sky would blow up!! itwassocoolicouldnthandlemyselfohmygodthatwasthebestdayofmylife!!!!" 

"Be quiet pabo yah!" Lauren smacked him on the arm. "My heads starting to hurt from your endless talking." Leo glared at her and stuck his tongue out. 

Top and Bom laughed as he drove her somewhere else. "where are we going now Top?" 

"Lights in the Park." He answered. 

"Lights in the park? Whats that?" Bom asked. 

"You'll see." He said turning into another parking lot. Bom sighed and finally gave up. 

They all got out of the car and saw another crowd of people. Bom looked n front and gaped in awe. 

"Oh my god." She gasped with a hand over . There was a beautiful park in front of her. Every tree, bush, light post, etc. was decorated in beautiful lights and figures. 

The sidewalk even had a string of lights lighting it up. 

"Woah!!" Leo exclaimed. 

"Its so pretty!!" Lauren yelled and ran forward to see the amazing lights closer up with Leo running after her. 

"Be careful!" Bom called as her and Top walked after them. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

The four of them were walking around the gorgeous park with Leo and Lauren playing around a couple feet in front of them and Bom and Top walking behind together.

"So whats going on?" Bom asked him.

"What do you mean?" He gave her a confused look. 

"You took us to a firework show and now you're bringing us here. Is it an important day today?" She chuckled. 

Top looked down and didnt answer. "Seunghyun ah, what going on?" He gulped and finally raised his head. 

"Im leaving tomorrow. Im going back to Seoul." He answered. "My meetings with the Red Sox are over and now its time for me to go back." 

Bom stopped walking and looked at him. "wh- what?" 

He nodded sadly. "My time with the twins is over.....my time with you is over." 

That same feeling engulfed Bom. That feeling when she was leaving him 5 years ago. Except this time, he was the one leaving. She felt like everything was about to be taken from her again. 

"Unless," he said surprising her. 

"Unless?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Unless you dont want me to go. What if I said I'll stay if you tell me to Bom. Then?" Top said as he slowly got down on one knee and gazed up  into her eyes. "What if i fell in love with you the second i saw you again, then? What if you fell for me too, then?"

Did she? Did she fall for him again? 

Bom gulped not knowing what to do. "H- how do i know you wont hurt me again?" 

"You dont. You'll just have to trust that i love you which i'll prove to you in any way you want. Because Park Bom, you've been the only person on my mind ever since you i met you, 5 years ago."  He got up and placed a hand on her cheek. His thumb carassed her caressed her cheek softly. "what if...i kissed you right now...then?" He whispered as their faces got closer and closer. 

 

"I only dated her because she seemed like a nice girl but come on, you guys are my boys. My team mates! Theres nothing mroe important than you guys! Boms just a girl, i dont even care about her." 

 

Bom snapped out of her trance and pushed him away. She breathed heavily and stared at him. "No. Im not gonna do this." 

A very hurt expression covered Tops face. "Bom." 

"I think its time you go Top. Please, take us home. Like I said before, dont contact us again after you leave." Bom her heels and went to get Lauren and Leo.